Hi everybody! (I'm Back)

Thanks for your warm responses. The first chemo left me nearly as bald as the day I was born. The hardest part has been the pain of the first two weeks after each chemo. Every joint and muscle inflamed at the same time. In the TMI dept, I only had 3 puke days. Never did get constipated. My treatments are outpatient, but the facility is a 4-hour drive each way. Very expensive gas and hotel costs.

Edited by Simpfan4
Typo
  • Hug 3

Hi @Simpfan4

It's absolutely wonderful to hear from you - even if circumstances could be better for you.   But you've got a huge group of friends here all delighted to be able to reconnect with you.

And huge wedding congratulations to you and your other half!

I've split your post out into it's own topic, I'm sure I'm not going to be the last to pass comment here.

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

Welcome back! Sending lots of hugs and congrats on the marriage!

I can change the birthday on your profile if you desire, just let me know 🙂 (either here, or in a private message if you prefer)

• Thanks 1
On 7/1/2023 at 5:10 PM, Sophie said:

Welcome back! Sending lots of hugs and congrats on the marriage!

I can change the birthday on your profile if you desire, just let me know 🙂 (either here, or in a private message if you prefer)

It's April 21, ty.

20 minutes ago, Simpfan4 said:

Thanks, everyone! I have great news! The pain lessened during my second chemo. I just had my third and last chemo yesterday. My main oncologist was excited to show the results of my PET scan yesterday in comparison to the one I had in May. The tumor is much smaller now! I can eat and drink almost as well as I could before. I still go easy on citrus, though I was able to eat a serving of raw pineapple (my favorite fruit) last week. I found some patterns to knit for chemo hats. I'm very excited about recovery. Still have 35 radiations after I recover from the chemo, but I'm very happy about this!

That's great news 🙂. Good luck with the rest of the treatment xx

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Most days are tolerable as I await the next phase. They give you three weeks between dosages for the body to rest. Now my husband needs to get his family medical leave in place again so I can get the 7 weeks of radiations. Thanks so much for your weIl wishes.

• Hug 1