Critical "peeing" laws in US?

Hi,
I guess most of you are living in the US and might be able to help me with my question:
Mid of february I will be on a business trip from europe to San Francisco. I will stay there for about a week including two weekends on which I would like to plan also some naughty fun. 😉
As I am quite sure, that noone knows me there, I am really thinking about some public wetting or things like this.
But I am bit afraid about breaking any rules in the US, which I don't know.

Could you give me hint what I should avoid to not get in conflict with the law?
(Is wetting myself on purpose already against the law, because I might be anoying people? Or could I get in real trouble if there is (by mistake) a school or some playground close by?)

I welcome every feedback 🙂

Thank you!

Yeah in San Fran it kinda happens all the time, but San Francisco is kinda....different than the rest of California from what I understand lol.

It can be a serious crime here in the US if you are caught urinating in public. They can put you on the sex offender list or they can give you a fine, or just let you go. It depends largely on who catches you. I would say wetting is fine but don't go out walking in the middle of the street with your private parts out just peeing all willy nilly. I don't know what they would do to you since you're just visiting, but I'd still err on the side of caution. 

If you look homeless, you could definitely get away with pissing in public in San Francisco. 🤣

But realistically, I would suggest you just keep the fun private. Hate to be a buzz kill, but you don't want to get arrested in a foreign country, let alone while your company is paying for it.

I'm gonna parrot @Bacardi and say that yeah... San Francisco is different from the rest of Cali, even from the rest of the country. The people have a lax view of alot of things, so I guess you could fuck around and find out, but I would not do so in front of cops. If you're intentionally wetting, I would have an excuse on hand that says that you should be excused from any sort of shaming. If I were a girl, I think I could get away with saying "Oh my pregnancy ruined my pelvic floor, sorry". Idk what that would look like for a man however.

This is a pretty useful explanation of the law. If you keep it to wetting, the worst is a public nuisance charge. https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/blog/misdemeanor/what-is-public-urination-can-i-go-to-jail-for-it/ 

Realistically, as long as you use all the discrete wetting tips throughout this sight to make sure no one catches you, I'm sure you'll be fine. Do it at night, especially in areas around bars/clubs and it's highly unlikely anyone will notice. Plus, you may get several sightings of others while you're out!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ChrisS said:

This is a pretty useful explanation of the law. If you keep it to wetting, the worst is a public nuisance charge. https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/blog/misdemeanor/what-is-public-urination-can-i-go-to-jail-for-it/ 

Realistically, as long as you use all the discrete wetting tips throughout this sight to make sure no one catches you, I'm sure you'll be fine. Do it at night, especially in areas around bars/clubs and it's highly unlikely anyone will notice. Plus, you may get several sightings of others while you're out!

Thank you very much for sharing the link. That gives a good overview about the possible consequences. 🙂
I will take care. 😉

lol it's San Francisco, you could take a dump on the street

That being said, wetting you could probably get away with, it's just an "accident," after all. There are some decent spots for public peeing by Fisherman's Wharf but that is the tourist area so you'd have to be careful. Even in the Summer I was able to find secluded spots and could have made it work if I wanted to. There's also loads of public parks and beaches along the water. Didn't travel much outside of that area to the armory though (which is where the BART is easiest to navigate on the Eastern side of the city).

It varies from state to state and from community to community.  In some rural towns I know of, if your public peeing is alongside a rural road or discretely in the shrubbery, no one will care.  But in other places an exposed penis in public will be considered a sex crime with long-term consequences.  So be careful!

• Agree 2
  • Love 1
On 2/3/2023 at 12:25 PM, Vassal said:

Also while it's the Northeast getting it right now, you have a decent chance of some once in a lifetime freak weather phenomenon happening while you're here which might give you some extra privacy in public.

I pissed in public in Boston at night outside a bar and no one cared. 

• Love 1