Negative consequences of public masturbation

Kupar

I don't want to discourage anyone - not least our own inimitable, wonderful and amazing @puddyls - but K pointed me at this article the other day that demonstrates the consequences in the UK of being caught masturbating in public. The circumstances are not clear from the newspaper report, and there may be all sorts of reasons that are not "she just felt like it, and is an exhibitionist". You can make your own minds up! 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/woman-54-exposed-breasts-pleasured-24538076 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, MonsterKane46 said:

sadly if she was a young 20 something year old hot girl people probably would have enjoyed the show.... there was a case a few years back where a 40 something year old woman got in trouble for masturbating while driving... something many people have done... and I remember thinking at the time that she would never have been reported if she was a hot 20 year old.... its kind of like when girls walk down the street in tight shorts or a short skirt and low top and don't mind when a muscular 20 year old guy checks them out but if a fat guy looks twice at them they immediately look disgusted.

I agree with you - sad but there it is.

Sad that someones first reaction is to phone the police, setting in motion a chain of events that must be mortifying for the lady in question. If the witnesses were concerned they could have woman to woman suggested that she should move on or something, using the excuse that there 'could have been children there' seems a bit tenuous when there weren't.  It does demonstrate the risk that she was taking but I can't help but feel very sorry for her ending up in the paper and everything, I hope she's ok and has people around her to support her. All seems to have been escalated unnecessarily 

• Agree 2
8 minutes ago, mickymoist said:

I can't help but feel very sorry for her ending up in the paper and everything, I hope she's ok and has people around her to support her. All seems to have been escalated unnecessarily 

100% with your there Micky. It's a complete overreaction by some individuals, but worse, by 'the system'. I feel very sympathetic to the lady.

Talk about a mountain out of a mole hill ... She was in public but it's clear there were no children in the area.  She seems to have even checked specifically for that.

She was spotted from the other side of the river by a couple of busy bodies with nothing better to do than call the police to report when seeing the scene.  Some people just need to get a life and let others lead theirs.  There was no need for this and absolutely no excuse for the sensationalist reporting in the paper.  Lots of shame to go around here, and none of it belongs to the lady who's been dragged through the chaos.

Humans really piss me off sometimes.

• Agree 2

I used to masturbate in my pants at stop signs and traffic lights. I’d end up finding a 4 way stop with no traffic and cum in my pants.  But I cum so much now I can’t do it, my undies can’t hold it all.  Cum dripping down my legs, etc.. So now I pee my pants in my car. 🥳

Edited by Peevert
  • Love 1

Looking at the information in the article it would appear what she fell foul of was inserting her fingers in to her vulva. This is what is euphemistically termed "Outraging public decency" when anything (usually a penis, but does not have to be) is inserted somewhere in public. Everything else she did would probably have only been "behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace" which requires a subjective assessment rather than being an absolute offence.

All a rather unfortunate lot of busy-bodying wasting everyone's time and spoiling what was probably a lot of fun at the time. I do hope that Beverley Dean is O.K.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Paulypeeps said:

Looking at the information in the article it would appear what she fell foul of was inserting her fingers in to her vulva. This is what is euphemistically termed "Outraging public decency" when anything (usually a penis, but does not have to be) is inserted somewhere in public. Everything else she did would probably have only been "behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace" which requires a subjective assessment rather than being an absolute offence.

All a rather unfortunate lot of busy-bodying wasting everyone's time and spoiling what was probably a lot of fun at the time. I do hope that Beverley Dean is O.K.

Very unfortunate 🙁. And I agree .. I hope she'll be OK. Let's hope the sentence is lenient 

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, CON2H4 said:

Fat chance with all the attention that's been put on her.

😞 I fear you might be right ... but let's hope the sentencing judge is professional

1 minute ago, Kupar said:

😞 I fear you might be right ... but let's hope the sentencing judge is professional

You're also hoping the sentencing judge shares our moral standards. I mean, I've never been the one to understand why this whole idea of not doing sexual things in public even really matters, so I have no idea what the sentence should be, if anything.

6 minutes ago, CON2H4 said:

You're also hoping the sentencing judge shares our moral standards. I mean, I've never been the one to understand why this whole idea of not doing sexual things in public even really matters, so I have no idea what the sentence should be, if anything.

There's discretion that can be applied, within guidelines, by the judge. And they'll take a lot of things into account. But sure, their own moral code probably has a subtle influence. 

I don't know whether the sentence will be reported in the papers though ... they've had their sensationalist story out of the case. Certainly if she's given some hours of community service and a suspended 2 month prison sentence they probably won't bother to tell us. And no - I have no idea (except that the maximum sentence is a six-month jail term according to the article).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

And hopefully an office disciplinary for the two busybody women who thought it appropriate use of company time to sit staring out of the window.  Perhaps they'd run out of gossip to share from their own dreary lives.

Agreed hopefully a suspended sentence and nothing more for the lady, assuming good character and no previous convictions.

Edit  - And a lifelong invitation for Beverley to join us at Peefans where we recognise that a little free running libido isn't going to knock the earth off its axis.  There's a lot worse things people have done in the name of morals and proprietary.

Edited by gldenwetgoose
  • Agree 2
22 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

And hopefully an office disciplinary for the two busybody women who thought it appropriate use of company time to sit staring out of the window.  Perhaps they'd run out of gossip to share from their own dreary lives.

They were just angry that they're stuck in the office fingering themselves and Beverley had been able to go out in the sunshine for the same.  Jealousy is an ugly thing.  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1