Anti-bucket list

1 hour ago, Bacardi said:

Take a chemistry or math class. Not a numbers person. I have been crying at the table over math homework since I was in elementary school 😔

I found this funny at first because I know so many people with similar feelings.  I switched to a hug because no one should have to cry over these things.  Some people are bad at maths ... it's just a fact.  We need to stop punishing and/or stigmatising them for a perfectly ordinary situation.

For me, skydiving tops my anti-bucket list.  My friends think this is funny because I'm perfectly happy 200' off the ground, clinging to a vertical rock face.  They think rock climbing is terrifying.  It's all about a sense of control.  In climbing, I control everything.  What I hold onto, where I step, how I place my gear to protect myself.  In skydiving, I jump out and I'm in the hands of fate.  I trust myself ... I don't trust fate. 

• Like 1

I'm never going skiing again.   I did it once about 40 years ago.  I found it exhausting,  scary, uncomfortable,  painful to muscles and joints, uncontrollable, and just basically not any fun.  And that was when I was a young man.  I would be completely incapable of doing it now.

Also, I once crashed a small plane and wrecked it.  I wasn't injured,  but that was just luck.  I am determined to never do that again.

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

Pegging.  18 months ago, while I was going through 6 weeks of radiation treatment for prostate cancer, each morning I would turn up at the clinic, and one of the radiation technicians (invariably, a stunningly attractive 20-some year old woman) would insert a 'rectal balloon' (go on, google it) up my backside, inflate it to keep all the parts there in position while I was zapped with some radiation.  I decided then and there nothing else would be put up there...

• Like 1
  • Hug 2
  • Agree 1

Things I will never do:

- Visit the USA

- Drink alcohol

- Take a loan

Things I will never do again because I have learnt my lesson:

- Have sex with a woman

- Listen to my father's advice on financial investments

- Eat cheap pizza

There are probably more things which I am just avoiding subconsciously, but those are the only points I can easily think of rn.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, TMN_Femboi said:

Things I will never do:

- Visit the USA

- Drink alcohol

- Take a loan

Things I will never do again because I have learnt my lesson:

- Have sex with a woman

- Listen to my father's advice on financial investments

- Eat cheap pizza

There are probably more things which I am just avoiding subconsciously, but those are the only points I can easily think of rn.

That's a really interesting list. Thanks for sharing. I feel there are stories behind it, but I don't want you to explain 🤗

8 minutes ago, Kupar said:

That's a really interesting list. Thanks for sharing. I feel there are stories behind it, but I don't want you to explain 🤗

I think you're right, it's a once bitten twice shy kinda thing

Right here’s my list, some things were from life experiences and some are just things I’ll never do. 

Try to walk down a rocky hill with only sandals. (Learnt) 

join the military. 

Work in a fast food place or delivery service. 

being greedy/taking more bite then you can chew. (Learnt, especially in video games) 

use axe body spray. (Learnt) 

smoke cigarettes or vape.

Edited by bungholio69
  • Like 2