Avoiding toilets in Covid times

Last September I saw a woman urinate in front of her family (they probably didn't know though) instead of using the toilet 100ft away. Of course I don't know if she was just lazy or avoiding bathrooms, but I hope it was the latter because that's a trend I support. Think of all the water saved instead of wasted for flushing yellow water.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Bacardi said:

I avoided public toilets even before covid hit haha. Have always hated them and avoided them if possible. I literally had a conversation the other day that if I had to choose between peeing in a port a potty or gas station bathroom and peeing in the street where everyone could see me, I would always choose to pee in the open 😬

That's the kind of attitude that makes being out for a stroll potentially so much fun. Stumbling across a lady brazenly peeing in full view, lol

Sadly I have only ever witnessed such things a handful of times, my favourite being some lady squatting and pissing in full public view on the pavement/sidewalk.

• Like 3

idk if i actually witnessed it any more, but it has come up in conversations in my circles. and it definitely was hard to find open public bathrooms here as almost every public loo was closed. heck, even now, with many of our business and stuff opening back up to normal, there are still places where the bathrooms have remained closed. 

Edited by puddyls
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

In my case, living in a fairly rural village close to a small city,  the nearest to public toilets outside the city are those in pubs and cafes.  In the city there are then more restaurants, pubs, shopping centres etc all with toilets.

Of course during lockdown all the retail premises were closed to the public as described.  There was quite a period of time during lockdown where I didn't go into town at all - so no idea if it was a factor leading to increased sightings.

The other factor though is there was a sudden peak in people with time on their hands whilst furlowed or working flexibly from home and able to go out walking, jogging, cycling or whatever without their busy work schedules.  So perhaps more people being out in the great outdoors.   No drunken weekend peeing behind nightclubs, but instead sunny afternoons in the park.

I've written in the past about my two experiences - a lockdown afternoon cycle ride in the middle of nowhere and passing a lady driver of a supermarket delivery van squatting on a grass verge.  Also when back in work with strictly reduced bathroom facilities, catching (I'm near certain) a female colleague using the stall in the gents.

• Like 4
20 hours ago, Bacardi said:

I avoided public toilets even before covid hit haha. Have always hated them and avoided them if possible. I literally had a conversation the other day that if I had to choose between peeing in a port a potty or gas station bathroom and peeing in the street where everyone could see me, I would always choose to pee in the open 😬

This!! I avoid public toilets as much as possible. I’d never use a porta potty, one of those paid toilets on the street, a park toilet, train toilet etc. I will use a shopping centre toilet if I really really have to but I do the hover and squat method so I don’t make any contact! 🤣 but generally I go to the toilet before I leave the house and will go when I get home. I can easily hold it most of the day so it rarely happens anyway. I can’t say over noticed any increased peeing with the toilet being closed, I have seen a post on Facebook about the toilets being closed and people just said it stopped them going out as much. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

@BGSB86 oh dear that’s a tricky mix! I have a bladder of steel I think, I have never leaked or had an accident, even through two pregnancies. I think my bladder would rupture before I wet myself, it can be so full it’s seriously painful and I can’t walk and still not a drip leaks. 😅

• Like 1
  • Love 2