Did anyone develop long term connections through here?

WetNightmare

It's a point I seem to find myself answering every few days - usually when a brand new member is asking 'anyone live in ... and want some fun?'

And it's very much about trust.   Take an imaginary new member, let's call them 'Alice'.   When they join, we know a username they they have chosen - in this case 'Alice20', so what else do we know?

They have a profile page of course, but often people will leave big parts blank.  It may have a date of birth and a gender that may tie in with our assumption from the username alone...  a female born in 2001 or so?  That's what they are telling us?  Now, would you want to meet based on solely those pieces of assumption?

Let's say after a week or two they've posted some really hot photos, and maybe some accounts of their wild pissing, and they say they want to meet people for fun...  Would you?  or what alarm bells would ring?   What do you actually, really know - absolutely nothing.  So if they gave you a location and you turned up at the appointed time, would you find Alice?   Would you find undercover cops, a mob intent on mugging you?   A prostitute wanting your money and possibly blackmail?  A 200kg psychopath with a knife?

That's part of the reason site rules cover the not giving out personal information and for that matter not asking for off-site communication details.  The other factor of course is that we work very hard (and Admin invests a lot of cost) to make this place the awesome site it is, and the people make it the awesome community.  Having people drawing others away to other forms of media and other platforms is just rude.

Anyway, back to the point - as Alice20 continues interacting with the site, everyone she interacts to will begin to build a mental picture of who she is, what she's like.  People will gradually become closer and closer friends.  She may get involved in more one to one chats where she and friends are happy to talk a little more of their interests, their lives, their past and present and so on.  Still conscious of course that we're taking everything on trust.  That Alice is who they say they are.

And the point that we do recognise is that maybe, just maybe, really close online Peefans friendships can occur between people - and only after those people are absolutely sure - they could develop that into a virtual friendship beyond the site and into the real world.  That is permitted under site rules, it's in the Amendment to Rule 8.  But it's worded very carefully, members who have built up strong friendships.  And it still precludes 'unsolicited requests' - so me chatting regularly to you guys and feeling close to you all on public posts does not mean I can PM out of the blue to give out my Facebook identity or ask for your email.  It cannot be done by posting it on the site where anyone can see.  It can be done though where an existing conversation with a longstanding Peefan friend turns in that direction. 

In that sense you're absolutely correct - exchanging or asking for that information is against site rules - but being close friends is of course ok.

I'll hold my hand up - there are probably four people on this site who are close enough friends to know some of my real world details. One who I converse with off the site, the others just know some of my real world activities and hence my real name.  But it's taken at least 18 months if not a couple of years before we've become close enough to share like that.  Not just 18 months of passing on the site, but 18 months of increasingly close chat and friendship.  So I can't say 'don't do it' but just that it's a long, long pathway.   (And even then who knows if I'm still the axe-murderer?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/19/2022 at 7:31 PM, gldenwetgoose said:

It's a point I seem to find myself answering every few days - usually when a brand new member is asking 'anyone live in ... and want some fun?'

And it's very much about trust.   Take an imaginary new member, let's call them 'Alice'.   When they join, we know a username they they have chosen - in this case 'Alice20', so what else do we know?

They have a profile page of course, but often people will leave big parts blank.  It may have a date of birth and a gender that may tie in with our assumption from the username alone...  a female born in 2001 or so?  That's what they are telling us?  Now, would you want to meet based on solely those pieces of assumption?

Let's say after a week or two they've posted some really hot photos, and maybe some accounts of their wild pissing, and they say they want to meet people for fun...  Would you?  or what alarm bells would ring?   What do you actually, really know - absolutely nothing.  So if they gave you a location and you turned up at the appointed time, would you find Alice?   Would you find undercover cops, a mob intent on mugging you?   A prostitute wanting your money and possibly blackmail?  A 200kg psychopath with a knife?

That's part of the reason site rules cover the not giving out personal information and for that matter not asking for off-site communication details.  The other factor of course is that we work very hard (and Admin invests a lot of cost) to make this place the awesome site it is, and the people make it the awesome community.  Having people drawing others away to other forms of media and other platforms is just rude.

Anyway, back to the point - as Alice20 continues interacting with the site, everyone she interacts to will begin to build a mental picture of who she is, what she's like.  People will gradually become closer and closer friends.  She may get involved in more one to one chats where she and friends are happy to talk a little more of their interests, their lives, their past and present and so on.  Still conscious of course that we're taking everything on trust.  That Alice is who they say they are.

And the point that we do recognise is that maybe, just maybe, really close online Peefans friendships can occur between people - and only after those people are absolutely sure - they could develop that into a virtual friendship beyond the site and into the real world.  That is permitted under site rules, it's in the Amendment to Rule 8.  But it's worded very carefully, members who have built up strong friendships.  And it still precludes 'unsolicited requests' - so me chatting regularly to you guys and feeling close to you all on public posts does not mean I can PM out of the blue to give out my Facebook identity or ask for your email.  It cannot be done by posting it on the site where anyone can see.  It can be done though where an existing conversation with a longstanding Peefan friend turns in that direction. 

In that sense you're absolutely correct - exchanging or asking for that information is against site rules - but being close friends is of course ok.

I'll hold my hand up - there are probably four people on this site who are close enough friends to know some of my real world details. One who I converse with off the site, the others just know some of my real world activities and hence my real name.  But it's taken at least 18 months if not a couple of years before we've become close enough to share like that.  Not just 18 months of passing on the site, but 18 months of increasingly close chat and friendship.  So I can't say 'don't do it' but just that it's a long, long pathway.   (And even then who knows if I'm still the axe-murderer?)

This exact explanation should be given to every new member I reckon so people know how things work and what to expect/not expect. So well said, Goose. 💚

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

I'm guessing there have been a few people on here that have built up a good relationship through this site that has developed into a friendship in the real world. 

Guess with everything in this world, you never know where it will lead, just be careful

Absolutely. And I think, in my humble opinion being a “newbie” (have only been here properly for a couple of years, but I think I found this site a number of years ago), it takes a lot of trust and maturity. Also, it needs to happen organically, and you can’t force things in building friendships. If you have things in common,put time into it, and get to know people, friendship will more naturally build between people. People have busy lives anyway so you have to be understanding of that, as well as different timezones. Which, for me, is the worst bit! 😭

There are some incredible people on here. But I understand the need to be careful and protect privacy too. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, MidoriLemonade85 said:

People have busy lives anyway so you have to be understanding of that, as well as different timezones. Which, for me, is the worst bit! 😭

That certainly doesn't help.

Finding the time to build up a good friendship is difficult too, even when you're in the same time zone. We all lead busy lives so fitting in time on here can be hard. 

And yes, there are some great people on here and a few I'd love to get to know better just on a friendship level but sadly I don't think it will happen

• Hug 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, LovesToWet said:

That certainly doesn't help.

Finding the time to build up a good friendship is difficult too, even when you're in the same time zone. We all lead busy lives so fitting in time on here can be hard. 

And yes, there are some great people on here and a few I'd love to get to know better just on a friendship level but sadly I don't think it will happen

You never know. It does take time to build trust. Sometimes years. Eventually people open up, if it’s meant to be. Some people don’t come here for friendship. I only came here for photos in the beginning. And eventually realised there were lots of people on here worth getting to know better. I think a mix of Live Chat and private chat is good sometimes.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 12:56 AM, MidoriLemonade85 said:

Also, it needs to happen organically, and you can’t force things in building friendships. If you have things in common,put time into it, and get to know people, friendship will more naturally build between people. People have busy lives anyway so you have to be understanding of that, as well as different timezones. Which, for me, is the worst bit! 😭

Yessss bestie. You hit it right on the nose here. You cannot simply fly into someone's inbox and say "can we be friends?" And then expect someone to hand over all their info. Before the admins really started cracking down on stuff like that this happened to me every once and a while and it just boggled my mind lol. 

On 9/10/2022 at 2:19 AM, MidoriLemonade85 said:

You never know. It does take time to build trust. Sometimes years. Eventually people open up, if it’s meant to be. Some people don’t come here for friendship. I only came here for photos in the beginning. And eventually realised there were lots of people on here worth getting to know better. I think a mix of Live Chat and private chat is good sometimes.

Just about the same here. This is my first and one and only fetish forum so I came on here just thinking I'd be getting off, and after a year or so I started opening up to others and its been one of the best decisions of my life. Having such close online friends that are into the same things I am into sexually has been a blessing that I didn't know I needed. To hear about their lives, their kids, their studies, and so on and knowing that they function with the fetish is something that I at one point in my life didn't think was possible since for a while I thought I was just such a sexual deviant that didn't deserve those things.

Peefans: came for the pee, stayed for the fun and caring community 😁

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Bacardi said:

Yessss bestie. You hit it right on the nose here. You cannot simply fly into someone's inbox and say "can we be friends?" And then expect someone to hand over all their info. Before the admins really started cracking down on stuff like that this happened to me every once and a while and it just boggled my mind lol. 

Just about the same here. This is my first and one and only fetish forum so I came on here just thinking I'd be getting off, and after a year or so I started opening up to others and its been one of the best decisions of my life. Having such close online friends that are into the same things I am into sexually has been a blessing that I didn't know I needed. To hear about their lives, their kids, their studies, and so on and knowing that they function with the fetish is something that I at one point in my life didn't think was possible since for a while I thought I was just such a sexual deviant that didn't deserve those things.

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bacardi said:

And yes it is always lovely to see how us sexual deviants, with such an anti social kink, function as regular humans with regular lives and responsibilities. I come to PeeFans to hang out with wonderful people from all over the world who understand me. I can relax and free my mind and be myself and be accepted,  with no filters. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1