Women's urinal six times quicker says creators

15 hours ago, ppppppp said:

A prototype is being trialled at the Bristol Comedy Garden at the weekend.

Is there anyone here near Bristol who could make a site visit and report back?

Sounds like a real adventure for a girl. 

• 8 months later...

Literally tonight something popped up from UK BBC news about the business venture. Unfortunately the majority of comments seemed to be from people seeing problems rather than solutions, and evidently people who’d never used conventional festival portaloos. 

Reading the comments for and against in the articles...

There is a perception that with the standard type festival or event toilet, some ladies may enter, pee and go...   whereas others may enter, lock the door, check it's locked, tear off sheets of toilet paper, carefully cover the seat with them, remove clothing, sit, tinkle, then after redressing will wash hands in the miniscule sink, dry hands etc.

The proposal around these ladies urinals is that many of those steps are removed for those willing to use them. Thus the in / pee / out time is reduced.  Handwashing facilities can be provided just outside.  Of course in the images shown of these urinals it's not obvious how used sanitary products could be disposed of and there are views about clothing getting contaminated if dragging on the floor.

The point that is missed by a lot of the criticism of these is that they are not intended to replace four-star-hotel bathrooms - but they are a valid option for anyone who's used a chemical portaloo in a field on a hot day along with several thousand others.  Just avoiding the stench, the risk of faeces, vomit etc etc on the floor, seat and wherever else...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-57340739

• Like 1
Just now, Sophie said:

Squat over it

Haha ok. I think squatting over a toilet would be just as easy!! Now if they kinda had mid height shewee type troughs to stand over, I might see the advantage!! Skirts can be hitched up, trousers pushed down, walk over it and pee!!

What is old becomes new again. Back in 1990 a Florida woman, Kathleen Kidder Jones, trademarked the She-inal. Sometime soon after there were a couple of other novelty female urinals floating around which wasn't that particular device, but used the same principle. All she-inals basically involve females holding a gathering container close to their womanhood and violà, look what I can do!

I also deduce from watching videos of several women using it is that there's a lot of giggling involved. However one video I highly enjoyed-- produced circa 2000-- was of several women in a secluded park setting, standing in a line peeing into a plastic male organ shaped she-inal. Two of the women finished urinating in rather short order, but the third demonstrated much more endurance. After roughly 45 seconds of pee spurting forth from the device's urethra, her pee-mates became more captivated and excited with her urinating ability than any aspect of her using the gadget. I recall she broke the minute mark before running dry.

Unfortunately you won't find that video online; it never made any of Fetish Films two or three Best of Peeing compilation videos. Note there are still peeing videos of Catalina L'Amour available, although by 2022 she has plenty of airframe hours on her well-developed labia. 

Edited by LngPeeFan