Sad ending to a magnificent machine

Back in May of 2017 a terrible thing happened, my quadtrac burned down. A hydraulic line coming of the pump ruptured spraying hot, atomized oil at the hot exhaust. The result wad instant flames. I got out of the can in about 20 seconds or so. In less than a minute the cab was fully engulfed. I was lucky to have not been hit with 180F hydraulic oil as I jumped out of the cab. 3 days later and $700,000 later I had a new tractor and was seeding again. The battle with the insurance company was something else lol

Screenshot_20210505-162145_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210505-162126_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210505-162116_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210505-162106_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210505-162055_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
12 hours ago, Kupar said:

You weren't kidding @speedy3471. There wasn't much left. And the insurance company wanted to repair it?!?! Glad you got out OK.

Yup they reckoned it could be fixed. I like to think that anything cab be fixed but maybe an exception is needed here lol

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, Peefan83 said:

Lucky to get out quickly though. When they go they go!! I saw a combine catch fire when I was younger. Completely gutted in less than 10 minutes. 

Yes it's crazy how fast they go up in flames. I got out of the cab within about 29 seconds or so. By then the flames were 2 feet up the door 

Guest UnabashedUser

You one lucky gomer, buddy.

Yeah the insurance blokes will kill ya if the fire didn't. Good to see you won that battle.

4 hours ago, UnabashedUser said:

You one lucky gomer, buddy.

Yeah the insurance blokes will kill ya if the fire didn't. Good to see you won that battle.

Iam just glad I wasn't moving down the road at 20mph. Wouldn't of had time to bring the machine to a complete stop before bailing out

• Like 1
On 5/13/2021 at 12:35 PM, willinglywet said:

Definately gone..i hope the insurance guys have enough common sense to see that if that machine is fixed it will cost a lot more than buy a new one.

O it was a fight with the insurance company, but they finally came out and verified that it couldn't be fixed lol 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 8:38 AM, Sunshine108 said:

Wow!!! What a nightmare!! Glad to read you're OK! Did you get the same model as a replacement?

We bought a 620 quadtrac instead of a 600. Our current 620quadtrac is rated at 620 horsepower, hence the 620 model name lol

• Like 1