The PeeFans Sports Club

Guest ShyPeeMan

Have you got any goals this year?

I've already got my 1st goal. Did my 1st 10k ever on New Year's Day.

2nd is cycling coast to coast so best get training

3rd, run a half marathon so again I best get ttaining

2 hours ago, ShyPeeMan said:

Have you got any goals this year?

I've already got my 1st goal. Did my 1st 10k ever on New Year's Day.

2nd is cycling coast to coast so best get training

3rd, run a half marathon so again I best get ttaining

Wow! Well done on the 10k 🙂 and the stretch goals. I want to run a half marathon in under 1:45 this year. Like you, I need to get out there and train!

Let us know how you're getting on 🙂

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Alfresco said:

I am hopeless with exercise - so my goal is just to get out and do some cycling and kayaking when I can.

Sounds excellent. I sort of fancy trying stand-up paddleboarding, but I don't know whether I'll do it this year. 

10 mile run this morning. I will ache tomorrow. But I am pleased: 7 weeks until the half-marathon and training is back on schedule. Just got to stay clear of injuries 🙂 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Kupar said:

Sounds excellent. I sort of fancy trying stand-up paddleboarding, but I don't know whether I'll do it this year. 

I have tried SUP a couple of times.   My sister is a fan of it.   It is a relaxing way of pottering around, but you would have to fairly go for it to consider it a workout.  Having said that, your legs do get a bit of use in keeping the balance.   Personally I'm not that keen on being stood up and I prefer the kayak option.   I'm not saying I wouldn't do it if the chance was there, but I'm not about to go and buy my own board.

What my sister likes is the fact that you can be in different positions - you can kneel, stand, sit or even lie on the board - so she sometimes paddles out to the middle of the lake and then just lies on the board looking up at the sky. When paddling in different positions it does stop you getting cramp or feeling like you are only doing one thing though.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Kupar said:

10 mile run this morning. I will ache tomorrow. But I am pleased: 7 weeks until the half-marathon and training is back on schedule. Just got to stay clear of injuries 🙂 

Well done!   Sounds like you are way fitter that I am.  I'd definitely struggle with a run anything like that long.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Well done!   Sounds like you are way fitter that I am.  I'd definitely struggle with a run anything like that long.

You just need to build up to it 🙂 

• Like 1

Lovely day today so I went for a cycle ride at lunch time.  I rode to a nearby large pond or small lake and sat on a bench enjoying the sun and listening to the birds.  I did have the pleasure of following a lady cyclist aged about 30 for a while as I pulled out of a side road behind her and kept pace with her until our routes separated.  She provided a pleasant view of her rear for a while.

After the road but, I cut across a field and through some heathland to the pond.  I drank plenty water before I set off which meant air was able to write a message in the frost covered grass.

C0AF5293-68E0-4540-858A-5F0DF992AEE4.thumb.jpeg.8fd5db6d6d077fb772620b0f8d579e56.jpeg

having returned home, I do feel like it was a worthwhile way to spend my lunch hour.  

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Alfresco said:

Lovely day today so I went for a cycle ride at lunch time.  I rode to a nearby large pond or small lake and sat on a bench enjoying the sun and listening to the birds.  I did have the pleasure of following a lady cyclist aged about 30 for a while as I pulled out of a side road behind her and kept pace with her until our routes separated.  She provided a pleasant view of her rear for a while.

After the road but, I cut across a field and through some heathland to the pond.  I drank plenty water before I set off which meant air was able to write a message in the frost covered grass.

C0AF5293-68E0-4540-858A-5F0DF992AEE4.thumb.jpeg.8fd5db6d6d077fb772620b0f8d579e56.jpeg

having returned home, I do feel like it was a worthwhile way to spend my lunch hour.  

Sounds like a very good lunchtime all round 🙂

• Like 1
Guest ShyPeeMan

5k this morning, my 1st run in 3 weeks and was pleasantly surprised at my pace. Had to be careful as well cos it's icy under foot.

Just curious, anyone use Strava, if so and you fancy a follow PM me

Guest ShyPeeMan
On 1/16/2022 at 12:29 PM, Kupar said:

Wow!

It was the 1st day of a C2C charity bike ride me and a friend did, great ride with some challenging hills.