Playstation 5 or Xbox Series X?

Playstation 5 or Xbox Series X?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think you will buy?

• Playstation 5
    • Xbox Series X
    • Neither going to buy a new gaming PC.

I thought it would be fun to star this thread as a discussion about which console you are considering purchasing. I appreciate that in terms of the power and hardware Xbox Series X suprasses the Playstatoin 5. But it would be good to hear peoples thoughts on this which console you will purchase. Are you a die hard Plastation fan or a an Xbox fan?

Edited by lovestoseepee

I am most likely going to get a PS5 personally, mainly due to the fact that I have never had an xbox and whilst the new xbox will most likely offer superior gaming quality and performance, I am a loyal PlayStation fan. I have had all the consoles right from the very first Playsatation that came out in 1994 (however I didn't get it on when it first came out as had I saved up for one). I am now kicking myself for selling my original Playstation so that I could get a PS2. I appreciate I could probably get one from Ebay and I may do that since I now have every other Playstation console and I am going to keep them. I am also seriously considering pre-odring a PS5 when I am able to, since I have never had a Playstation on relase day and I rather fancy being one of the 1st to get one. I know that sometimes being one of the first with having somethign new, means that any bugs or design floors that are discoevered are liekly to affect me since in future releases they are likely to be fixed. To combat that I will see if i can purchase any sort of extended warranty and hope that if anything does go wrong it does it during the warranty period. I of course don't want there to be problems but I am a realist and know that design floors and bugs do occur.

I also want to add a note for the die hard xbox fans I have nothing against xbox it's just that Sony going into the console market much earlier than Microsoft did hence being a Playstation fan. If Microsoft released a console at the same time as Sony then it may well have been a different story but one will never know since they didn't.

Personally, I prefer to game on PC, but my girlfriend and I are big Halo buffs, and I know the only way I would get to play the new ones is if I own an Xbox. The only reason I would really want to by a PS4 or PS5 is to play Until Dawn.

Edited by Mr. Whizz

Yeah I know the game all too well. It is unfortunate that game companies do that bullshit where you need to buy a console to play a certain title. I am happy that I can play the inspiration for Until Dawn on PC. Heavy Rain was a great game. Had more nudity and some pissing which was also nice.

On 5/8/2020 at 8:58 PM, lovestoseepee said:

@Mr. Whizz I would highly recommend Until Dawn it's a great game. But PC gaming is good too and I also have a gaming laptop as well.

Edited by Mr. Whizz

PS5 all day long, used to PC game but stopped a long time back and the pc is an antique now.  
There's only one game that tempted me to get an x bone and that was Forza.
I've always been in the PS camp and with GT Sport, and Assetto Corsa Competizione coming soon I lo be sticking with it. Plus the PS5 will play all my PS4 games so no point changing.

Edited by mickymoist
  • 2 weeks later...

You mean the Xbox Alexa? Lmao. 

We're big gamers in my house and are planning on picking up the PS5 at launch if we can. We'll probably end up getting the new Xbox too at some point as we have a console from every generation on each side of the industry, as well as a gaming PC. Im definitely a Sony girl to the very end.

• Love 1