Feedback / Idea Speed & Loading Reports

How's the site running for you right now?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How is the site running for you?

• Good!
    • Bad!

8 hours ago, Paulypeeps said:

I am now getting a Cloudflare message checking (in some not obvious way) that I am human that takes a few seconds every time I launch a new page. This is new.

Same. Do I need to back up all links?

Testing some different options to see what helps with speed. Please keep the updates coming on when things are better or worse. 

From my side everything is running as normal right now.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

Having to log in to even view the website and the chatbox no longer being on the front page. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Having to log on to view the website isn't going to help grow the member base. If I have to log on to view a site, I will just go elsewhere. I'm not going to sign up to a site I don't know I will like.

The chatbox is already quiet, hiding it behind https://peefans.com/chatbox/room/1-live-chat/ might be the nail in the coffin.

I'm not sure if these changes are intentional but I wanted to throw in my two cents.

• Agree 1

None of these changes are intended to be permanent, but they seemed better than the alternative of the site not loading at all. Still working on it and will try to find something better.

• Thanks 3

I'll echo that I spent a long while lurking and silently browsing the site as an anonymous viewer before I eventually got brave enough to sign up.   And there's no way I'd be registering to sign up to a site like this without such a 'taster' beforehand.

But... That said...    As a member I have from time to time worried about some of the content I've posted in the areas of the site which were open to view by anyone without membership.  Have I written about a real world encounter, or perhaps an event I'm involved in,  which someone browsing the net could actually recognise and then deduce my real world identity?  It's possible, especially if a search engine were to throw it up in search results.

And if these measures do prevent the painful bots then I guess it's one of those Catch-22 situations. 

From a moderator perspective, not having to deal with the bots is wonderful.   Having people signing up before seeing content will perhaps increase workload of those wanting accounts deleted shortly after joining.

And livechat missing from the front page...   a minor inconvenience to me (as someone who already knows it exists.  But quite a lot of members already say they forget it's there.  Even more likely if it's not on the homepage.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, gldenwetgoose said:

But... That said...    As a member I have from time to time worried about some of the content I've posted in the areas of the site which were open to view by anyone without membership.  Have I written about a real world encounter, or perhaps an event I'm involved in,  which someone browsing the net could actually recognise and then deduce my real world identity?  It's possible, especially if a search engine were to throw it up in search results.

I totally agree with this ^^^.  Is there a way to mask usernames and details from the unregistered?  Maybe just initials or a number?

As someone who has administered websites before, I suggest that all new users have their emails verified with a random code sent to their email and requiring their password (and possibly also a human verification test/or a question to complete this step) before any posting is allowed (being a registered user for a couple years, I don't remeber if email verification was required - Also, if you are doing this step with existing users, be sure to warn them, because some may have lost access to their registration email.)

@Admin You do a great job with the site!

• Love 1

Hi! Thanks for all the QOL updates Admin. I see your hardwork in making the site better for us. 

Just wanted to say it looks like the chat box is broken. I'm on mobile and using the pop up chat. 

Working great now.  I note that the items I viewed at the time of my previous post have showed up as new today (instead of having been marked as read), but the site is running fast now.

This morning, maybe 8:20UK time, the site went through a mini-outage.   Cloudflare error 524 timeout page showing.

I came back to the site maybe 15-20 minutes later and it seems to be working fine again.

• Agree 3

I don't really like the new search limitations. Some of my favorite content appears several pages back and having to wait a minute between each page click or search term is very limiting. 

• Agree 1