Do you think ghosts are real?

For a short time way back in the early days of this forum, @Admin posed some questions of the day which have recently been bumped, triggering some interesting conversation.

I like that idea but cannot guarantee having the time to commit to a question of the day and would too soon run out of fresh topics if I did.

But I might try a Question of the Week. And see how it pans out.

So here is this week's.....

Do you think ghosts are real?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

My own view is that ghosts are real phenomenon.

But there are two main kinds.

Non sentient ghosts which are just images caught within a building which replay. What you are seeing is a kind of etherial "recording" of something that happened in the past.

But I think there are also intelligent ghosts, which are actually spiritual entities, the souls of dead people who for some reason usually related to trauma of some kind, remain fixed in our world, either unable or unwilling to move on.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, steve25805 said:

My own view is that ghosts are real phenomenon.

But there are two main kinds.

Non sentient ghosts which are just images caught within a building which replay. What you are seeing is a kind of etherial "recording" of something that happened in the past.

But I think there are also intelligent ghosts, which are actually spiritual entities, the souls of dead people who for some reason usually related to trauma of some kind, remain fixed in our world, either unable or unwilling to move on.

Absolutely true

Your analisys is perfect

The work of the Witch (the main, real one) is to cuddle ghosts to help them move on

This is why the Great Dead (the Ascended Masters) help us in our lives: to have less human problems and focus on the Occult

The Gods are active maninly in the deep sections of the Spiritual World

They battle demons and remove Spam from the Collective Unconscious

The Great Dead answers to summoning and help people in daily matters

They are souls of great sorcerers and Witches that surpassed the cycle of Death&Rebirth

We Witches exorcise bad ghosts, cuddle confused ones, and worship ancient and mighty and noble ones...

Necromancy… is the real core of our Path… that's why we cannot have children (though we ADORE them): we live for DEATH

Edited by spywareonya
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I absolutely believe in ghosts and or spirits. I believe that my grandma and uncle watch over my son who is turning 1 years old shortly

A friend of my wife was over one day, she(wifes friend) is taking classes in being a medium. She seen my uncle who passed away when he was just 18 years old. He passed away 45 years ago. She described him to a tee, afterwards we showed her a picture of him. She said he is around keeping an eye on my little boy 

• Haha 1
  • Love 2

I don't believe in ghosts, ESP, psychics, fortune tellers, or anything paranormal.  I live in the real world and believe in science. 

Many so-called psychics have been exposed as frauds.  They're just con artists that steal people's money and give them false hope.

The last time I checked there was no scientific evidence to support anything in the paranormal.  James Randi and Skeptic Magazine are great sources for revealing the truth on this topic.

Edited by 2prnot2p

I personally believe in ghosts since I have had an experience of them on two occasions.

1st one I was away with my ex and her parents on holiday in this really old house, which was deep in the countryside (in a town that didn't have any street lights on at night). I woke up in the middle of the night and saw what can only be described as a  dark figure / a darker shade of dark at the end of the bed. I thought it might have been my ex's father though I didn't ask coz I thought he might have been looking for the toilet. I thought nothing of it and then went back to sleep. In the morning I then spoke to my ex and her parents and described what I saw. Her father and my ex said they also saw the same thing (her mum slept through the whole event and didn't see anything) but the dad thought it was me and my ex thought it was her dad. When we chatted about it and discovered that it wasn't any of us we came to the conclusion that we had seen a ghost. When we were leaving we had a chat with the owners of the holiday house and they confirmed that the house was haunted as other people had also experienced the same thing. The owners also said that someone had died in the house about 100 years ago.

2nd one with this experience, whist I and the people I was with didn't see a ghost something strange did happen. I used volunteer at night with a project that helped to ensure people who had been out on a night out got home safe by assisting them to taxis or other public transport. Anyway the building we were based in was the town hall for the city which was really old. At the end of the night we were walking to go out of the building and when we came to an internal security door (one that needed a key card to open) the door was already wide open. We all asked each other and said did anyone prop the door open as it was the kind of door where it closed if you didn't prop it open. We all said no and then as we were leaving we asked security and they said they handn't been down there as they saw no need to since we were based at that end of the building. They then said xx (can't remember the name they gave to the ghost) had probably opened the door. The building also used to have cells in it as an extension of the old police station and security said that a former prisoner had died in one of the cells.

Before these experiences I was open mined about the existence of ghosts.

I appreciate that some people will try to come up with a logical explanation for my experiences and the 2nd one would be easier to do that with. But with the 1st one that would be slightly harder in my opinion. As we all saw the same thing albeit not at the same time and we weren't asleep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

@lovestoseepee

@speedy3471

Ghosts are real

About their scientifical explaination, it is a bit complicated

Scientists studying these things works in secrecy for Governments and divulge these things only to restricted groups of people

A ghost is a disembodied soul

A soul is a quantistical being that does in&out from bodies

A ball of electricity housed in a pocket of Space and Time instead that in the soft wet matter of our brain, that operates as a router while we are alive, and allows the soul to use the body as a proxy to make experiences

When the body dies, the souls trashes the proxy and wait for another one

This is the ULTRA-simplicistic explaination

This is so much like what I have always thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
10 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

This is so much like what I have always thought.

You (like EVERYBODY) ARE a soul thus is not strange that, given your unnatural sensitivity, you grasped some of these things… since they are actually about EVERYONE of us!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

Some humans seem to be hard-wired to believe in superstition.  So, in a way, our species hasn't evolved beyond the stone age. 

Superstition is an innocent way of people to express their inner archetypes imagining them to be real

Is a healthy process of the mind

For sure, one should be careful about REALLY believe them!!!

But some things are real and are scientifically explainable, they are not a projected imagination, is just that they are not divulged to everybody!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I think not..Or how come we dont see literally MILLIONS of ghosts everywhere?

If you think of it,before you were here,wherever you are,over thousands of years millions of people lived and died.Why isnt everywhere haunted?

How come the only ghosts we hear of seem to be only Victorian era,or maybe Tudor period?Why around Europe on the D-Day beaches dont we hear of the thousands of ghosts of the 5000 men killed there?

Why dont we hear of Viking era ghosts,or Stone age ghosts,from 10000 years ago,that might haunt the caves where they lived?

Im not cynical about this,but ghosts dont make sense.How come they only seem to be at old stately homes for example?Or why arent Hospitals literally swarming with ghosts,considering thats where a lot of people die?Do you,when you die get a choice where you will haunt,or is it the spot where you die?

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, F.W said:

If you think of it,before you were here,wherever you are,over thousands of years millions of people lived and died.Why isnt everywhere haunted?

How come the only ghosts we hear of seem to be only Victorian era,or maybe Tudor period?Why around Europe on the D-Day beaches dont we hear of the thousands of ghosts of the 5000 men killed there?

Why dont we hear of Viking era ghosts,or Stone age ghosts,from 10000 years ago,that might haunt the caves where they lived?

Im not cynical about this,but ghosts dont make sense.How come they only seem to be at old stately homes for example?Or why arent Hospitals literally swarming with ghosts,considering thats where a lot of people die?Do you,when you die get a choice where you will haunt,or is it the spot where you die?

Thank you, F.W!  Finally someone here has sense!  Your point is a valid one.  The reason you don't see thousands of ghosts is because they don't exist.  Neither does anything else in the paranormal realm, including spirits, ESP, or aliens in spacecraft.  I'd include gods in the list too.  It's all bunk!

7 hours ago, F.W said:

Fanny, I am not the kind of person to try to convince Others but many of things you believe about ghost are not real not even for those who believe

Just for infos, ok, you should consider souls to bodies, like hands to a muppet

There are more than 3 dimensions in this universe and just like an hypothetical character of a comic won't see you that read the very journal, we can't see entities in 4 dimensions

Souls are 4-dimensionals, and we cannot see them: when we die, the soul retreat like a hand retreating from a puppet because the show is ended

A ghost is simply a hand that had remained for a while clogged in the box where the muppet show was going on

The reasons you don't see them is because there are not that many, after Death souls retreat from the box, just like when you close a journal and light doesn't hit the pages anymore: for the comic character it's all over, for you, you just put down the little world of the journal but your own universe, the one you share with me, still exists and you are still there

Bodies and souls are in the same relation

And anyway, to see a ghost requires a brain trained into that. If somebody claims to have seen a ghost 99% of chances is an involuntary lie, and a matter of suggestion, for it CAN happen for ghosts to be seen by the naked eye, but usually only trained occultists can see them, and even in the case, we don't exactly "see" them, we "sense" them

These are just infos, not trying to convince you into anything

But believe a friend: the world is much wider and more complex that what can be understood by people lacking some scientifical secret informations. No matter how smart people can be (I consider you EXTREMELY smart): it's a matter of knowledge, 2prnot2p is right about

And knowledge is kept away from people, I had to put my life in danger to get simple shards of it

A kiss...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

As i said,im not cynical about ghosts,id like to think that perhaps we do live on in some form,but ive never seen evidence.

Like why do so many ghosts seem to be connected with old Tudor manors?Just about every 16th century house in Britain seems to have a "grey lady" or something?

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

I can't even believe we're having this discussion here in 2019.  Do you people believe in blood letting for illness too?  How about the idea that tomatoes are poisonous?   Folks believed that too, once upon a time.  Walking under a ladder will bring you bad luck?  How 'bout that one?  Jeez!  Oh, and let's not forget about cats sucking the breath out of babies, leaving them dead in their cribs.  C'mon people!  I'm so disappointed that one person in particular struck me as a scientific fellow, only to learn he's among the dumb.

I swear, if/when I see that someone here believes in vampires...I will leave.  LOL!  No, wait a second...maybe our resident witch believes that crap too!  LMAO! 🤣

On 4/7/2019 at 5:44 PM, 2prnot2p said:

Some humans seem to be hard-wired to believe in superstition.  So, in a way, our species hasn't evolved beyond the stone age. 

I HAVE EVOLVED!  NOT MANY OF YOU HERE HAVE, SADLY!

Edited by 2prnot2p
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, 2prnot2p said:

maybe our resident witch believes that crap too! 

Ahahahha sleep serene, I don't!!!

I understand you hate moron-believers but you are getting angry at something you simply do not know well enough (like similarities between the soul and Quantum Artificial Intelligence which are studied at the present by the DARPA)

Plese, differentiate between lies (which you are correct about debunking and despising) and things you simply misunderstand

And remember that beside we disagree on this subject, I still consider you a good person and a trusted friend, because we Witches judges PEOPLE, not actions, and I think you are extremely good-hearted, thus I consider you a friend

So please chill out

A kiss

Edited by spywareonya
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, 2prnot2p said:

I HAVE EVOLVED!  NOT MANY OF YOU HERE HAVE, SADLY!

Why the anger because some people believe in stuff that you don't? Why not just move on by without comment and leave them to it? It is not worth getting all shouty and ranting about.

You are not merely an ultra-rationalist, but you are being evangelical about it and therefore appear to be angered that others don't see it your way.

I am fine with you not believing in any of it. I think we all are. Can't you just adopt the same live and let live attitude towards the beliefs of others instead of growing angry and evangelical?

What difference does it make to you if people believe in ghosts or not? Or witchcraft? Or Gods? It is not rational for you to get so stressed about it.

If I thought as you do, I'd make my post saying that I didn't believe and why, then just leave it to those who do. There is nothing to be gained by you allowing yourself to be wound up by the beliefs of others.

Freedom of conscience, freedom of thought, freedom of faith, and freedom of the mind matters. No one should be telling anybody else what they should and should not believe in, or get angry with them when they don't think the same way.

• Agree 1
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:09 AM, 2prnot2p said:

I don't believe in ghosts, ESP, psychics, fortune tellers, or anything paranormal.  I live in the real world and believe in science. 

Many so-called psychics have been exposed as frauds.  They're just con artists that steal people's money and give them false hope.

The last time I checked there was no scientific evidence to support anything in the paranormal.  James Randi and Skeptic Magazine are great sources for revealing the truth on this topic.

This guy is an evangelical sceptic with often extremist views, who is very effective against the numerous paranormal fraudsters out there but who is less "honest" when he encounters something more real.

He does in fact have a highly sceptical agenda and as such seeks to force the evidence to fit his conclusions rather than drawing conclusions from the evidence. Investigators of any kind with a pre-set conclusion and agenda and total absence of an open mind are always slightly dodgy.

This article provides a well rounded description of the guy.....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11270453/James-Randi-debunking-the-king-of-the-debunkers.html

26 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

Why the anger because some people believe in stuff that you don't? Why not just move on by without comment and leave them to it? It is not worth getting all shouty and ranting about.

You are not merely an ultra-rationalist, but you are being evangelical about it and therefore appear to be angered that others don't see it your way.

I am fine with you not believing in any of it. I think we all are. Can't you just adopt the same live and let live attitude towards the beliefs of others instead of growing angry and evangelical?

What difference does it make to you if people believe in ghosts or not? Or witchcraft? Or Gods? It is not rational for you to get so stressed about it.

If I thought as you do, I'd make my post saying that I didn't believe and why, then just leave it to those who do. There is nothing to be gained by you allowing yourself to be wound up by the beliefs of others.

Freedom of conscience, freedom of thought, freedom of faith, and freedom of the mind matters. No one should be telling anybody else what they should and should not believe in, or get angry with them when they don't think the same way.

I would like to add this

I have studied the way the mind works and I can understand why some people hate the occult. But usually is because they hate moron-believers.

Putting the studies of scientists in the most secret military labs about the Boltzmann Brains (disembodied quantistic intelligencies, like the soul) at peer level with fear of black cats shows that 2prnot2p fears we are moron-believers, in which case I would be terrified myself and ran away shouting just like him

I would love to cuddle him into understanding we are not like that, and we can still be all friends

I don't take offense for this line

13 hours ago, 2prnot2p said:

maybe our resident witch believes that crap too!

because during my deepest crisis I said much worse against beloved ones, delirium tremens is a bad bitch, and I Always forgive aggressiveness since 2prnot2p is NOT an enemy and thus is only a temporarily puzzled and angry FRIEND

But I hope one day he will understand that some things are simply kept hidden

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I am amazed

How can you PROVE that something doesn't exist?

I mean...

You simply eliminated a possibility

How can you be sure a multi-dimensional alien, able at creating universes just like a programmer creates a videogame, did not created ghost just to make you angry in April 2019, foreseeing your Birth and the development of your character?

Everything is possible if you possess enough joules and know how to shamble quantistic particles… let's say that not everything actually happened… but NOTHING is impossible

I really think somebody here knows very little about true Science

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, 2prnot2p said:

Don't trust James Randi? 

No I don't.

Because he is not an independent-minded investigator.

Instead he has an agenda in pursuit of a cause.

Such people tend to try and make the facts fit the conclusion rather than the other way round.

And as a former climate change sceptic in spite of all the evidence for man made climate change, I don't fully trust his scientific reasoning either. 

He seems to have a set of beliefs he holds dear and seeks to find or mould facts to support those beliefs, rather than remain scientifically or investigatorily impartial.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1