The awesome grandeur of nature

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you both of you @speedy3471 & @Sophie.  Looking at the small images here, the stars are too small to stand out and so the pictures just look like black rectangles.

It's only when enlarged that you start to see any detail.  Hence when I exported them from Lightroom I kept the image file sizes at original sized, the full camera resolution.  I'm sure Speedy you'll see much better sights in your own backyard - we're a tiny island and so there's always someone else's light pollution in the way as you can see reflecting off the clouds.

One day I will see the Aurora...

• Like 1

This is Jupiter - the largest planet in the solar system - and the comparative sizes of it's four largest moons - Callisto, Ganymede, Europa, and Io. The largest of the four - Ganymede - is the largest moon in the entire solar system, larger than the planet Mercury, though it only has half the mass of Mercury which has a much higher iron content and much less ice. The reddish yellow moon Io is the most volcanically active body in the solar system.....

1.thumb.jpg.0330ecc0ff8ce787ee36260c8b9b9fa0.jpg

• Love 1

As we get older we may forget some of the wonder up in the skies and take it for granted. But who amongst us has never looked up in the sky and wondered at the full moon? It is worth remembering some of the awe we felt as we gazed upon it.....

1.thumb.jpg.eb90490127c14e721c7c7cb1224b6139.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 7:07 AM, steve25805 said:

As we get older we may forget some of the wonder up in the skies and take it for granted. But who amongst us has never looked up in the sky and wondered at the full moon? It is worth remembering some of the awe we felt as we gazed upon it.....

1.thumb.jpg.eb90490127c14e721c7c7cb1224b6139.jpg

Seeing a beautiful full moon this morning I was reminded of @steve25805's photo earlier in this thread, and of my attempt a few months ago to capture the beauty of the moon with my camera, lensless, attached to a bird-watching telescope. It's not as good as the photo Steve posted - some vibration blur is noticeable here (and I'm not sure I got the focus spot on anyway). It's a pity the image stabilization on my camera is actually in the lenses, not the camera itself. This was my best effort. No colour correction.

Moon.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • 1 month later...