Click here to remove ads
Sunshine108

Your passion

GOLD members get unlimited conversations, 5 additional themes, access to The Lounge and MUCH more...

Click HERE to become a gold member today!

Hi everyone! Just want to know, what is your passion?

My passion: aviation...

And you?

Sunshine 108 ,

my passion I suppose is to see restored vehicles , ships and that of aircraft as well. that served in my Country's Defense . In the wars America . Had fought in . In defending others from tryanny . From W.W.ii to Korea , to Vietnam . To today in the Mid - East.

In preserving Histroic military vehicles . That helped our nation defend peace and in winning the wars we had fought in.

I do agree with your choices of aircraft . Though wish to add a few more to that list . Such as the P - 38 Lightning , The P - 47 Thunderbolt , The B-17 Flying Fortress ,The B- 24 Liberator , The b-25 Mitchell, The B - 26 Marauder , The B- 29 Super Fortress , The Lancaster , The Mosquito , The Hawker Hurricane . To name a few more aircraft that flew from 1940 - 1954 . Though there are other notably aircraft that should be added to that list as well. In what they were designed to do .

I agree, there is a lot af airplanes that defended North America during the WW2. We could name a lot more! But my goal is to know what is your passion... I love airplanes, and I love flying.

And what is YOUR passion? Cooking, hunting, fishing, old cars, boats, music????

World War 2 and the related topic of the Third Reich have long interested me. But I have an interest in history in general.

• Like 1

I agree, there is a lot af airplanes that defended North America during the WW2. We could name a lot more! But my goal is to know what is your passion... I love airplanes, and I love flying.

And what is YOUR passion? Cooking, hunting, fishing, old cars, boats, music????

my passion is seeing these vehicles , planes , ships & tanks restored in preserving the history . That these machines her did. Seeing them start up & move under their own power again. P - 38's being restored to flying again & to see them also to start up & take off.

I also have a passion to hear these machines run. As they were so powerful

Like Steve 25805 , mentioned above . I have a passion for History as well. in what I like ..

• Like 1

Writing and languages (fluent in four, somehwat versed in six more), archery, farming and Schwarzenegger movies. I know, I know, this seems completely random. And I guess it is. Welcome to my world :laugh:

I loved some of those Schwarzenegger movies. Total Recall was one of my favourites, and then of course the classic Terminator movies.

Wish I was good with languages. A little German and that's about it for me.

Ok, other passions aside from history for me include politics, an adult war game I play, driving, true crime, and cosmology.

I love reading about the cosmos, and get real excited every time a space probe reaches a new destination. The biggy recently was the New Horizons probe reaching Pluto and sending back awesome pics.

• Like 1

@steve25805 The Terminator movies are a special interest of mine, I could nerdgirl hard about Terminator lore and tell you why the third and fourth movies should better be forgotten, the fifth though is okay :biggrin:

Cosmology is interesting. I like reading about that and somehow mourn that I never got to study that stuff. A reason why I'm so into into languages is communication. I have a deep believe that humanity just has to understand each other to get along. I admire space exyploration because it only works if all nations work together and it's an achievement mankind can be proud of, unlike most of the other crap they pull off.

Nice :)

Jane Doe ,

Are you a fan of Star Trek ?

As I have been a fan of that TV series ever since it first aired. That i too believe that mankind can achieve deep space exploration . That of what the Producer Gene Roddenberry , wanted to set an example for . in that all people here on Earth should ban together to eventually help explore what's out there . That might help us here . To expand our knowledge of who we areas a species . That of being mamals too .

i do also like the Terminator movies as well. As it's a possibility of that being in the future . Should we all not learn to live as one and help one another.

Would like to discuss more about your interests in these movies with you some time .

Kevin

Piano

I've been playing for over 20 years now :)

• Like 2

Piano

I've been playing for over 20 years now :)

Sophie ,

Way To Go Girl :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Enjoy playing the piano . To your Heart's content . As it's so fun as well as pleasing to the ear . in listening to the music being played on it

• Like 1

Most nature kind of "ologies",i like,plus history,bit of a bibliophile too,i like those old rare books,that are first editions etc.I once had a good collection of US Army insignia,shoulder patches etc.

• Like 3

Where do I start, lol

Computers, building them to order.

Internet Security, building and maintaining firewalls, installing them as well.

My PS4 and the 10 or so games I'm into at this time.

Love a good movie, snuggled up on the couch, or watching an epic sunset, walking in the forest with my ladies.

As you can tell, I have way too much free time.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Still new here so apologies if I'm barging on a conversation but as far as my passions go it firstly has to be sport, watching that is. Football (soccer, although I do love American football as well) is a huge passion for me. I have a sports journalism degree and even though I'm 31 haven't yet given up the hope of a lucky break in that field. I find it fascinating how one game can evoke so many emotions and different opinions. Horse racing has been a huge part of my life for a long time but that's a tale for another day!

Strangely enough, I also have an interest in aviation. At one stage had plans to become a pilot but chose the literary route instead. I do however still have an interest and have spent many an hour on flight sim as well as a good few hours having a pint (or five) watching the traffic at a pub not far from me which is sat right at the end of the runway at Manchester airport. Two daily A380 flights operate out of Manchester and the pub is that close to the runway the wings of the A380 stretch to the edge of the beer garden walls.

• Like 1

Then there are other classics too[ATTACH=full]74688[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]74689[/ATTACH]

Very nice old cars, love it!

My passion is to see / help restore Military vehicles , ships and aircraft . From W.W.II onwards . To help preserve Historic items . That made the U.S.A. great .

That of also preserving the memory of those that had fought and have died in defending this nation of ours . In protecting the rights of Freedom . We all have in the U.S. and the Free world as well .

57eb6612227bb_AMER.ARMYHalftrack.jpg.18cfb3a578ab34c7deca877bdee2ca6a.jpg

57eb661224e83_B-29FIFI.jpg.1b06591ca9e378d26c47f980fb4b42ab.jpg

57eb66122878e_FlightofP-38s2.jpg.1f2b7436e6149310476f138a2f942cf3.jpg

• Like 3

I would like to own something like this ;

That of a M4A3E8 Sherman tank . Though it's pretty expensive and hard to get parts for . So I just dream of owning / restoring something like those 2 vehicles are . In remembrance of those who had actually had used them in battle .

To serve as a reminder for all. Wha it had taked . To preserve our Freedom we all now enjoy in.

That's My Passion. To not forget the scarfice . That those who have served and are serving . Should all be remembered .

57eb66129ce24_AMER.ARMYHalftrack.jpg.8f8c04943a72183eb8920c8ab47f14c3.jpg

TankshermanM4.jpg.507da34d8b766dcce67db9d5ba50ba1e.jpg

• Like 1