On 8/28/2024 at 4:36 AM, bellaneedstotinkle said:

Anyone else into chamber pots? I love the idea of peeing desperately into a chamber pot, or waking up needing to piss and peeing into a chamber pot? I'm planning on getting one like the ones pictured once I'm living alone. Do any of you have one?

Screenshot_20240827_232905_Tumblr.jpg

Screenshot_20240827_232836_Tumblr.jpg

I have often thought it would be good to have one just to be able to pee in my room . I would probably buy a patterned one. The fact of being able to piss in one so easily is a big attraction 

• Agree 1
On 8/27/2024 at 11:36 PM, bellaneedstotinkle said:

Anyone else into chamber pots? I love the idea of peeing desperately into a chamber pot, or waking up needing to piss and peeing into a chamber pot? I'm planning on getting one like the ones pictured once I'm living alone. Do any of you have one?

I would love to use one just to pee in but enjoying the sound of the tinkle would be so fun.  I might get one as well once I have my own place

I am always surprised how decorative they made them, when visitors would always have known what they were for. Doesn't seem like a decorator piece that one would have on display, but rather under a bed. Maybe it showed style and class to have a nice looking one.

I remember they were quite common in farm houses without indoor toilets in the USA (indoor toilets actually came after indoor water for sinks and cooking.).

Seems very helpful in Northern climates with long, cold nights.

If a host asked me to use one overnight, instead of their toilet or outhouse. I'd surely take advantage for the experience.

On 8/27/2024 at 10:36 PM, bellaneedstotinkle said:

You're making me want one now. But to be on the safe side, I'd better order a pot that is deeper and bigger for those middle of the night pisses. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Hot 2
On 9/1/2024 at 12:50 PM, DoctorDoctor said:

I am always surprised how decorative they made them, when visitors would always have known what they were for. Doesn't seem like a decorator piece that one would have on display, but rather under a bed. Maybe it showed style and class to have a nice looking one.

I'd think that they were decorative just to "soften" the very non-pretty, unromantic (to most) truth that they were pee jugs (or occasionally containers for more than that). I also don't know if chamber pots intended for use by ladies were more ornately decorative than ones intended for use by men, but if they were, then this would also be a reflection of Victorian women needing to maintain the image of delicate femininity at all times.

• Like 1