Has anyone seen peeing in the Olympics?

There was a famous clip of a weightlifter having a bladder accident while lifting weights, but apart from those, has anyone caught any peeing in the Olympics?

It's well known that olympic swimmers pee in the pool, surely some must've been obvious about it. Also there's the possibility of sneaky pees in, well, any competition.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Foobar said:

There was a famous clip of a weightlifter having a bladder accident while lifting weights, but apart from those, has anyone caught any peeing in the Olympics?

It's well known that olympic swimmers pee in the pool, surely some must've been obvious about it. Also there's the possibility of sneaky pees in, well, any competition.

What I remember in terms of peeing and sports was a gymnast who released a spurt up in the air while doing a backflip. There was a photo that went viral as a meme with "Ooh la la" written over it. I don't recall if it was during the Olympics or not.

1 hour ago, Carb0nBased said:

There was a photo that went viral as a meme with "Ooh la la" written over i

Aren't professional gymnasts a tad young?

I was watching the Olympic surfing this morning, held in Tahiti. Surely there was lots of peeing in those wetsuits. The support boats had no toilets so they would have had to be creative. But I did not spot anything obvious. Those buff water polo boys may have added to the swimming pool water levels tonight too. A girl can dream…💚

• Like 2
  • Cheeky 1
  • Agree 1

Listening to the radio this morning and they quoted an unnamed two time olympic medalist in the swimming who said that there wasn't a single competition pool that she hadn't peed in 😃

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, martan1258 said:

I have not seen any athletes, but many of the visitors will piss everywhere, especially when they see local habits 😄 

I notice men get all the blame, and at 2:30-2:40 they blame men for a perfectly round puddle in the middle of a pavement.

Now I may be wrong, but I'm sort of thinking most guys would have peed onto the wall...?  or at least peed an arc and left a longer shaped wet area?   Could be wrong of course.

• Agree 4

The WSJ published an article on opening day of the games that kind of read like a Peefans post. Titled: The Dirty Secret of Olympic Swimming: Everyone Pees in the Pool. 

It did quote the Olympian who claimed hasn’t been a pool she swam in that she didn’t pee in, as well as pee etiquette in the pool. 

Also described what happens pre race when nature calls: “The pool isn’t the only place at a swim meet that turns into an impromptu bathroom. Because swimmers must report to the ready room 15 minutes before their race, they are left with two dismal options if the urge strikes: hold it in or let it out right onto your towel or straight onto the deck.”

maybe the WSJ writer is a member here

• Like 1
  • Hot 2