Becoming a writer

Colormerose

So this is not the first time I have been approached about the idea of me becoming a writer. This time my hubby suggested I maybe do some short story like novellas that would include the pee fetish. Now if I were to do that, and also regular erotica stories I need advice.

would you use a pen name? 

would you use two different pen names for other erotica vs pee kink erotica? 

based on my other writings or posts could this be something I could really do and get somewhere with? 

would anyone even be into the idea of buying some pee kink related erotica novellas? 

what are maybe some ideas you would have in wanting too look for a book that had that in it? 

just trying to get all of your ideas and what you think. 

Maybe an idea is to publish it digital. It's Possible some people will find it harder buying a hardcopy.  Plus, digital publishing can be done for free, or at least pretty cheap, so you don't have an excuse for not trying.

And I would definitely keep the same name. I mean, it's all erotica. It just makes finding other books of yours easier.

Yeah, go for it!

Try Lulu.com It allows you to sell as E-book as well as in print, and you can have ISBN numbers so that you will be available in bookshops too.

It is probably best to use different pen names for different genre, that way anyone seeing your 'name' will know what they are getting. A good example of this is J.K Rowling (Wizards) versus Robert Galbraith (Crime). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 2:21 PM, Colormerose said:

So this is not the first time I have been approached about the idea of me becoming a writer. This time my hubby suggested I maybe do some short story like novellas that would include the pee fetish. Now if I were to do that, and also regular erotica stories I need advice.

based on my other writings or posts could this be something I could really do and get somewhere with? 

would anyone even be into the idea of buying some pee kink related erotica novellas? 

what are maybe some ideas you would have in wanting too look for a book that had that in it? 

Yes, always use a pen name. It helps you protect your identity and it allows you to posts different types of stories.

You should use a different pen name for each type of trope or kink you want to write about.

You never know until you try. Put together a story and self publish. Get an account at https://www.draft2digital.com/ they post to multiple online retailers. With a pee kink story, I suspect that it will only get published to smashwords.

There are lots of great resources out there to help a person become a self-published author.

Let us know if you end up writing a story and posting it for sale.

Thanks

1 hour ago, thanks1972 said:

Yes, always use a pen name. It helps you protect your identity and it allows you to posts different types of stories.

You should use a different pen name for each type of trope or kink you want to write about.

You never know until you try. Put together a story and self publish. Get an account at https://www.draft2digital.com/ they post to multiple online retailers. With a pee kink story, I suspect that it will only get published to smashwords.

There are lots of great resources out there to help a person become a self-published author.

Let us know if you end up writing a story and posting it for sale.

Thanks

Thank you I'll keep all that in mind. I'm thinking I kinda want to try on Amazon to sell. Can you sell on smashwords? 

Bad idea to sell pee kink erotica on Amazon.

Different pen name for pee erotica and regular erotica? 

Does it show your copyright as your real name though? 

8 minutes ago, Colormerose said:

Thank you I'll keep all that in mind. I'm thinking I kinda want to try on Amazon to sell. Can you sell on smashwords? 

Bad idea to sell pee kink erotica on Amazon.

Different pen name for pee erotica and regular erotica? 

Does it show your copyright as your real name though? 

I just did a quick search on Amazon and it appears they do allow piss kink content. If you get a following you stand to make more money on Amazon rather than Smashwords.

Yes, you can make pretty good money on smashwords.

No, the copyright information is linked to your pen name. Places like Amazon or D2D would know what your real name is for tax purposes but no one else would.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, thanks1972 said:

I just did a quick search on Amazon and it appears they do allow piss kink content. If you get a following you stand to make more money on Amazon rather than Smashwords.

Yes, you can make pretty good money on smashwords.

No, the copyright information is linked to your pen name. Places like Amazon or D2D would know what your real name is for tax purposes but no one else would.

wow so there is. ok so Amazon is ok then. that was kind of my plan. should I do two different pen names for pee erotica vs regular erotica? or do you think It will be ok to just allow it a more open following with people. 

Funnily enough, I asked her for some of her stories on another site because I don't like how Amazon spies on us. Apparently she had to agree to publish that story exclusively on Amazon, and nowhere else. Pretty sure such a clause is illegal, but it's litigating it in court that's the problem. 

On 10/16/2023 at 9:21 PM, Colormerose said:

The thing to bear in mind firstly is that if you were to post erotica under your own name, your own friends and relatives could potentially read it and know it is your work. So I would advise a pen name unless you are happy with the possibility of your nearest and dearest knowing some of your erotic imaginings. This might be particularly the case if your erotica includes fetish material like for example peeing. It is after all a minority interest with many narrowminds out there who find anything to do with peeing disgusting. Adopting an anonymous pen name protects your real identity from any potential negativity.

Amazon does sell pee-related mini novels though rarely for much more than a couple of quid and sometimes just pence. Most seem to be authored by people using obvious pen names. So there must be a market for it out there but the money to be made is probably not great when they are sold so cheaply. But that would be my suggestion for the best place to start, to dip your toe in so to speak and see how it goes. Some of the authors seem to adopt pen names which obviously signpost the fetish they are writing about. Cant remember any of them off the top of my head, but it tends to be names like Amber Raynes, and stuff like that. But such a name would be unhelpful if your were writing non-pee fetish erotica.

That is the only potentially useful advice I can think of giving really.

• Like 1