Does anyone dump piss in the yard?

6 hours ago, Johnboy777 said:

As for dumping a large amount in the yard, probably once or twice. But when it comes to an everyday pee in the yard,...well, I'm a man, need I say more?

… you think that having a dick means you can treat the world as your urinal, so your garden benefits from the warm yellow rain straight from the source?

• Hot 1
6 hours ago, oliver2 said:

… you think that having a dick means you can treat the world as your urinal, so your garden benefits from the warm yellow rain straight from the source?

6 hours ago, oliver2 said:

Affirmative.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Hot 1

I don't dump piss in my garden, but I do pee in my garden and I have used the same spots quite regularly.   The only time there has been any smell is when I peed on concrete behind the shed a few times and it didn't rain for a few weeks.   Normally it is not an issue.

I do have a caravan which is sited in one location and my wife and I use the toilet in there in the evenings, overnight and in the mornings.   We tend to stay there for two nights at a time, 2 to 3 weekends a month, so quite a lot of pee in the toilet tank.   When we leave, I dump the contents on the bushes behind and they are flourishing and no smell.

2 minutes ago, oliver2 said:

Oh you totally do 😉 - directly, and from a container when you drain piss from the caravan toilet!

Yeah, I guess I do (and quite often) just in the garden I don't save it up in a container first and dump a large amount in one go.

@Peelover96, to come back to the second part of your question: Depends on circumstances, but if you pour the piss on soil, it is not very likely to smell or cause harm to plants until you reach sizeable quantities. There have been times when I peed on the same spot under the bushes almost every day for weeks, and the bush just flourished like in Alfresco's experience. If you drench the same patch in concentrated morning pee and the plants are small, negative effects might be visible more quickly.

It will more likely harm potted plants if you pee in them, or if you pee on a plant's leaves if they are exposed to direct sunlight.

@Malika shared an example of a plant she had peed on:

The peeing on potted plants video thread contains some discussion on the subject of harming or not as well:

This plant for example has definitely already seen too much fertilizer - maybe through repeated dousing with piss?

grafik.thumb.png.c15386ff1fac269894ffb1d48f8d678d.png

Finally, here a thread where we have elaborated on the more scientific side of fertilizing plants with pee: