Hotel Towel Pee Questions

I keep reading about peeing in hotels. As I stay in hotels quite a lot (with my wife) it's an exciting prospect and I have already done a few things. But I see people mentioning using towels to clean up afterwards. I am a bit apprehensive and confused.

Obviously hotel towels are usually white. Pee is yellow. Doesn't it show up and make it obvious? Or do you just make sure it's very dilute? Or do you rinse with water afterwards to clear it a bit?

Some people have said put the towels in the corridor. But surely that means you have one (or two!) towels less in your room and won't that notice (pee towels in the corridor and absent towels in my room)?

My mind is also filled with possibilities - the towels could be used as a nappy (diaper)! That could be something my wife might do. Working on it hopefully.

Two things -

1. Be very hydrated and it takes the staining/smelling possibilities out

2. If you want to clean up (some like to just leave it cause they're naughty ;-)), use a towel to soak up the pee. If it smells more than you intended, dilute the carpet with fresh water then soak up with a towel. Rinse the towel in the shower, hang to dry outside.

Maybe u have some old towels at home that have to be replaced anyway.

U can use them at the hotel and trash them afterwards (or wash to use another time).

This way there is no need to be worried about damaged/dirty hotel property.

Please keep in mind that u can see a lot of possibilities, but your wife can see a lot of stress/brakes.

Above suggestion might be a solution if peeing on hotel property is a brake for her.

Unless you are dehydrated your urine should be a light yellow that will not show on the towel. If it does just rinse the towel in the shower. 

True story, though I didn't do this intentionally.  I was in a hotel and I woke up in the middle of the night with a painfully overfull bladder. This was surprising since I normally don't wake up at night to pee and here I needed to go very badly. Going back to sleep without emptying my bladder was out of the question.

So  i got up walked naked , half asleep into the bathroom peed for a long time and returned to bed and went to turn out the light and was shocked to realize I had not turned it on. How did I find the toilet in a strange room in total darkness.  Then coming full awake I remembered a strange splattering sound as I relived myself. I hadn't found the toilet. I just walked to the bathroom and let go totally unintentionally, peed all over the floor..  I returned to the bathroom and found a huge puddle of urine covering most of the bathtoom floor. Obviously my bladder was very full. It took all the provided towels except one i used to shower to mop up the mess. Except for the fact all the towels were totally saturated with perhaps a very slight smell of pee they couldn't tell anything had happened. 

I don't intentionally make a mess for someone to clean up.

• Like 1

In my experience, I keep my pee as diluted as possible and if I pee on hard surfaces such as the bathroom floor, then I simply wipe up the pee and leave the towel hanging to dry as much as possible and then before checkout or before the next room service, I chuck them in the bottom of the bath along with other towels.   I doubt that the cleaners inspect them, they just pick up the ball of towels and put them in the wash bag.  A couple of times, the towel was soaking wet and quite yellow.  In those cases I have rinsed them out before proceeding as above.

Once only, I have had to ditch towels because they were particularly dirty.  In that case, I had peed on the carpet, but in the morning the floor was still wet and I didn't want it to be discovered, so I used a towel to blot it up and then scrub it dry.   The towel got wet and yellow, but also got dirty from picking up dirt from the carpet (shows how dirty hotel carpets are).   I looked at it and decided that the towel was a right off.   So, I put it in a carrier bag and took it with me when I went out to work.  I ditched it in a public bin.  I also put my other wet/used towels in the bathtub as usual.   That evening, my towels had been replenished to the right number and nothing was said.  I presume the cleaner scooped up the towels in the bath and didn't count them, but just made up the room as normal.

You have to remember that the people who service hotel rooms have very little time allocated to each room and they don't waste time doing things they don't need to do (like inspecting and counting towels).  

Of course the other thing you can do is ask housekeeping for extra towels or as someone mentioned above, raid the housekeeping trolley.  

You could do what I did once, which was that I found a cleaning supplies cupboard was open, so I went in and found lots of towels on shelves.  I threw a couple on the floor in the cupboard and peed on them there.   They definitely would have been discovered as wet and pissy, but nobody would know who did it and nobody would be wasting time trying to find out either.

Yes you could take your own towels, but it really isn't necessary and it is far easier to use the hotel towels and let them take care of the laundry.

• Like 1

I always just planned on cleaning the towels in the bathtub/shower as soon as I was done, ringing them out, and then hanging them up to dry. There have been vacations I've been on where I've had to get other sticky/colorful things out of hotel towels before housekeeping arrived the next day and it's always worked for me.