Which famous person/celebrity would you want to be friends with?

People on this site are always asking who you would like to watch pee, who you would want to get peed on by, but I want to know who you would want to just be good pals with.

For me, I think it would have to be Lewis Capaldi, his music's a bit bland for my taste but he's probably the most down to earth celebrity out there and his sense of humour is very similar to mine.

• Like 2

Guy Martin

TUFZMTIzNjEyNzcz.jpg

Absolute legend, really knows his stuff when it comes to mechanics, takes great pride in his work, really funny and just a truly genuine person. What you see is what you get. He hasn't let his fame or status change him at all. He has raced in the Isle of Man TT, been on many TV shows etc etc and after all that, he still does his day job as a truck mechanic! I've met him a couple of times and I can't think of a nicer bloke.

Edited by Sophie
Added second video
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Sophie said:

Guy Martin

TUFZMTIzNjEyNzcz.jpg

Absolute legend, really knows his stuff when it comes to mechanics, takes great pride in his work, really funny and just a truly genuine person. What you see is what you get. He hasn't let his fame or status change him at all. He has raced in the Isle of Man TT, been on many TV shows etc etc and after all that, he still does his day job as a truck mechanic! I've met him a couple of times and I can't think of a nicer bloke.

And ... beautiful eyes 😍

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

I've been thinking hard about this one.   Some of my close friends on here will be getting sick of me namedropping, so I'm not going to quote specific examples.

But, it never ceases to amaze me about some of the 'pinch me to check I'm not dreaming' moments that come about pseudo-randomly.   Something approaching 15 years ago I started being a small time professional photographer, part time alongside my normal day job.   After a few years I found myself photographing a lot of live music for several specific bands and venues.   Now, one of those in particular has created some moments which don't ever cease to amaze me.  They're not necessarily situations I've engineered or fought for, just being in the right place.

It's very rare I get starstruck when photographing people - generally it's not in the context of their complete band, and so I don't always place who they are and what they've written, recorded or been involved with.  I will often find myself in conversation with them - very rarely about the music.   More often it'll be general stuff, and I like to think they appreciate a chat on that level - rather than me giving it the full hero worship thing.

What I'm rambling on about is nearly all the names I've met and photographed have just been down to earth people.  And hence I've got the perspective that fame isn't anything really special...  I may be talking with a person who's recorded with Lennon or Bowie,  I may hear them at work when I turn on the radio, but I don't really feel the need to be friends with them - it's not going to massage my ego.  I'd be happy to be friends, but I don't see it as benefitting my life too much if that makes sense.

I guess the people I'd like to be friends with would perhaps be motorsport based.   Sir Jackie Stewart maybe, Jenson Button, George Russell and a few other names,  Abbie Eaton, Jess Hawkins for example.  But only providing it turns out they haven't got inflated egos.  That's a big no-go for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Euro said:

This thread got me wondering if any "famous person/celebrities" are already using this site and in a loose way, we are being friendly with them, but not knowing?

Well, I didn't want to admit it, but....

• Haha 4