Unusual habits and quirks.

steve25805

Does anyone else have any unusual habits or quirks?

I am something of an indoor nudist, I guess you could say. I live alone and have done for many years. It is my usual habit to spend all my time at home sitting around naked. When I come home from work I immediately undress. I was thinking today how unusual others might think this, so thought I would post about it.

Anyone else got any similarly odd habits?

• Like 2

I may post later if I think of more, a lot of these may seem like minor OCD or may not be unusual. 

• I must have my drinks coaster lined up with the edge of the table. If it's at an angle I correct it immediately. 
  • When I turn everything off at night I must turn off the TV before it shows the static. Same with my pc monitor, it must be switched off before it shows "no signal" and goes into standby. 
  • When I'm tired I am constantly playing with my hair, stroking it with my hand and twirling it around my finger. 
  • When making hot drinks I never pour and stir at the same time. I will fill the mug, put down the kettle and pick up the teaspoon. When making a hot chocolate I like to add a little water, stir and then add more. I will still put down the kettle to do it. 
  • Volume measured in numbers has to be set to a multiple of 5. Having the radio set to 7 is a no no. I'll turn it up to 10. 
  • On a similar vein, when setting the volume on my power supply the display must be exact. I cannot be working with it reading 4.99 volts! 
  • I do things in 15 minute intervals. For example if the time is 10 past, I will wait until 15 minutes past before doing something, and if I miss that I will wait until half past. This has got me into trouble a few times. 
  • I love the smell of new instruction manuals and other printed media, to the point where I will literally stick my nose right in there. I also love the smell of petrol, and swimming pools. 
  • When listening to music with headphones I frequently pause because I have imagined people shouting for me from another room. I've even shouted back "Yeah?" in reply to absolutely nobody because I thought someone shouted "Sophie" or "Mum" 
  • hate standing at my bedroom window because I always feel someone is watching me. When opening or closing the curtains I move away as quickly as possible. I don't know why this bothers me, I'm not doing it naked. 
  • I don't remove the stickers on electrical appliances. My 10+ year old washing machine still has the "2 year warranty" sticker on it.
  • I talk to myself a lot "You go in here, that goes there and then I click this..." 
  • I usually wake up with songs stuck in my head. 

Feel free to ask about any of these, I probably have more! 

• Like 4

I have a poor habit of pulling my hair out. Back when I was a kid I had bald patches. I've toned it down a lot since I went natural but sometimes i can't help myself. Whenever I get nervous or irrationally angry I start pulling.

Guest UnabashedUser
1 hour ago, steve25805 said:

I am something of an indoor nudist, I guess you could say. I live alone and have done for many years. It is my usual habit to spend all my time at home sitting around naked. When I come home from work I immediately undress. I was thinking today how unusual others might think this, so thought I would post about it.

Tend to get down to the jockeys when alone at home myself too. Most comfortable nekkid as they say.

2 hours ago, steve25805 said:

Not unusual Steve. Though the weather has to be warm enough and I am sensitive to the reaction of K and other family members too.

1 hour ago, Sophie said:

I may post later if I think of more, a lot of these may seem like minor OCD or may not be unusual. 

• I must have my drinks coaster lined up with the edge of the table. If it's at an angle I correct it immediately. 
  • When I turn everything off at night I must turn off the TV before it shows the static. Same with my pc monitor, it must be switched off before it shows "no signal" and goes into standby. 
  • When I'm tired I am constantly playing with my hair, stroking it with my hand and twirling it around my finger. 
  • When making hot drinks I never pour and stir at the same time. I will fill the mug, put down the kettle and pick up the teaspoon. When making a hot chocolate I like to add a little water, stir and then add more. I will still put down the kettle to do it. 
  • Volume measured in numbers has to be set to a multiple of 5. Having the radio set to 7 is a no no. I'll turn it up to 10. 
  • On a similar vein, when setting the volume on my power supply the display must be exact. I cannot be working with it reading 4.99 volts! 
  • I do things in 15 minute intervals. For example if the time is 10 past, I will wait until 15 minutes past before doing something, and if I miss that I will wait until half past. This has got me into trouble a few times. 
  • I love the smell of new instruction manuals and other printed media, to the point where I will literally stick my nose right in there. I also love the smell of petrol, and swimming pools. 
  • When listening to music with headphones I frequently pause because I have imagined people shouting for me from another room. I've even shouted back "Yeah?" in reply to absolutely nobody because I thought someone shouted "Sophie" or "Mum" 
  • hate standing at my bedroom window because I always feel someone is watching me. When opening or closing the curtains I move away as quickly as possible. I don't know why this bothers me, I'm not doing it naked. 
  • I don't remove the stickers on electrical appliances. My 10+ year old washing machine still has the "2 year warranty" sticker on it.
  • I talk to myself a lot "You go in here, that goes there and then I click this..." 
  • I usually wake up with songs stuck in my head. 

Feel free to ask about any of these, I probably have more! 

Hmm - that's quite a list 🙂 I think I have got quite a lot more relaxed about things as I have aged, but I still really don't like sticky labels staying attached to things. I always remove them.

On the bedroom window thing, I am the opposite. Whether the neighbours want to or not, they always have the option of seeing a naked me at the bedroom window first thing in the morning and last thing at night when the curtains are drawn!

Incidentally, how do you cope with things like this?

wHY3PDNGM71MFgHWGoUWJndAZobcqu_QNeq4kdARq0wV3N5ZB_cmWrJ5PmYOyLpdzMcR5EqLqllWT9pdGxKBoZV4TjwhdEast4iuxtfHb-DnMwEnbwt0ii0f4-ScnGCZZ00SYw

I hate looking in mirrors in darkened rooms. I have an irrational fear of what I might see lurking there. Logically daft but something I very much avoid doing. If a room has a mirror in it I cannot enter without first switching the light on if it is dark.

• Love 1

I'm sort of feeling relatively cool and chilled now, or at least feeling suitably unconcerned about having too many odd traits.

I do have a complete intolerance of the tinny grating noise of a mobile phone on speakerphone, when it's turned up to distortion.  Just turn it down to the minimum volume necessary or better still take the call though the earpiece like it's designed for.  I'm a bit possessive about some things being put away correctly - TV remotes, keys and kitchen utensils but then if you try and find some paperwork in my study it's exactly the opposite.

So all in all I think I'm fairly easy to live with - but my wife would probably declare otherwise.

• Like 2

You would hate to live with us, lol. Table beside the couch is littered with tv, stereo and PlayStation controllers, same with my bedside table (although I did build a stand to hold things while they are being recharged, phones and ipads). My computer room looks frightful, but I know where everything is, same as the disorganised chaos in the garage, M doesn't go into either of these. Locking up at night is best termed as haphazard, we have left doors open on several occasions, same with windows.

Neither of us have any little “picky” things that are noticeable, we are just comfortable living with each other.

• Like 1
Guest UnabashedUser
9 hours ago, Sophie said:

hate standing at my bedroom window because I always feel someone is watching me. When opening or closing the curtains I move away as quickly as possible. I don't know why this bothers me, I'm not doing it naked. 

Before opening curtains, blinds I always peekout through a corner to see what's out there before I open the coverings all the way.

When I'm tired I am constantly playing with my hair, stroking it with my hand and twirling it around my finger.

When relaxing watching TV, I usually have my pants open and am idly playing with a soft-on, thumb usually inside the foreskin circling the rim of the cock head.  It's just a comfortable thing to do and soothing. Whether or not it progresses into full on climaxing isn't the objective but could be later.

I love the smell of new instruction manuals and other printed media, to the point where I will literally stick my nose right in there. I also love the smell of petrol, and swimming pools.

Love the smell of new tires in a store. Tend to linger in WalMart but I don't go up and sniff the treads. It's the pungent atmosphere.

When hiking on a local wooded trail, come across tissues, used condoms, pads, panties discarded by lovers, I must urinate on them and sometimes masturbate over them and cum on them, no closer than standing over them though.

A whiff of female pee or female pussy can get me hard instantly.

I didn't think I had many unusual habits and quirks, but I made the mistake of mentioning this to the family, who promptly came up with a few for me.

Apparently I use daft words for things: when I am going to pay a cheque in I will always say "I am going to pay a chicken". Or if I am late for something, I will say "I'm all moo" (as in "I'm all behind, like a cow's tail", which has become shortened to "moo"). 

And I go out to talk often to the little birds that come into the garden, as if they were family members.

And I regularly get a long way ahead in preparing a meal - such as half cooking the evening meal straight after breakfast, including doing all the washing up, drying up and putting away of the pots and pans.

Nothing too serious I think. I'd like to think these are all endearing quirks, but apparently they're not.

• Like 1
  • Love 1