Cool urinals

2 hours ago, Loller said:

A father/son section in the men's room urinals.

kuva_2024-06-25_052736158.png

I've never heard of such a thing... and it seems odd that anyone would want it. I mean, I guess it's possible some boys might especially like the idea of peeing side by side with their dad, AND couldn't find a pair of side by side urinals otherwise to do it in, but I never particularly had that need (I didn't even pee standing up as a kid), and I don't think it's especially common. Also, the perspective in this picture looks odd (see how much taller the nearer divider panel is)--so either the picture was taken with a weird lens or it's fake.

• Agree 1
On 6/25/2024 at 6:17 AM, Carb0nBased said:

I've never heard of such a thing... and it seems odd that anyone would want it.

I'd imagine it's for Dads with really young sons (though it does seem a bit high for that), so they can teach those who maybe don't know how to use a urinal yet, or maybe if the dad doesn't feel comfortable letting the son go on his own

Edited by MC Cumzy
Typo
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Carb0nBased said:

I've never heard of such a thing... and it seems odd that anyone would want it. I mean, I guess it's possible some boys might especially like the idea of peeing side by side with their dad, AND couldn't find a pair of side by side urinals otherwise to do it in, but I never particularly had that need (I didn't even pee standing up as a kid), and I don't think it's especially common. Also, the perspective in this picture looks odd (see how much taller the nearer divider panel is)--so either the picture was taken with a weird lens or it's fake.

Never heard of such a thing. And there doesn't appear to be one shorter than the other.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 2:16 AM, Havelock said:

I can't find a photo but I remember German bathrooms in the 80s where the urinal was just a tiled wall with a slight recess and slope at the floor level so pee would run to a drain in the corner or middle. Growing up I loved these because you could pee anywhere on the wall. I remember walking into one in the alps somewhere and the tile started next to the door and ran all the way across the wall. I stood right next to the door seeing how close I could direct my stream to the door. Right above me was a light switch on the tiled wall with no clear border between the tiles below. Naturally I decided to push the boundaries and see if I could get my stream up the tiles to the light switch plate. I mean, where does the urinal end and the wall begin in a bathroom like that?

I hope that kind of urinal becomes popular everywhere, it would be very cool.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Mojovo said:

I hope that kind of urinal becomes popular everywhere, it would be very cool.

If anything, I think they're on their way out

• Agree 1

I stopped for a pee at a UK motorway services last week - Gloucester Farmshop if I remember rightly.

And the unusual thing about the urinals, was that they weren't all mounted side by side on a straight wall.   Every other urinal was recessed...    difficult to explain, but imagine a 3ft wide section of wall then step forwards for the next 3ft section, then back out... and across the wall.   With a single urinal on each section of wall.

image.png.87ec6288c848b1c9ccf764a31424076e.png

So, standing at one of the odd numbered urinals meant anyone using one of the even numbers would actually be slightly in front and more shielded.   But if they glanced around they've got a pretty good view of the person to their side, slightly behind them.   (I went for one of the odd numbered ones.  No need to hide).

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

I stopped for a pee at a UK motorway services last week - Gloucester Farmshop if I remember rightly.

And the unusual thing about the urinals, was that they weren't all mounted side by side on a straight wall.   Every other urinal was recessed...    difficult to explain, but imagine a 3ft wide section of wall then step forwards for the next 3ft section, then back out... and across the wall.   With a single urinal on each section of wall.

image.png.87ec6288c848b1c9ccf764a31424076e.png

So, standing at one of the odd numbered urinals meant anyone using one of the even numbers would actually be slightly in front and more shielded.   But if they glanced around they've got a pretty good view of the person to their side, slightly behind them.   (I went for one of the odd numbered ones.  No need to hide).

I stop at services a lot and seen these in a few. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Wolfpee said:

I stop at services a lot and seen these in a few. 

Yeah I think it's some Welcome Break services? As someone who thinks that men shouldn't be shy at the urinal I find them really annoying! 🤣

• Agree 1
18 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

difficult to explain, but imagine a 3ft wide section of wall then step forwards for the next 3ft section

So there are urinals for exhibitionists and urinals for voyeurs?

• Haha 2
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Bladderlad said:

Yeah I think it's some Welcome Break services? As someone who thinks that men shouldn't be shy at the urinal I find them really annoying! 🤣

It's so bad, rarely see anyone use it or at lest use the hidden one. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Wolfpee said:

It's so bad, rarely see anyone use it or at lest use the hidden one. 

Just don't get it? If somebody is really bothered they would just use a cubicle?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Bladderlad said:

Just don't get it? If somebody is really bothered they would just use a cubicle?

A weird solution to “bashful and stuck in a queue”, maybe.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, oliver2 said:

A weird solution to “bashful and stuck in a queue”, maybe.

But what if these factors apply and it's not a services that offers this annoying choice? Get back in car and drive with bursting bladder to the next one? 🤣😜😃😉😂

3 minutes ago, Bladderlad said:

But what if these factors apply and it's not a services that offers this annoying choice? Get back in car and drive with bursting bladder to the next one? 🤣😜😃😉😂

Piss in bottle in car in car park, unload bottle contents onto tarmac, drive off?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, oliver2 said:

Piss in bottle in car in car park, unload bottle contents onto tarmac, drive off?

Or so up tight about some dude seeing his dick, risks wetting pants in the car?? 😂

1 minute ago, Bladderlad said:

Or so up tight about some dude seeing his dick, risks wetting pants in the car?? 😂

Meanwhile, at VW office, a designer pulls a suggestion out of the box: ”more easily washable seats”

• Haha 2