Question for those who pee play on carpet on in their home

So first off me and my significant other have been living in our condo for a few years now. and only about 2 to 3 years ago we started doing alot of pee play during sex. Now she will usually pee on the carpet but over a large area and not in just one spot. I like seeing how far she can pee when she sits on the toilet in the bathroom 😛 So my concern is my floor. I always put down towels where I know there will be pee but I know the carpet will still be wet after but I always leave fans on for good air flow and try to soak it all up. Hell every couple months or so we will do a full steam clean of our carpet in our unit. However I am getting concerned because we plan on moving soon and i'm thinking of selling as is or redoing the floor but my biggest fear is my clean ups weren't good enough and left damage to the sub floor. Has anyone dealt with these concerns?

cheers

• Like 1

I've never tried to deal with this and it is the biggest reason why I don't pee on carpets in my house.   I think it depends a lot on what flooring you have.  My fear is that the pee will go through the carpet, into the underlay and then the floor beneath.  If it were just carpet onto a concrete floor, then using a carpet shampooer once in a while would probably be ample.  Also, if you spread pee around then it will probably only soak the carpet fibres without too much soaking through.  However, if you have a full bladder puddle in one place then it is going to soak through and probably would not easily dry underneath.   

If you have wooden floor boards, or even worse, the newer style chipboard flooring, then they are likely to adsorb pee.   The chipboard ones, could soak the pee and then expand and break up.  That would be worse case.

However, the big question is how noticeable is it as it is?   If the carpet looks OK and there is no smell, then you are probably good.   Any potential buyer isn't going to lift the carpets to look anyway.  

I don't pee all that much on my own carpet, but I have peed enough for it to go through to the chipboard floorboards and it does not appear to have had any ill effects. I just leave the pee to dry naturally, and I don't regularly clean the carpet beyond vacuuming.

There are some stains on the chipboard, some concentric stains in my study from more regular wetting, but no signs of any damage to the chipboard.

Should I ever have to lay a new floor though I would use the green water-resistant chipboard intended for bathrooms though as then I can be less restrained as this should allow a more regular soaking.

• Like 2

Like Alfresco and Paulypeeps mentioned; it would depend on number of pees (how many times peed in any one spot), concentration (was it all in one spot, or was it spread around),  and of course what is under the carpet.  Obviously a large number of pees in a relatively small area will have more of an effect than a smaller number of pees over a larger area. 

As to material (peaking as someone in the construction industry)...

If what is under the carpet is an "engineered" wood product (particle board, fiber-board, plywood etc.) there is a reasonably good chance you will have an issue.  I would be more concerned about materials like particle board or fiber-board than I would be about plywood because of (A) how the materials are produced and (B) the fact that the manufacturers of many brands of particle board and fiber-board specifically say to keep them dry. 

If what is under the carpet is solid wood (actual boards) my level of concern would be dependent on species of wood, age, and thickness.  If it is white or yellow pine, worry.  If it is another soft wood (e.g. fir) or poplar, age and thickness will be more important.  If it is cedar, its all about thickness...thicker being better.  If its a "furniture" hardwood (like oak, cherry, or maple), age and thickness will be the determining factors...again thicker is better, and (surprising as it might seem) older is better since it will have had more time to dry and when it expands from the sudden wetness there won't be crushing issues.  Best case scenario, and unfortunately highly unlikely, would be a rot-resistant wood (like mahogany, black locust, teak, or ideally ipe); if its any of those don't worry about it...there is a reason those woods are used for boats, fence posts, docks, and boardwalks.

If what is under the carpet is concrete (or similar), the biggest issue you'll likely see is staining.

A note for anyone who needs to replace a wood sub-floor: if you cant afford tongue and grooved ipe (it is expensive), go with a "marine grade" or "Exposure 1" rated plywood.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On Saturday, July 04, 2020 at 2:42 PM, neworder455 said:

So first off me and my significant other have been living in our condo for a few years now. and only about 2 to 3 years ago we started doing alot of pee play during sex. Now she will usually pee on the carpet but over a large area and not in just one spot. I like seeing how far she can pee when she sits on the toilet in the bathroom 😛 So my concern is my floor. I always put down towels where I know there will be pee but I know the carpet will still be wet after but I always leave fans on for good air flow and try to soak it all up. Hell every couple months or so we will do a full steam clean of our carpet in our unit. However I am getting concerned because we plan on moving soon and i'm thinking of selling as is or redoing the floor but my biggest fear is my clean ups weren't good enough and left damage to the sub floor. Has anyone dealt with these concerns?

cheers

" I like seeing how far she can pee when she sits on the toilet in the bathroom"

So, how far would you say she can? 😃

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

We have just taken up the carpet in our bedroom to re-decorate.   I thought it would be an opportunity to test to a certain level what happens when you pee on carpet.  I have peed small amounts on the bedroom carpet many times over a few years, but not frequently and never full bladders.  However, a couple of weeks before lifting the carpet, I peed off the side of the bed in the night - not a full bladder, but a good 10 seconds of strong flow.  I moved it about a bit so it wasn't all in one puddle.  The next morning it was slightly damp, but would only be noticeable if someone stood in it barefoot.   As we were starting prep for decorating, we moved the bed a few days later and I peed some more on the carpet.  It was late evening.  I was reading a book and was getting desperate to pee, but didn't want to go until I had finished my chapter.  My wife was asleep next to me.  I decided "What the heck, the carpet is going anyway" so I rolled onto my side and started peeing off the side of the mattress onto the carpet.   It was intended to be just a small amount to relieve the pressure, but I was enjoying myself and I peed for about 20 seconds, just letting it keep flowing.   I didn't completely empty my bladder but it was quite a lot.  The next morning, the carpet still had a definite wet patch.  I didn't mention it to my wife and as far as I know, she never spotted it as it was between the bed and the wall and she doesn't need to go round that side.

So, two weeks later we lifted the carpet.   The carpet was dry and not stained.  The underside of the carpet had a few marks on it - which may have been from the peeing.   The underlay was in poor condition anyway (having been there a long time) and didn't seem any worse in the places where I peed.   There were no obvious marks on the floor boards either from the recent pees or the smaller pees that I'd contributed over previous times, so I think that the carpet did a good job of keeping the pee within the carpet or the underlay.   NB I didn't make any attempt to wash or clean the carpet after peeing and didn't attempt to soak up the pee.

This morning, I took a section of the carpet that was destined for disposal and laid it on the kitchen floor.   I peed a whole bladder on it.  The idea was to see where the pee went and how far it went through the carpet.    I peed mostly in the same place to keep the pee in one area to test the situation when it got properly wet.   The pee formed a puddle that was about 10 inches, or 25cm across and very much darkened the carpet, but didn't spread any further on top.   I then left it for ten minutes and came back to inspect.   The surface was still darker for the same size puddle, but was not as dark as it had first been.   I lifted the carpet up and found that underneath, the backing was wet in a circle about 26" or 65cm diameter.   The floor tiles were also slightly damp.  NB no underlay was in place.    

So, it looks like even if you think you have peed in a small place, the carpet does an excellent job of wicking the pee away underneath the surface and spreading it around.   It also does soak through, so unless you clean and dry your carpets quickly, it is almost definite that your pee will soak a large area of underlay and possibly the floor underneath as well.   On that basis, if you keep your pee dilute, you should have no real problems as your pee will spread out, which will help it to dry before it soaks into the floor fully and the underlay will probably also act as a barrier.  However, if you have strong pee, there is a possibility that you may end up with resultant stains and smells because it will soak right through and even though it dries, some residue will remain.   If you use a carpet cleaner, I don't know how deep into the fibres it would work.  I may do further experiments before the carpet goes.

Anyone else fancy adding details to the research?

Puddle being made on the top of the carpet - (the video of this can be seen here: https://www.erome.com/a/TgdAWE0K, but warning shows male peeing)

image.png.1f8a7bae4d496f964229108dbbed51e4.png

Wetness spreading underneath the carpet:

image.thumb.png.f88df81d868872d944a078d25e8d1697.png

Edited by Alfresco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
26 minutes ago, Alfresco said:

We have just taken up the carpet in our bedroom to re-decorate.   I thought it would be an opportunity to test to a certain level what happens when you pee on carpet.  I have peed small amounts on the bedroom carpet many times over a few years, but not frequently and never full bladders.  However, a couple of weeks before lifting the carpet, I peed off the side of the bed in the night - not a full bladder, but a good 10 seconds of strong flow.  I moved it about a bit so it wasn't all in one puddle.  The next morning it was slightly damp, but would only be noticeable if someone stood in it barefoot.   As we were starting prep for decorating, we moved the bed a few days later and I peed some more on the carpet.  It was late evening.  I was reading a book and was getting desperate to pee, but didn't want to go until I had finished my chapter.  My wife was asleep next to me.  I decided "What the heck, the carpet is going anyway" so I rolled onto my side and started peeing off the side of the mattress onto the carpet.   It was intended to be just a small amount to relieve the pressure, but I was enjoying myself and I peed for about 20 seconds, just letting it keep flowing.   I didn't completely empty my bladder but it was quite a lot.  The next morning, the carpet still had a definite wet patch.  I didn't mention it to my wife and as far as I know, she never spotted it as it was between the bed and the wall and she doesn't need to go round that side.

So, two weeks later we lifted the carpet.   The carpet was dry and not stained.  The underside of the carpet had a few marks on it - which may have been from the peeing.   The underlay was in poor condition anyway (having been there a long time) and didn't seem any worse in the places where I peed.   There were no obvious marks on the floor boards either from the recent pees or the smaller pees that I'd contributed over previous times, so I think that the carpet did a good job of keeping the pee within the carpet or the underlay.   NB I didn't make any attempt to wash or clean the carpet after peeing and didn't attempt to soak up the pee.

This morning, I took a section of the carpet that was destined for disposal and laid it on the kitchen floor.   I peed a whole bladder on it.  The idea was to see where the pee went and how far it went through the carpet.    I peed mostly in the same place to keep the pee in one area to test the situation when it got properly wet.   The pee formed a puddle that was about 10 inches, or 25cm across and very much darkened the carpet, but didn't spread any further on top.   I then left it for ten minutes and came back to inspect.   The surface was still darker for the same size puddle, but was not as dark as it had first been.   I lifted the carpet up and found that underneath, the backing was wet in a circle about 26" or 65cm diameter.   The floor tiles were also slightly damp.  NB no underlay was in place.    

So, it looks like even if you think you have peed in a small place, the carpet does an excellent job of wicking the pee away underneath the surface and spreading it around.   It also does soak through, so unless you clean and dry your carpets quickly, it is almost definite that your pee will soak a large area of underlay and possibly the floor underneath as well.   On that basis, if you keep your pee dilute, you should have no real problems as your pee will spread out, which will help it to dry before it soaks into the floor fully and the underlay will probably also act as a barrier.  However, if you have strong pee, there is a possibility that you may end up with resultant stains and smells because it will soak right through and even though it dries, some residue will remain.   If you use a carpet cleaner, I don't know how deep into the fibres it would work.  I may do further experiments before the carpet goes.

Anyone else fancy adding details to the research?

Puddle being made on the top of the carpet - (the video of this can be seen here: https://www.erome.com/a/TgdAWE0K, but warning shows male peeing)

image.png.1f8a7bae4d496f964229108dbbed51e4.png

Wetness spreading underneath the carpet:

image.thumb.png.f88df81d868872d944a078d25e8d1697.png

Fantastic detailed work to determine what happens. A scientific, rational approach. I like that. Plus ... the story, photos and videos are hot 😉 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kupar said:

A scientific, rational approach

To be properly scientific I think it requires more testing to prove repeatability and also to test different circumstances whilst changing only one variable at a time.   Tests definitely required with underlay and different types of flooring underneath, plus monitoring of the progression of the puddles at each layer over time.   Unfortunately, my lab (kitchen) couldn't really be commandeered for protracted experiments without causing difficult conversations with Mrs A.  As it was, I only just got cleared up with 5 mins to spare before someone came in!   Carpet is now out on the patio, but I'm thinking to store it in the garage and have a few more experiments before finally taking it to the tip.  Maybe I'll try laying some plywood down under it and see what that does.  I might also try a bit of the old underlay - but that is in a pretty poor shape.   However, I guess that could be representative of a real world situation.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Alfresco said:

To be properly scientific I think it requires more testing to prove repeatability and also to test different circumstances whilst changing only one variable at a time.   Tests definitely required with underlay and different types of flooring underneath, plus monitoring of the progression of the puddles at each layer over time.   Unfortunately, my lab (kitchen) couldn't really be commandeered for protracted experiments without causing difficult conversations with Mrs A.  As it was, I only just got cleared up with 5 mins to spare before someone came in!   Carpet is now out on the patio, but I'm thinking to store it in the garage and have a few more experiments before finally taking it to the tip.  Maybe I'll try laying some plywood down under it and see what that does.  I might also try a bit of the old underlay - but that is in a pretty poor shape.   However, I guess that could be representative of a real world situation.

Understood ... and remember what Galileo went through when trying to do his experiments and share the results. Be brave (but don't take chances!) 😉 

3 minutes ago, Kupar said:

Understood ... and remember what Galileo went through when trying to do his experiments and share the results. Be brave (but don't take chances!) 😉 

Surely being brave is all about taking chances!   If you are not taking a risk then it is not really that brave.  But yes, I'll only go so far as domestic situations will allow.   I'd love to get Mrs A to add to the experiment to see whether there is any difference with her peeing, but I think I'd be hard pushed to get that one happening.

• Like 1
  • Cheeky 1
1 hour ago, Alfresco said:

If I ever get caught peeing on a carpet, I'm using this excuse ... "I'm doing research of fluid absorption and distribution in carpet fibres."

I'll let you know if it works.  If it doesn't, I may call from the police station for help.  😎

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been pursuing my experiments further with the old carpet.   I have peed on it now 7 times in the same place with some interesting results.

The carpet is currently laid open on the floor of my garage, so has concrete underneath and although the garage is not exactly airtight, there is not a lot of air flow and with the wet weather we've been having, it is not representative of how a carpet would dry in a normal household setting.   However, I peed on it five times between 1st and 9th July.   The first couple of times I left it a couple of days between uses and  I noted that each time I went to it, there was no visible sign of pee staining and the carpet felt pretty dry. The carpet had absorbed the pee, dried between uses and nothing was obvious on the surface.  Towards the end of last week, I peed on it three times in two days - Thursday afternoon, Friday morning, Friday afternoon.   The more frequent use meant that it wasn't drying fully between uses and although I still couldn't see anything obvious, I could feel that the fibres were still wet.     Each time, I lifted the carpet up to see what was visible on the underside and on the floor of the garage.   I did this both before peeing and immediately afterwards.   Each time, I was pleasantly surprised to see no marks on the concrete and just a faint marking on the back of the carpet.   It would seem that even with repeated use, the carpet has absorbed the vast majority of the pee and it doesn't flow through to the floor beneath, although it does spread out within the fibres of the carpet to cover a wider area than that which was visible at the surface.

The carpet was left from Friday afternoon until this morning.   This morning, I drank a pint of water about 6:30am and a large mug of tea about 7:00am.  I went to the garage about 7:30am to take another pee.   When I opened the garage door, I could smell a slight ammonia smell.   I felt the carpet and it was still wet.   It would seem that having completely saturated one area several times has led to it reaching the point where it is not drying before re-use and that is what is contributing to the production of the smell.   I smelled the carpet itself and could smell pee.   

I then proceeded to take another pee, but this time I thought I'd try something different.   I was wearing shorts with loose legs, so I squatted right down low so that my dick was only just above the carpet by a couple of inches.   I peed with high pressure directed at one spot (still on the wet patch).   I noted that the pee puddle didn't spread at all on the surface of the carpet and when I lifted the carpet up, it had not gone through to the garage floor, so I am assuming that it went straight into the fibres and spread within the fibres under the surface (it had to go somewhere!).   I drank another large mug of tea and another pint of water and I repeated the process at 9am.   Again, I couldn't see anything before I started, but the surface was wet.   Again, it didn't go through to the garage floor.  The visible situation, immediately after the 2nd pee this morning, and having had 7 pees altogether is as below:

image.thumb.png.ec27387a12421a4ec64662c2d7ab1588.png

So even immediately after peeing, the puddle was tiny and the visible effect minimal - this means that if you want to pee discretely on carpet, peeing close to the carpet may be a help.   When I peed from higher up previously, I made much bigger puddles, but then again, that was probably more from the fact that I allowed the stream to move around somewhat.  Maybe my next pee will be from a height but concentrated on one spot to see if that makes much difference.

I think that I will try one more pee on this part of the carpet, then I'll cut that bit out and get rid of it and then I might try a few different experiments with peeing only once in an area and allowing it to dry.   I will try spreading pee over a larger area, concentrating it in a small area and also sprinkling very small amounts in different places to see what effect they all have.

Edited by Alfresco
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

OK,  I just tried peeing high pressure into one spot (a little along from the now very wet area) from normal standing height.   This time the puddle on the surface was larger (6 inch diameter as opposed to 2 inch diameter when peeing from close up) and, the pee went through the fabric of the carpet onto the garage floor.   So, slow peeing from close range leaves less visible effect and less likely to go through to the floor.

The picture shows the slightly larger mark.  The area below the fresh pee is the area that is soaked to the touch from before, but still doesn't show that much visibly.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.566c74de3e3d3b39cc5979fc99ba2393.JPG

And below is the small amount of pee that made it through the carpet onto the floor.

Capture2.thumb.JPG.6413229b82c4968e89096ebc5db32258.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great bit of science!

You have shown a few effects here:-

1. That peeing on a pre-wet carpet you will find that the pee will be absorbed very quickly in to the carpet and not make a puddle (handy to wet just a little to dampen the carpet a few minutes before doing a full wee if you don't want to make a puddle!)
  2. That letting the carpet dry will mean that there is no pee smell (peeing in different places each time can achieve no smell).
  3. There is very little to show that the carpet has been peed on (especially when your pee is dilute).
  4. Little passes through the carpet to affect the underfloor (no real need to worry about what is under the carpet - it will be fine).
  5. Good ventilation is best to ensure that the carpet dries between wettings.

It is good to show that good science confirms anecdotal evidence. It is hard to do a proper survey of the carpet in my favourite pub!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Paulypeeps said:

Great bit of science!

You have shown a few effects here:-

1. That peeing on a pre-wet carpet you will find that the pee will be absorbed very quickly in to the carpet and not make a puddle (handy to wet just a little to dampen the carpet a few minutes before doing a full wee if you don't want to make a puddle!)
  2. That letting the carpet dry will mean that there is no pee smell (peeing in different places each time can achieve no smell).
  3. There is very little to show that the carpet has been peed on (especially when your pee is dilute).
  4. Little passes through the carpet to affect the underfloor (no real need to worry about what is under the carpet - it will be fine).
  5. Good ventilation is best to ensure that the carpet dries between wettings.

It is good to show that good science confirms anecdotal evidence. It is hard to do a proper survey of the carpet in my favourite pub!

Yes, totally agree.   It seems to me that your original approach that you've posted on your own techniques throughout experiences on this site is totally correct.  The key is to have dilute pee (= drink lots and pee regularly), pee in multiple areas rather than repeatedly peeing in the same place, Don't worry too much about it being spotted - chances are that it won't be seen.   

The experiment has definitely shown that keeping the area wet is what makes the smell  - presumably as the wetness allows bacteria to breed and chemical breakdown to proceed.  If you allow it to dry, there will be very little smell.  I guess this is of less consequence when peeing in public rather than peeing at home, because if you are peeing in public then it is unlikely that you would pee in the same place repeatedly and therefore it will dry.   Also, if it did smell, you would be long gone by the time that happened.   For hotel rooms, I would say definitely best not to oversaturate one place as it would be easy for the cleaning staff to detect and also the smell would generate after a couple of days and the hotel could look back to see who had been in the room a couple of days ago.

One problem is that naturally we are creatures of habit.  If we find someone that is good for a discrete pee, it might be tempting to re-visit and re-use that spot multiple times, but it would be far less obvious if we use different places each time.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Paulypeeps said:

It is hard to do a proper survey of the carpet in my favourite pub!

I'm guessing that you are regularly in this pub and potentially regularly sit in the same booth (or similar).   I'm also assuming that you have no hesitation in wetting either the carpet or the seat.  Can you confirm whether this is the case and if you have ever gone into the relevant area of the pub and noticed any smell from previous wettings?   I'm thinking that if you go in there, pee on the carpet and then it gets left, it would probably be dry well before your next visit, but then if you re-wet the same part of the pub, does it activate the breakdown of previous peeing and therefore start to cause smell over time?

I assume you might be more careful in your regular pubs than if you were in a pub that you are only likely to visit once.

I am also assuming that, as your favourite pub is still your favourite pub (i.e. you haven't been barred), that the landlord/staff haven't detected your actions yet, so it can't be causing too much of a problem.

14 hours ago, Alfresco said:

I'm guessing that you are regularly in this pub and potentially regularly sit in the same booth (or similar).   I'm also assuming that you have no hesitation in wetting either the carpet or the seat.  Can you confirm whether this is the case and if you have ever gone into the relevant area of the pub and noticed any smell from previous wettings?   I'm thinking that if you go in there, pee on the carpet and then it gets left, it would probably be dry well before your next visit, but then if you re-wet the same part of the pub, does it activate the breakdown of previous peeing and therefore start to cause smell over time?

I assume you might be more careful in your regular pubs than if you were in a pub that you are only likely to visit once.

I am also assuming that, as your favourite pub is still your favourite pub (i.e. you haven't been barred), that the landlord/staff haven't detected your actions yet, so it can't be causing too much of a problem.

I have not been back to the pub during lockdown, and it will be a while before I go out to the pub again, but I do try and sit in different places each time, but there are only so many places! I only wet the seat if I know I am staying until closing time, or I find a seat that has had drink spilled on it (quite common!) I have no hesitation wetting the carpet. If I pee somewhere on the carpet that I have peed before I know by the smell. It is not an ammonia smell because the carpet has dried, but it is more of a concentrated pee smell. It only lasts as long as I am peeing.

Yes, in a pub I do not visit often I don't worry about where I pee, but in my regular pub I do try and spread it around. I would estimate that I have peed in my favourite pub around 400 times now, and I am well known and look forward to going back. I have not seen any evidence that the carpet has ever been cleaned beyond me washing it with pee occasionally.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, harry_jones_1975 said:

Fascinating stuff. Thanks for all your research. I might even get confident enough to unleash my first pee over my Lounge carpet soon. 

I don't have lounge carpet, but when I did have and pee on it occasionally, and never twice in the same place, it was fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1