Feedback / Idea A limit on new posts???

Just a thought - and I'm not sure it's a good idea so please feel free to tell me no...

Every now and then the site seems to attract some very prolific new members.  It could be those peddling commercial videos, it could be a member with one particular kink who delights in posting about their one thing far and wide across the site (often in the wrong categories, eg male pee outside the men peeing section).

Would it work to have an initial daily post limit, say 10 comments / posts per day until either a certain time (1st week?) has elapsed or until a certain level of feedback has been received?  In a similar manner to the chat restriction arrangement.

This is ultimately @Admin's decision, but my personal view is that limiting anyone's number of posts detracts from the level of activity here which we want as much of as possible. And it could send out the message to newbies that we don't value their posts.

But the constant peddling of commercial videos and nothing else, or posting things in the wrong section, are things that can already be looked at. But in case we don't see it for ourselves we need members to report such instances. Then mods will make a judgement and, if necessary, take action. We can ban spammers and repeated rule breakers and move posts for example. We can also merge threads in cases where someone has begun multiple threads on the same topic. And we can have private words with people.

So whereas I personally would not be in favour of limiting how many posts someone can make - I would view that as a retrograde step detracting from our popularity amongst new members - all the other issues you mentioned can be dealt with if you report them and trust the mods to do their jobs.

Am speaking for myself only. If Admin or the other mods - @Sophie and @Scot_Lover - wish to express a different view or any view at all that is their call.

• Agree 1

No, I too think it’s a step backwards. I can remember PS doing 15 posts before you could post, and that basically turned into 15 one word posts. 

We are doing pretty well here, even though we are one mod down. The mod team did mention adding one more, maybe we can revisit the discussion if the work load is a problem.

1 hour ago, Scot_Lover said:

The mod team did mention adding one more, maybe we can revisit the discussion if the work load is a problem.

At the moment both Sophie and myself are off work, at least until June in my case and probably September in Sophie's. So workload should not be a problem at the moment.

If any issues are reported they can be readily dealt with.

That's absolutely fine - thanks for your prompt responses.   I guess my thinking was just to encourage new members to browse their way around and to see what sort of things people were posting and where - but I can see the downsides too.

Thanks again.

I also agree about not limiting new posters or posts in anyway since as has already been said, this would potentially put new members off from coming here and also we want activity to improve and not decline. By doing this we run the risk of this happening. I appreciate I am not a mod or admin here but I just wanted to give my two cents to speak as a member.

Edited by lovestoseepee
  • Agree 1

Guys and Ladies!

First of all we have Site Rules. They are well-written and cover at least 95% of newbee questions. But it seems like no one of newcomers even know about rules. The limiting is wrong way to regulate the interest and activity of new members. I've passed through a lot of forums related with my work and when I saw such limitations I knew that sooner or later this forum turns into a sect of hundred of selfish persons. 

P.S What's your opinion about this thread?