Site Question / Help A "dislike" icon?

Can we have an icon for those times when theres a topic or posting that you disapprove of?

A simple thumbs down would do.The current range is somewhat restrictive,you can only basically "approve" in about 6 different ways.

I think its necessary to be able to say to another person,that you dont like what they say.Id be ok with that if ever i put something that was offensive,stupid,or inappropriate.

• Agree 1
13 minutes ago, F.W said:

Can we have an icon for those times when theres a topic or posting that you disapprove of?

A simple thumbs down would do.The current range is somewhat restrictive,you can only basically "approve" in about 6 different ways.

I think its necessary to be able to say to another person,that you dont like what they say.Id be ok with that if ever i put something that was offensive,stupid,or inappropriate.

There is a 'report post' option available.Otherwise I'm sure if you speak to a moderator or admin in a private message,they will be able to help you.They're called moderators for a reason.

• Agree 2
46 minutes ago, Rewdna said:

There is a 'report post' option available.Otherwise I'm sure if you speak to a moderator or admin in a private message,they will be able to help you.They're called moderators for a reason.

Thats too much work.I saw something this morning that i thought wasnt really what we are about and wanted to just say "nah" somehow.Maybe if enough people do that the moderators can take notice.

I would be totally ok with people "disliking" any of my posts,if they thought it merited it.I never purport to be omnipotent,that MY musings are all knowing,all sweetness.

Its completely normal among people to have disagreements occasionally isnt it?All im saying is we should have a way for you to express an opinion,thats not basically 1 0f 6 ways to simply "like" something,whilst being unable to express displeasure.Thats all,just normal discussion really,do YOU 100% agree with EVERYTHING your friends,colleagues or family say or do?But ok thats all i meant.

And yes,ill never apologise for having opinions.

End of.Cheers!

2 hours ago, F.W said:

I would be totally ok with people "disliking" any of my posts,if they thought it merited it.I never purport to be omnipotent,that MY musings are all knowing,all sweetness.

Its completely normal among people to have disagreements occasionally isnt it?All im saying is we should have a way for you to express an opinion,thats not basically 1 0f 6 ways to simply "like" something,whilst being unable to express displeasure.Thats all,just normal discussion really,do YOU 100% agree with EVERYTHING your friends,colleagues or family say or do?But ok thats all i meant.

End of.Cheers!

Disliking each others' posts is just another way of spreading negativity. And being negative about each other's posts is against forum rules, which are more important here than anyone's non-existent right to post a negative opinion.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, F.W said:

End of.Cheers!

Dislike.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

This is suppose to be a non judgement group to come here and share our similar fetish.  I think this site is wonder and enjoy being here.  There are a group of people that have the same interest in our fetish as I do.  There are something’s that does not interest me and I stay away from those posts. To be honest If I posted something and I got some one  giving me a dislike all the time It would hurt my feeling. Everyone has a right to their opinion. But u won’t have the right to hurt someone’s feeling. Again if you don’t like something scroll on. There is a way of expressing your opinion with hurting ones feelings. 

• Agree 2

And for the record I reported a post that was against the rules. One click didn’t even have to talk to a moderator or admin. Post was removed.  If u don’t report it. Admin and moderators may not check it.  There is so much being posted they couldn’t possibly keep up with every post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I 100% agree with everything that has been said here having a dislike icon can fostor an air of negatvity and I get enough of that at work so don't want to come here for it as well. This place is meant to be welcoming and encouraging by having this icon it could have the opposite effect. As the saying goes if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all I appreciate this might be a bit simplistic. But we want this place to be welcoming and a place pepole want to come to.

Also if it's too much work to report a post by clicking a button and typing a few words then not sure how a dislike icon would fix this, I am personally not sure it would.

Edited by lovestoseepee
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2