Would anyone be interested in joining a Discord server?

34 minutes ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

I could make a server if enough people are interested in it. Just for platonic friendship really, since i'm married. I'm in eastern standard time. The server would also have  a voice chat option. 

In any way not wanting to shamble things, but @lovestoseepee is a pc wizard about Discord… maybe he can help!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Admin said:

We already have one that we're trialling with gold members at the moment. If successful, we'd look at expanding it to the whole site. 🙂 

I think this makes everybody curious… will the app-less chat also remain or in case it will be inserted into the ranks of Discord?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

I think this makes everybody curious… will the app-less chat also remain or in case it will be inserted into the ranks of Discord?

No app will be needed if it is implemented on the main site. 🙂 

But I'm still not convinced Discord is our best option yet. 

We will always have a chat you can post on directly from the forum's homepage. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Admin said:

No app will be needed if it is implemented on the main site. 🙂 

But I'm still not convinced Discord is our best option yet. 

We will always have a chat you can post on directly from the forum's homepage. 

As you can see from the number of likes you got in less than ten minutes, it was important to many!!!

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just to be really clear as I saw in the chat there was some further discussion on this:

• The plan is to only ever have ONE official live chat. Having multiple options at the same time would be confusing and decrease overall participation. 
  • I am open to Discord replacing current chat as it has more advanced functionality like voice options, but it needs to be properly tested first (which we're doing with gold).  I also have concerns over whether it's a little too technical for some people who want simplicity, and whether having multiple channels of chat would detract from the forum. The forum will always be the main heart of the site. However, if the test with gold is successful, we can look at integrating Discord into the hompage but no app will be needed.
  • There are several other alternative chat systems I'm currently looking into that have more advanced features too. Again, if implemented it would replace the one at bottom of the homepage but would still be just as easy to use. A change will only happen if it's a clear improvement, not if it makes it more confusing/difficult to chat.
  • For the foreseeable future, the normal chat we have will remain though.

Hope that helps. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
11 minutes ago, Admin said:

Just to be really clear as I saw in the chat there was some further discussion on this:

• The plan is to only ever have ONE official live chat. Having multiple options at the same time would be confusing and decrease overall participation. 
  • I am open to Discord replacing current chat as it has more advanced functionality like voice options, but it needs to be properly tested first (which we're doing with gold).  I also have concerns over whether it's a little too technical for some people who want simplicity, and whether having multiple channels of chat would detract from the forum. The forum will always be the main heart of the site. However, if the test with gold is successful, we can look at integrating Discord into the hompage but no app will be needed.
  • There are several other alternative chat systems I'm currently looking into that have more advanced features too. Again, if implemented it would replace the one at bottom of the homepage but would still be just as easy to use. A change will only happen if it's a clear improvement, not if it makes it more confusing/difficult to chat.
  • For the foreseeable future, the normal chat we have will remain though.

Hope that helps. 🙂 

MANY were chatting about this, both seen AND UNSEEN

Your voice as Always makes things clear and makes  us feel cuddled and directed

Thank you from all our hearts

The chat is the beating Heart of Peefans. You (not you admin, you grammar noun) don't see it when you look in the mirror, you just see your chest, but it's there, just beneath the surface, pumping life in all you do...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1