Ask me your lgbtq+ questions

Riley

I know this could be a fairly controversial post and I really don't want to turn this into a debate thread so please discuss not debate. 

To start with I am a bi mtf transgender girl. Ok now that that's out of the way I don't want to answer any very personal questions relating to surgery or something like that and I'm sorry but in terms of emotionally, biologically, or really anything else I would love to answer your questions! I'm hoping this isn't too weird of a thing to post but I hope people learn something new while here🙂🤷

Thank you for reading!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Blackinksoul30 said:

Hugs to you!! You totally rock!!! Happy for you and proud of you for making this post. No matter what, as long as you love yourself and follow your heart, you be you! 🙂  I don't really have any questions at this time. Just know that I support ya! and i'm here for you! 

This

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Hi Riley

i hope you don’t consider this on the too personal side, but I’m just curious at what age the transition was complete (surgerywise)?

Recently.

I'm sorry I don't really like to talk about that personally

I'm going ask three questions if I may...  but fine if you'd prefer not to answer any for personal reasons....

- In the case of transgender transformation I guess there's a substantial period of consultation before the big step of actual physical surgery - is it typically a case of multiple surgeries to achieve the result, or is it a one-stop procedure typically?  I tend to think of the surgery as the biggest step but I suspect you'll tell me it's not so, compared to the whole life transformation?

- Having presumably spent a long time considering such a big step, and now looking back from the other side - was it everything you imagined?   More...?   Less...?   What's the biggest surprise....?

- I'm cool with the L, G, B & T...   but in the post title I must admit the Q+ has gone over my head (I'm thick sometimes)

Sorry for the late replies! I've been really busy.

On 12/18/2018 at 12:21 PM, speedy3471 said:

May I ask at what age did you identify yourself as female? If you dont want to answer that's fine, I understand.

That's complicated. For a while I didn't know that being trans was a thing and I thought I was just a messed up kid until one day I was super depressed and it just like erupted out of me what was going on and they told me that this was an actual thing and that I wasn't a messed up freak. That was during middle school.

14 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

I'm going ask three questions if I may...  but fine if you'd prefer not to answer any for personal reasons....

- In the case of transgender transformation I guess there's a substantial period of consultation before the big step of actual physical surgery - is it typically a case of multiple surgeries to achieve the result, or is it a one-stop procedure typically?  I tend to think of the surgery as the biggest step but I suspect you'll tell me it's not so, compared to the whole life transformation?

- Having presumably spent a long time considering such a big step, and now looking back from the other side - was it everything you imagined?   More...?   Less...?   What's the biggest surprise....?

- I'm cool with the L, G, B & T...   but in the post title I must admit the Q+ has gone over my head (I'm thick sometimes)

1) that depends on the individual. Some people don't ever have surgery and some have many surgeries. The most common that people think of is srs but there is also surgery for your face, vocal chords, boobs, lots of things. It just depends on the person. 

2) its what I expected. It's not the new dawn people think about but it feels correct. I still hate myself all the time and that didn't change really anything but that's more of a personality problem than a transgender issue. 

3) LGBTQ+ stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and the plus stands for inclusivity in general. 

On 12/21/2018 at 5:51 PM, Riley said:

Sorry for the late replies! I've been really busy.

That's complicated. For a while I didn't know that being trans was a thing and I thought I was just a messed up kid until one day I was super depressed and it just like erupted out of me what was going on and they told me that this was an actual thing and that I wasn't a messed up freak. That was during middle school.

1) that depends on the individual. Some people don't ever have surgery and some have many surgeries. The most common that people think of is srs but there is also surgery for your face, vocal chords, boobs, lots of things. It just depends on the person. 

2) its what I expected. It's not the new dawn people think about but it feels correct. I still hate myself all the time and that didn't change really anything but that's more of a personality problem than a transgender issue. 

3) LGBTQ+ stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and the plus stands for inclusivity in general. 

No worries, I've been busy myself lol. Iam glad you found your true self, I think everone finds their true self's sooner or later. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 2prnot2p said:

What's the difference between gay and queer?  I've always thought they meant the same thing.  Explain, please.  Thanks!

They are kind of. Queer is more of an umbrella term and people use it sometimes if they aren't sure about who they like. Sorry if that was a really bad explanation 🤦

1 minute ago, Riley said:

They are kind of. Queer is more of an umbrella term and people use it sometimes if they aren't sure about who they like. Sorry if that was a really bad explanation 🤦

Thanks for the reply, Riley.  I don't think they need the Q.  It's redundant. 

On 12/23/2018 at 5:27 PM, Riley said:

I remember that early in my life a Queer meant a male that was sexually attracted to other males.   Lesbian was the female version. 
Females seems to have maintained their status, but at some point, which escapes my memory, Queer changed over to Gay.
I was sorry to see the term Gay taken over because it had other useful meanings that now need to be avoided.

Edited by bpb
2 hours ago, bpb said:

I remember that early in my lift a Queer meant a male that was sexually attracted to other males.   Lesbian was the female version. 
Females seems to have maintained their status, but at some point, which escapes my memory, Queer changed over to Gay.
I was sorry to see the term Gay taken over because it had other useful meanings that now need to be avoided.

That’s just reminded me - during my degree, sometime last century, we had one module led by a visiting lecturer from somewhere in North Africa. He recounted to us the tale that on his arrival in the UK, not knowing a soul, he saw an advert for the university Gay Society and figured that meeting a bunch of happy, outgoing people would be just the ticket. Apparently they were very friendly...

• Love 1