Downtime

Hello all,

Just wanted to apologise for the recent downtime/issues - the problem was very simple: the site exceeded its disk space on the server.

This is a good thing in many ways, it means we're growing, and now have far more posts and images than expected. Of course, the only downside was that I didn't notice immediately, which led to the site crashing. All is working again now, and I've upgraded the space the site has so it should all be running smoothly again.

(If you'd like to help us stop this sort of thing happening, donations would hugely be appreciated to fund the site so we can buy more storage space and bandwidth well in advance. Please message me for details).

EDIT: This post is about the short few hour downtime a few days ago, the post you're probably looking for is here: 

Awesome, Admin.

You appear to have resolved the problems and got everything up and running again.

Psychologically, whilst hoping for the best I was mentally fearing and preparing for the worst.

So glad that my hopes were far better founded than my fears.

• Like 2

It was a very interesting message about the site be unavailable when I asked for the sign-on panel.

It sounded like there was hope while something was being worked out.

It would be interesting to know what was worked out.

There should have been an appeal for monetary support in the unavailability message.

• Like 1

When I saw that the site was down, I was afraid that it'd never come back up again. I was immediately kicking myself for never taking the step of getting anyone's contact info! This is a relief to rival any other we have around here.

• Like 1