Where to try a female urinal

I’ve always wanted to give one of those squatting female urinals a try. But they only seem to appear at big festivals and I’m not really into that scene these days. 

Where else might I get to try a female urinal? (Especially in the UK)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

They're not really a thing anywhere in the UK I think, best bet would be somewhere in southern Europe next time you go on holiday (esp Greece)

Even festivals don't really have them any more, I was at a festival in Budapest this month and they had loads of flushing toilets for everyone which is mad compared to the UK

I have one seen one in the USA and that building has been demolished, so they are very rare here.  Have you considered trying to make your own experimental female urinal from some plastic and a bucket?

• Agree 1
13 hours ago, WetJess said:

I’ve always wanted to give one of those squatting female urinals a try. But they only seem to appear at big festivals and I’m not really into that scene these days. 

Not the UK but close. On two separate occasions in the 90s 2 different girls told me they encountered female urinals while on vacation in France. The first time was in junior high. A classmate was talking about the different things she experienced on vacation in France. Including a female urinal. She described being nervous using it saying "you don't know if your pee's going to go in the hole or down your leg." That was the first time I had ever heard of a female urinal or even a squat toilet.

Then in high school a friend of mine was telling me about visiting that famous cemetery in Paris where Chopin, Isadora Duncan, Jim Morrison and a number of other famous people are buried. She said when the caretaker let her use the restroom she discovered a female urinal was her only option. Actually, now that I think about it, she might have meant a squat toilet.

Does it have to be a female urinal or will a squat toilet work as well?

20 hours ago, DoctorDoctor said:

I have one seen one in the USA and that building has been demolished, so they are very rare here.  Have you considered trying to make your own experimental female urinal from some plastic and a bucket?

I could just squat in the shower but it’s not the same vibe as a public place

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 8/24/2024 at 4:00 AM, WetJess said:

Would you ever try a male one?

On 8/24/2024 at 4:31 AM, Hightower said:

They're not really a thing anywhere in the UK I think, best bet would be somewhere in southern Europe next time you go on holiday (esp Greece)

Even festivals don't really have them any more, I was at a festival in Budapest this month and they had loads of flushing toilets for everyone which is mad compared to the UK

Balkans mentioned

On 8/24/2024 at 9:00 AM, WetJess said:

There used to be some at Chessington World of Adventures! Not sure if there still there as it was at least 10 years ago when I last visited

On 8/31/2024 at 10:17 PM, Thiscouldbeanywhere said:

Would you ever try a male one?

On 8/31/2024 at 10:42 PM, WetJess said:

Maybe. It could be a bit messy though

Depending on what extent you've tried peeing standing in the shower or bath, that's a question you'll know the answer to.   And absolutely no benefit in anybody else mansplaining how to go about it.

I'd encourage you to find yourself in a situation at least once to give it a try though  - maybe in a skirt for the avoidance of wet stains, and where you're not going to be caught.

• Like 1