My friend's plant thrives on pee

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

I know how strange the title seems, but not even joking, this one plant that my friend has bloomed for the first time in 4 years after I started peeing into it. 

You might be thinking, oh maybe my friend got some plant stuff for it. 

NOPE. She was just as surprised when she told me that that plant got 2 buds recently, and she doesn't understand why specially when she hasn't been doing anything special. Clearly my pee is magic.

Anyway, we now stay barely 5 mins away from each other, so we have stay overs every 2 to 3 days. And every time I stay over, been like a month, I pee into the plant every morning, which is a alot considering it's my first pee of the day. 

Wow how fortunate for her that your pee is making the plant healthy.  Have you peed on other plants before Coral?  Do you think this is a one time thing?

14 hours ago, Coral said:

I know how strange the title seems, but not even joking, this one plant that my friend has bloomed for the first time in 4 years after I started peeing into it. 

And every time I stay over, been like a month, I pee into the plant every morning, which is a alot considering it's my first pee of the day. 

It sounds like your pee is good fertilizer. How big is the plant? Is it in a pot? Is it only morning pee? As long as the plant gets plenty of water the urea in your pee would be good fertilizer, but the salt isn't good for it, but maybe it is a plant for salty soil conditions.  Just thinking scientifically.

Did you pee in the soil in the pot the plant  is in or directly on the leaves too.  I think the harm would come from getting pee on the leaves , burning them . It may be something you eat/ drink that is in your urine that the plant likes. I would your pee is reasonably diluted by hydration.  It also may depend on the species of plant. 

I deliberately tried to kill a weed out back by peeing on it most of the time I needed to go. I peed on the leaves. Within a week it began to turn brown shrivel up and die. Obviously a different type of plant. 

2 hours ago, DoctorDoctor said:

It sounds like your pee is good fertilizer. How big is the plant? Is it in a pot? Is it only morning pee? As long as the plant gets plenty of water the urea in your pee would be good fertilizer, but the salt isn't good for it, but maybe it is a plant for salty soil conditions.  Just thinking scientifically.

I drink plenty water such that my pee runs colourless most times, so thats not going to go anytime. I have peed on plants before and nothing ever happens.

But yeah the plant is in a massive pot, like not even joking kind of massive. If I want I can even sit in it lmaooo. Its like a soup bowl, but big. A bowl meant for ogres. 

The plant itself reaches just below my boobs and I'm 5'3. It gets good care and sun and water and everything.

I honestly don't know much about plants except that it should bloom when it's scorching and its the first time it did in 4 years

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, wettingman said:

Did you pee in the soil in the pot the plant  is in or directly on the leaves too.  I think the harm would come from getting pee on the leaves , burning them . It may be something you eat/ drink that is in your urine that the plant likes. I would your pee is reasonably diluted by hydration.  It also may depend on the species of plant. 

I deliberately tried to kill a weed out back by peeing on it most of the time I needed to go. I peed on the leaves. Within a week it began to turn brown shrivel up and die. Obviously a different type of plant. 

I keep myself really hydrated and my pee runs clear mostly, so its diluted plenty I'd hope.

I have a clean diet and rarely eat junk, so idk maybe that? But yeah I pee into the soil and not onto the plant itself.

And that's interesting because I have peed onto the same weed for ages but never seen it turning yellow or shriveled.. Like it doesn't look different you know?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Coral said:

You might be thinking, oh maybe my friend got some plant stuff for it. 

NOPE. She was just as surprised when she told me that that plant got 2 buds recently, and she doesn't understand why specially when she hasn't been doing anything special. Clearly my pee is magic.

Anyway, we now stay barely 5 mins away from each other, so we have stay overs every 2 to 3 days. And every time I stay over, been like a month, I pee into the plant every morning, which is a alot considering it's my first pee of the day. 

A bit of pee is good fertiliser for plants, but don't do it too often otherwise the plant will die because of too much nitrogen. I've killed a houseplant before by peeing too much into the plant pot.  I think the maximum amount of pee a large houseplant can handle is about one pee per week.

9 hours ago, Coral said:

And that's interesting because I have peed onto the same weed for ages but never seen it turning yellow or shriveled.. Like it doesn't look different you know?

Guess your urine is more diluted than mine, although I am fairly hydrated and my pee is a very lite yellow. Except for my first of the morning pee , which is darker ,which I also did on the weed.  I peed on the weed almost every time I had to go, so that  adds up to a lot of pee . That may make a difference. You may be peeing on a hardier plant.

Edited by wettingman
On 7/1/2024 at 11:10 PM, Justasailor said:

A bit of pee is good fertiliser for plants, but don't do it too often otherwise the plant will die because of too much nitrogen. I've killed a houseplant before by peeing too much into the plant pot.  I think the maximum amount of pee a large houseplant can handle is about one pee per week.

This plant looks more like a mini tree ngl... literally nothing ever happens to it

20 hours ago, wettingman said:

Guess your urine is more diluted than mine, although I am fairly hydrated and my pee is a very lite yellow. Except for my first of the morning pee , which is darker ,which I also did on the weed.  I peed on the weed almost every time I had to go, so that  adds up to a lot of pee . That may make a difference. You may be peeing on a hardier plant.

Yeah I think that's maybe the case