Geopishing

(Inspired by @Kupar’s rock and @Chrissy89’s accent)

Geocaching is an outdoor recreational activity, in which participants use a Global Positioning System receiver or mobile device and other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers, called "geocaches" or "caches", at specific locations marked by coordinates all over the world

This could be done with piss spots, couldn’t it? Though it might violate arranging-meet-up rules here, or at least be in the grey area, and also risks de-anonymising people by revealing location, so not everyone would be up for it…

• Love 2

This is a clever and fun idea. It wouldn't necessarily de-anonymise people if we were happy to provide coordinates for places we had visited - they wouldn't necessarily have to be close to home. You're not having the coordinates of my rock though ... that is too close to home!

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, oliver2 said:

(Inspired by @Kupar’s rock and @Chrissy89’s accent)

This could be done with piss spots, couldn’t it? Though it might violate arranging-meet-up rules here, or at least be in the grey area, and also risks de-anonymising people by revealing location, so not everyone would be up for it…

How would that work? Because in geocaching you have have hiders who create/place/publis the caches to the site for other people to find. Do you imagine publishing a location somewhere for other people to go to and pee? Or just logging  the locations you've peed in general wherever they are?

36 minutes ago, avatar said:

How would that work? Because in geocaching you have have hiders who create/place/publis the caches to the site for other people to find. Do you imagine publishing a location somewhere for other people to go to and pee? Or just logging  the locations you've peed in general wherever they are?

those caches could be bottles of pee maybe 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, avatar said:

Logging “good” pee spots, I guess, for other people to piss in, a bit like maps of good “wild swimming” places. These also suffer from annoyed landowners noticing swimmers and putting up fences, though I suspect outdoor-peeing fans maybe fewer in number. (If it became an app used by drunk people in towns to find good back alleys, I can imagine the sudden piss concentration causing problems, like when Waze sends hundreds of cars down your formerly quiet residential street)

Edited by oliver2
1 hour ago, Pee Sensei said:

those caches could be bottles of pee maybe 

Ooh. Different, but, yes, they could be. (Does bottled pee tend to go “off”, and can that be prevented? There was a discussion about that somewhere…)

4 hours ago, oliver2 said:

3 hours ago, Kupar said:

This is a clever and fun idea. It wouldn't necessarily de-anonymise people if we were happy to provide coordinates for places we had visited - they wouldn't necessarily have to be close to home. You're not having the coordinates of my rock though ... that is too close to home!

1 hour ago, oliver2 said:

Logging “good” pee spots, I guess, for other people to piss in, a bit like maps of good “wild swimming” places. These also suffer from annoyed landowners noticing swimmers and putting up fences, though I suspect outdoor-peeing fans maybe fewer in number. (If it became an app used by drunk people in towns to find good back alleys, I can imagine the sudden piss concentration causing problems, like when Waze sends hundreds of cars down your formerly quiet residential street)

Good critical thinking all.   I don’t think it becomes at risk of becoming a ‘meet up’ unless a place, time and date were all planned. It it’s not timebound the chances of any of the fairly small group of people in that part of the world randomly arriving at the same place at the same time has to be low?

And as far as giving away personal information, I’d never identify a spot at the end of my road, but I know of many public parks, car parks, streets, service stations etc in an hour’s drive which could be suitable.  Of course I can’t imaging anyone flying from overseas. 

One final point to note though - this part of PF last time I checked is open to view without the need for membership, so over and above a handful of us there could be a much larger audience.  Including perhaps some not so sympathetic or well intentioned individuals. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I like the idea.   I can see several facets that would work and a few drawbacks, but here are some thoughts.

In a geocache, you normally go to a location find the cache and as far as I know, you add to it or change something in the content, maybe take a pic to show you were there.   For the pee version, I think the obvious idea would be to pee there, take a pic of the puddle with some identifying feature of the location, publish the picture in a thread and give the geo location details plus any useful information such as “Great place to pee near shops in <town name>”

Any reader of the thread could look at locations which are in areas accessible to them, find the place, be pleased to know they visited somewhere that a fellow Peefan had peed, pee there themselves, take a picture and upload it to the thread.  I guess we would need a numbering or other identity code so that a poster can refer back to the relevant location. 

If we are to include pictures then it could go in the pictures forums which I believe are not accessible unless you are a member, so that would be beneficial.

The biggest drawback would be the fact that we are a widespread population of a relatively few contributing members.  Therefore chances of caches being close to you are pretty slim unless two members live close together or people do a lot of travelling. 

Edited by Alfresco
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1