Site Question / Help Issue with the DMs

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but right after joining this site I deactivated my dms and now I would like to re-activate it or like you get it back. However I don't see any option for it, so I was wondering if I'm missing something or is my dm dead forever and ever?

3 hours ago, Rosita said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but right after joining this site I deactivated my dms and now I would like to re-activate it or like you get it back. However I don't see any option for it, so I was wondering if I'm missing something or is my dm dead forever and ever?

Is it Livechat that you don't have?   If so, you may have the option to 'Turn ON member chat' from your profile:

- On a desktop browser, click your name on the site header bar and a dropdown list should appear.

- On a mobile browser, click the top right 'three bars' icon and then click on 'Account'.

In both cases, if Livechat is turned off then you should see the option to 'Turn ON member chat'.

Other than that @Admin - can you advise?

1 minute ago, Rosita said:

No I mean the DMs, the private chat? I disabled it , and I see no option to switch it back on in the settings or anywhere else

The private chat in the corner of the page? That is a gold member feature.

3 minutes ago, Sophie said:

The private chat in the corner of the page? That is a gold member feature.

No I mean the message option that shows up right beside the notifications option on a mobile browser

5 minutes ago, Thiscouldbeanywhere said:

No she means the DM's

Try under under your profile settings...there's a tab that says member chat on or off

I don't see any such thing under settings, no tabs or anything about chats

I think you mean the envelop icon?  In other words, the ability to message another member directly and privately?  If so, I did not know that you could turn that off.  I spent time trying to figure that out and could not find that ability.

1 hour ago, navesink01 said:

I think you mean the envelop icon?  In other words, the ability to message another member directly and privately?  If so, I did not know that you could turn that off.  I spent time trying to figure that out and could not find that ability.

Yeah there is a option for it