Questions for the ladies...."we need a urine sample"

10 hours ago, Keri said:

Peeing into a container is not exciting for me, but I enjoy watching other women pee in the containers.

Very interesting, unexpected reaction. Thanks for sharing. As a straight male, into messy female pisses, I am fascinated by the sampling process, involving the small, hand-held container, and the possibilities for stray dribbles and outright misses. The medical purpose is not relevant to me. It would be similar to watching a woman pee in a shot glass, wine glass, or champagne flute, all of which are quite common, in online imagery, in which many of the women appear to be showing off their skills, with smiles. The medical cup is just another container, with its own challenges, in my view.  It does give the appearance of greater intimacy than the other containers, because medical sampling is usually carried out in the most private of settings.

Edited by Dr.P
Added sentence for clarification of meaning.
  • Like 1

As an extension of the sampling question, for the ladies, how do you feel about using DIY pregnancy test devices, which require peeing on a plastic paddle, in a private setting, rather than collection and submission of a liquid sample? Have you ever used one of these devices? How did you manage it? Did you tuck it between your upper thighs, while keeping them close together? Or did you open your legs, or squat, and let fly? Did the inevitable back-splatter get your thighs, bum, hands, clothing, or the toilet seat wet? All of the above? Did that splatter gross you out, annoy you, not bother you, or was it exciting, in some way? (From the answers to the sampling question, so far, I assume that the answer to the excitement question will be negative, in most cases.)  Finally, would you enjoy or be excited by watching other women use one of these devices, following up on the comment of Keri, in her post of 10/24/22?

If there is interest in this question, we may post it as a new topic, but it seems to be closely related to the sampling question, at this point. Photos or videos showing the use of these devices would be welcome, of course. Dr.P.

All pee fetishes aside, it pisses me off (no pun intended) that the medical equipment industry hasn't devised a more user friendly receptacle for women than the same tiny ass cup that men use. I mean, how long has this been a problem? How many women gave urine samples before one noticed the impracticality of this collection method? Are we to believe women in previous centuries had more manageable streams? It's so fucking inconsiderate and phallocentric. The medical industry is full of women why hasn't this been fixed? It's like that whole lack of pockets in women's pants thing. 

• Agree 1

To be fair, with a little engineering experience (non-medical), I have trouble imagining women lining up for a trial of a urine receptical specifically for women. I’m sure the study would be hot, but how would you attract participants?

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, PissDude said:

To be fair, with a little engineering experience (non-medical), I have trouble imagining women lining up for a trial of a urine receptical specifically for women. I’m sure the study would be hot, but how would you attract participants?

A successful design would likely not be a change to the container, but an attachment or accessory for it. There are good reasons for the container being small and of a simple shape, in terms of the laboratory workers being able to move it around readily on their bench and being easily able to read off the volume of urine inside. Nobody would make a test tube or beaker in the shape of a pan. So that leaves something wide and appropriately shaped to collect the urine from the body, yet with an opening that can channel or empty the liquid into a smaller, lab-practical container. The biggest problem, I suspect, is finding something that will not contaminate the sample, either from something on/in itself, or by allowing splashing off the skin of the patient. I suspect that's the real reason nothing has been done about it--you want the sample to be as close to "straight from the source" as possible. Maybe someone could make a version of the "Shewee" that is packed in a vacuum sealed-sterile packaging and can be tossed in the trash after a sample is collected, like a pair of gloves would be.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, PissDude said:

I imagine the woman who designs/engineers would likely be the first to test it. It's not like building an experimental aircraft, where you need a test pilot. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Carb0nBased said:

A successful design would likely not be a change to the container, but an attachment or accessory for it. There are good reasons for the container being small and of a simple shape, in terms of the laboratory workers being able to move it around readily on their bench and being easily able to read off the volume of urine inside. Nobody would make a test tube or beaker in the shape of a pan. So that leaves something wide and appropriately shaped to collect the urine from the body, yet with an opening that can channel or empty the liquid into a smaller, lab-practical container. The biggest problem, I suspect, is finding something that will not contaminate the sample, either from something on/in itself, or by allowing splashing off the skin of the patient. I suspect that's the real reason nothing has been done about it--you want the sample to be as close to "straight from the source" as possible. Maybe someone could make a version of the "Shewee" that is packed in a vacuum sealed-sterile packaging and can be tossed in the trash after a sample is collected, like a pair of gloves would be.

That's why I said receptacle rather than container.

Actually, those are kind of the same thing aren't they? I meant a device for receiving and directing. Yeah, like a shewee I guess.

THIS is yet another reason we need more girls in Stem programs. 

Edited by Takashi96
Clarification
  • Agree 1