How common for girls to try peeing facing the toilet and standing?

I remember on this or another board, folks were discussing girls/women trying to pee in the toilet while standing up and facing it, like a guy would. Someone asked who had tried it, and a woman responded with something to the effect of, "Hasn't everyone at some point?" I was wondering to what extent that is true: Do most girls, at some point in their lives, try peeing in the toilet standing up--maybe because they know a male sibling does it that way, or simply out of sheer curiosity? Relatedly, have you tried it? And if so, what was the result?

Well I did try it as a child and my guess is that many girls try it at some point. I know about a friend of mine who would often pee sitting on the toilet but facing the wall. My bet is that that habit evolved from trying to pee standing up.

• Love 1

I do it sometimes when I'm home, but not always when I'm in public places. Mostly because my aim is not good (yet! 😉) and usually some of the stream runs down my legs. Which isn't a bad thing lol when I don't care about getting floor wet I'll do it or if I'm wearing a skirt/dress. Or I don't care about getting my pants wet

5 hours ago, p1ssputz said:

Not a lady, but I would think that simple curiosity would allow at least one attempt in the first 20 years of someone's life - whether as children or as teenagers. It seems statistically feasible although I have no way to back this up.

Someone I know very well once told me, she tried as a very small child...   Well she saw her younger brother make the step from pure potty pee to standing in front of the toilet.  And if he could, then surely she at one year older than him could stand too.  Not above but in front of the toilet.  Apparently her parents found it amusing and didn't punish her when they were cleaning up the mess. 

• Haha 1

I can only speak for myself, but I do it. I don't sit to pee, except if I have to. Yes, I am a clitoris owner. A biological female.

Like most boys, I would imagine, I learned outside to begin with before doing it in the loo. Though these days, I tend to use the sink to save water. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Eliminature said:

I can only speak for myself, but I do it. I don't sit to pee, except if I have to. Yes, I am a clitoris owner. A biological female.

Like most boys, I would imagine, I learned outside to begin with before doing it in the loo. Though these days, I tend to use the sink to save water. 

Have you considered installing a waterless urinal in your home?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Eliminature said:

Wait, the sink?  Isn't that like 750mm, at least, off the ground?  Or do you climb up and squat over it?