Car enthusiasts?

6 minutes ago, Hightower said:

The original Viper is a dream car for me, I drive like a cunt though so I'd definitely end up putting it through a tree backwards

Yea that wouldn’t good its pretty nice car for experience drivers but it also shouldn’t be someone’s first car 

• 1 month later...

Guess I'm going to have to give this topic a little kick as I have a new car now, which is more of a "car guy" car than what I had 😁

I used to have a company car, a Kia Picanto. It was a 2018 model which came pretty much full options. For the size it is a very well driving car I must admit and the small 67hp engine is quite ok as well in the flat country that is The Netherlands. I drove it from for 6 years, from 0km on the clock all the way to 132k km. 

However, the contract for it ended and I wanted to have my own car again. The budget was a little lower than expected after having a baby and also moving in with my girlfriend, so having to buy strollers, kitchens, furniture, cribs and all that kind of stuff. The car I bought was older and had more km's on it than I initially wanted but I am now the proud owner of a BMW 3-series. It's a 2006 320i to be exact, the E90 for Bimmer enthousiasts! Even though it's 12 years older than the Kia and has 230k km on the clock, it is driving so much better! It does have some nice options as well that I didn't have on my Picanto (dual zone climate control, rain sensor, self dimming rear view mirror) although I do miss the modern infotainment like Android Auto and Bluetooth connection that my Kia had. 

I got it from a good friend of mine who had it for 10 years and took great care of it, so the car drives really well. I never owned a Bimmer before but drove some and they just handle like nothing else. Also the 320i seems to be a great sweet spot between nice performance and the much higher maintenance and fuel costs for the 6-cilinders.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JDG said:

Guess I'm going to have to give this topic a little kick as I have a new car now, which is more of a "car guy" car than what I had 😁

I used to have a company car, a Kia Picanto. It was a 2018 model which came pretty much full options. For the size it is a very well driving car I must admit and the small 67hp engine is quite ok as well in the flat country that is The Netherlands. I drove it from for 6 years, from 0km on the clock all the way to 132k km. 

However, the contract for it ended and I wanted to have my own car again. The budget was a little lower than expected after having a baby and also moving in with my girlfriend, so having to buy strollers, kitchens, furniture, cribs and all that kind of stuff. The car I bought was older and had more km's on it than I initially wanted but I am now the proud owner of a BMW 3-series. It's a 2006 320i to be exact, the E90 for Bimmer enthousiasts! Even though it's 12 years older than the Kia and has 230k km on the clock, it is driving so much better! It does have some nice options as well that I didn't have on my Picanto (dual zone climate control, rain sensor, self dimming rear view mirror) although I do miss the modern infotainment like Android Auto and Bluetooth connection that my Kia had. 

I got it from a good friend of mine who had it for 10 years and took great care of it, so the car drives really well. I never owned a Bimmer before but drove some and they just handle like nothing else. Also the 320i seems to be a great sweet spot between nice performance and the much higher maintenance and fuel costs for the 6-cilinders.

My wife has a 2012 328i it's a nice car just does have 100,000 miles on it. It has the twin turbo four cylinder with the 8 speed automatic transmission.  It's comfortable and peppy! But repairs are outrageous.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nutinfancy said:

My wife has a 2012 328i it's a nice car just does have 100,000 miles on it. It has the twin turbo four cylinder with the 8 speed automatic transmission.  It's comfortable and peppy! But repairs are outrageous.

Sounds like a nice car! In the generation I have there are no turbo engines, the 323i is the next step up from the 320 and that's a 6-cilinder already. As a car guy I'd have loved to get a 6-cilinder as I never owned one, but with the amount of kilometres I drive the 320 is way more sensible. It has 150hp which is more than enough, but I'm happy to not have a 316 or 318. 

I have a 6-speed manual, just the way it is in Europe! But I don't mind too much. 

• Like 2