Site Error / Bug 200 error when uploading images

I click the "Click to choose files" below the text box and navigate to a photo. The little uploading box at the bottom appears and I get the usual progress bar but once it is complete I get a pop up with the exclamation point and ok button saying nothing but "-200". The upload box then says "upload failed" I have tried different images with various file sizes. Links still automatically embed fine. 

@Kupar is also reporting the same error but I am unsure how they are uploading files. 

Ps - while I am on the topic, who has access to the upload feature? I think I was asked to help test it but I'm unsure if this is a staff only feature, available to gold members only or if everyone has access to it. Thanks! 

9 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I click the "Click to choose files" below the text box and navigate to a photo. The little uploading box at the bottom appears and I get the usual progress bar but once it is complete I get a pop up with the exclamation point and ok button saying nothing but "-200". The upload box then says "upload failed" I have tried different images with various file sizes. Links still automatically embed fine. 

@Kupar is also reporting the same error but I am unsure how they are uploading files. 

Ps - while I am on the topic, who has access to the upload feature? I think I was asked to help test it but I'm unsure if this is a staff only feature, available to gold members only or if everyone has access to it. Thanks! 

Thanks for raising this @Sophie. I had tried reducing the file size, but it didn't make a difference.

Edited by Kupar
3 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Interesting... I can upload a png just fine but I haven't succeeded with any jpg I have tried. File type specific? 

Happy-Test-Screen-01-825x510.png

Just tried png rather than jpg on my post and yes, that worked

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Admin said:

Indeed, seems to be specifically jpgs. Please let me know if any other issues arise - I'm looking into it. 

I've just done an upload test with various jpgs from 4MB down to a 300KB image and all failed to upload (Safari on iMac).

Same when trying to add an 80KB jpg on my iPhone.

1 minute ago, Sophie said:

Who has the ability to use the upload feature, everyone? 

Yep, everyone can upload (that's logged in). For security reasons everyone can only upload gif, jpg and png files though. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Admin said:

Yep, everyone can upload (that's logged in). For security reasons everyone can only upload gif, jpg and png files though. 

Are we talking about the same thing...   I also understood that everyone could upload a still image or gif to a post. I certainly used to before Gold membership.

Yesterday I noticed a new(?) icon - or at least I'd never seen it before in the live chat box next to the emoji button - which allows me to select an image from my computer to appear in live chat.  Is that new and who has it?

Untitled.png

• Like 1