Public outdoor urinals

There are quite a few in the Camden area, and I think some in the West End too.

I've seen a girl use one to squat on ground level so her stream goes down the drain, but never in the proper sense.

Edited by pwpj
  • 4 months later...
On 11/4/2020 at 9:32 AM, Eliminature said:

I definitely would like to try the Vauxhall urinal. In broad daylight would be fine. As long as I have a male chaperone to keep me safe. 

I'll bet some of the mature gents (I mean mature as in attitude as opposed to chronological age) on this website would enjoy being my male chaperone. 

I hope that male chaperone will take some pics or vids for the rest of us folks. 😜

On 11/4/2020 at 2:32 PM, Eliminature said:

I definitely would like to try the Vauxhall urinal. In broad daylight would be fine. As long as I have a male chaperone to keep me safe. 

I'll bet some of the mature gents (I mean mature as in attitude as opposed to chronological age) on this website would enjoy being my male chaperone. 

This is on my bucket list, as well as the Victorian One in Bristol.  Alas the woman who offered to visit it with me fell in love and departed up North so that never happened.  Will definitely visit both once wild travelling is safely back on the agenda.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, p1ssputz said:

I read "Vauxhall urinal" and thought you guys were referring to the car company (as in "he drives a Vauxhall"), so when someone said "I'd like to use the Vauxhall one" I initially thought that meant taking a piss in a car. Took a completely different turn for me, heh.

I assume you worked it out, but it is the public urinal in Vauxhall.   It is very public and good fun to use.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 10:57 PM, Eliminature said:

I'm sure you gentlemen wouldn't mind sharing! 

Bristol's best for peeing when the Harbourside festival is on, the temporary toilets come out all weekend including open sided urinal troughs.  As the booze flows, so does the pissing. 

• Like 2

Wow didn’t know we had some open exposed urinal in uk especially in London as I travel down there sometimes. So the law is broken and we can actually pee in public as long as we aren’t exposing our parts ? 😂

I don’t know if I be brave enough to use it but sounds fun and something that I can try. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Wolfpee said:

So the law is broken and we can actually pee in public as long as we aren’t exposing our parts ?

{Disclaimer - I have no legal training or specific knowledge so take this at face value and make your own judgements following your own research}

Well, it is a complex situation and depends a lot on interpretation, but I believe that there is no law prohibiting public urination as such.   Some areas have by-laws which prohibit it and I guess that areas with exposed public urinals would have their by-laws suitably worded to permit urination in urinals.  If the by-law specifically bans peeing in public, then that is the mechanism that the police would be most likely to charge you with.

As I understand it, usually, if the police fine people for public urination, it is under one of the other laws - most commonly I believe the offence is Outraging Public Decency, Exposure, or a Public Disorder offence.

Exposure is designed for catching people who deliberately expose themselves to others with the intention of causing harassment, alarm or distress.  So, if you are discrete and make a decent effort to shield yourself, then you shouldn't fall foul of this one.

Outraging Public Decency would require you to carry out an act which is lewd, obscene or disgusting character, would have to outrage minimum standards as assessed by a jury and must be proved as a plainly indecent act carried out in public in front of two or more people - again, if you make an effort to be discrete, I would think you would be unlikely to get any issues there.   Apparently the last time someone was brought to court for Outraging Public Decency was 1989 and that was nothing to do with peeing.   

Public order offences are the area that you are most likely to be charged under in terms of national law and then it would most likely for being drunk and disorderly.

Depending on what you pee on, there is a possibly option of being charged with criminal damage - I would have thought that would only apply if you peed on property such as clothing in a shop or maybe even carpets.

It seems that the most likely way of being charged would be an on the spot fine under local bylaws - or some places the police issue mops and buckets and embarrass people by a public display of cleaning up after themselves.  For example, Brighton by laws prohibit public urination with a penalty of £150 on the spot fine, but in Manchester  there is no such bylaw and police use the mop and bucket option.  Having said that, I've seen countless people peeing in Brighton and I've never seen police take any notice.

In reality, prosecutions are extremely rare.  I have peed outside more times that I could ever consider counting and I've never been charged.  I did once get challenged by a policeman, but that was at lunch time in a side street in London where I peed in a corner near some flats.  I just said I didn't know the area (not entirely true), was bursting for a pee (true), the public toilet was locked (true) and was trying to get to a meeting on time so I didn't have time to go hunting and didn't want to turn up at the customer with wet trousers (true).  He just told me to be more careful about selecting a hidden location next time as women and children could have seen what I was doing.  I apologised and that was the end of it.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...