Annoying people and blocking

Sweets

@Admin @steve25805 @Sophie

i know that we can ignore someone on here. But when we do that they can still see our post and comment. And they can still send us messages. Is it possible to get a block like Facebook.  When they are blocked they can’t see your post let alone comment.  You don’t see any of their post or comment. And they can’t message you.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sweets said:

@Admin @steve25805 @Sophie

i know that we can ignore someone on here. But when we do that they can still see our post and comment. And they can still send us messages. Is it possible to get a block like Facebook.  When they are blocked they can’t see your post let alone comment.  You don’t see any of their post or comment. And they can’t message you.  

I like the way Facebook blocks work. Whether or not that can be done here is down to Admin.

But if anyone is being particularly annoying to you, report them to us with an example and a comment about what they are doing. We will look into it. In worst cases they can be banned. We can also warn them off what they are doing with  a private message which they could be banned for if they ignore.

I reported a few on a post earlier that wasn’t bothering me but another member.  As I read thru it I felt bad for her.   And I have had the same annoyance from one of the members myself. 

• Like 1

When adding someone to your ignore list, you can tick 'messages' and 'chatbox' as well as posts. This is effectively the same as a block where you can see nothing from them on the site and they can't contact you.

But as steve said, if that's becoming necessary, please report them or pm me directly if there's an issue so mods can deal with it.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Sweets said:

I reported a few on a post earlier that wasn’t bothering me but another member.  As I read thru it I felt bad for her.   And I have had the same annoyance from one of the members myself. 

I should have acted against that member but chose not to because the lady concerned did not herself report it. Apologies, I should have been more pro-active. I believe Admin has now had a word. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

I should have acted against that member but chose not to because the lady concerned did not herself report it. Apologies, I should have been more pro-active. I believe Admin has now had a word. 

In which case @Admin have already reacted to the message I've just sent.   Disappointing when a new member is doing their best to be friendly and responsive to questions but is getting bombarded by more and more specific multiple questions.  Of course we could all be talking of different posts and members here 😉

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

It ok you made a judgement call.  I’ve just ran across the one person many times with the same annoying questions.  It one thing to ask once but to keep going is a little much.   When I first came here I didn’t report things either.  I let it slide. But after being here for awhile. You start to see a pattern.  I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.  And try not to be that person who gets offended by every little thing.   But I also realize if we don’t bring things to your attention nothing improves.  And y’all can’t be everywhere all the time. I appreciate all your hard work and thanks for making this a great place to come. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1