Technology

Scot_Lover

Do you embrace it or hate it?

I don't want this to degenerate into a rant over Google or anything, just want to know what you think.

Maigh has gotten hooked on a Google home mini, the thing you talk to, and it responds in kind. She says good morning to the thing, and it rattles off the time, weather and what ever appointments we have (entered into the shared google calendar) for the day. When she is home, she will get it to play Spotify or any number of radio stations. This is the same girl who hated a Samsung S9 (recently updated to S10) because it was ’too complicated’ lol. 

So, what do you think? Love it, hate it?

I have to say,  I love technology.

I mean all types of technology.

Air conditioning,  electricity, running water in homes,  modern medicines,  motorised transport, stainless steel,  even bicycles are technology.  Life would be brutal and short without these things.

The internet,  of course.  Having the knowledge of the world instantly at my fingertips is a privilege beyond price.  I remember the days of digging through books and libraries to find only small bits and pieces of what is on the Internet today.  To lose it now would feel like brain damage.  I also love the way it allows me to talk with people anywhere in the world who share my interests.

I resisted having a smartphone for a few years,  but now I have one it is an amazingly useful tool.  I have used it to keep from getting lost in an unfamiliar city,  to learn a new language,  and for countless other things.

You can definitely count me in the "love technology" group.

I don't hate tech itself but i hate what it has done. Now so many are siting in their rooms alone all day playing games etc instead of hanging out irl. Also instead of tallking to eachotter at the table people tallk to someone else far away on snap. And also we are being traced with google etc. But i also love the good things with it, for example being able to write here.

• Like 1

I love it and hate it at the same time as well. I run fairly modern dark equipment that has alot of technology in it. 

Alot of technology I can live without lol. Google home, Alexa are a few that come to mind lol. I also think that kids now a days don't have an imagination anymore because they have an electronic device to play with instead of being outside