I'm sorry but I don't share my stories with people.

I totally respect your decision, iam sure everyone here does. What's important is its therapeutic for you. We all have coping mechanisms and do diffrent things to help deal with stress. Yours is writing, I hope you never stop writing 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

@Blackinksoul30, obviously your writing is a great help to you personally in a very cathartic way, but your experiences of sharing with others has not been.

I understand. I hope we all understand. If you don't wish to share but write only for you and if that helps you, then great.

In my younger days - way before the internet - I used to write pee stories using old fashioned pen and paper. Dinosaurs still roamed the earth in those days, lol. Such stories were only ever written for my pleasure. I never had the slightest intention of sharing them with anyone at the time and never did. Writing just for yourself is a concept I understand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Guest UnabashedUser
3 hours ago, owlman76 said:

I totally see where you're coming from, I used to write stuff on a large well known site, I gave up due to criticisms of my writing style, I remember writing an excellent piece, yet I still had people commenting things like ' there should be a comma there' , or ' that sentence is too long' , or 'that's not grammatically correct' .

Well so bleeding what, most people don't SPEAK correctly, look at PROPER, English, technically words like 'don't ' , or 'shouldn't '  do not actually exist! yet we use these words every day, so therefore NONE of us really speak correctly, so how can ANYONE, criticise, someone else,s writing or speaking style.

I'm a technical writer by trade and I agree with you on this point. The grammar Nazi's that are picking on punctuation, etc. are missing the big point of any communication that's going on in the piece they're criticizing. Usually such nit-pickers tend to be inflated egotists who can't write their way out of a wet brown paper bag and whose only enjoyment in life is bitching and fault finding in others.  To wit: assholes. 

Keep writing, bro.

Don't let the assholes get you down. 

Ofc i respect your decision but let me just tell you one thing here you never have to worry about getting your writing ripped to shreds we are a tight community kinda like a litle online family haha and if anyone would insult you or your writing that punk would get thrown the fuck out of here faster then a bullet and @spywareonya would problaby curse him/her but anyway good luck with your writing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1