Jump to content
Click here to remove ads | Want your website/message here?
F.W

DE-inventions.

Recommended Posts

On 4/12/2019 at 8:34 AM, speedy3471 said:

My old flip phones had better service than any smart phone I've owned haha. They are good at sending emails, texting surfing the web etc but suck as an actual phone hahaha

The older phones had better antennas and power because the older cell towers were further away. If you're at the edge of coverage the older phones beat the new ones hands down.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post

GOLD members can watch NEW & Exclusive Spywareonya Pee Videos in Full HD... Click HERE to upgrade now!

23 minutes ago, UnabashedUser said:

The older phones had better antennas and power because the older cell towers were further away. If you're at the edge of coverage the older phones beat the new ones hands down.

I experienced this with my old phone

Before starting to make big work, I had an old Samsung which could barely sent messages and make calls

Days of never ending battery, hours and hours of non-stop chats without the slightest problems, and it happened just once I was without coverage, and I was partecipating in a paid visit to a CAVE

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Adjustable jawed "crescent" wrench.  Rapidly  they become slackjawed and useless, dangerously so as they're then very prone to slippage under load leading to smashed fingers when they let go. Busted knuckles, skinned fingers  things to look for on a good mechanic who knows his stuff.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, UnabashedUser said:

Adjustable jawed "crescent" wrench.  Rapidly  they become slackjawed and useless, dangerously so as they're then very prone to slippage under load leading to smashed fingers when they let go. Busted knuckles, skinned fingers  things to look for on a good mechanic who knows his stuff.

Holy fuck they should be outlawed!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, UnabashedUser said:

Adjustable jawed "crescent" wrench.  Rapidly  they become slackjawed and useless, dangerously so as they're then very prone to slippage under load leading to smashed fingers when they let go. Busted knuckles, skinned fingers  things to look for on a good mechanic who knows his stuff.

Many times I've skinned my knuckles using then Haha. I've never actually broken any knuckles with them, you a few guys who have tho

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, UnabashedUser said:

The older phones had better antennas and power because the older cell towers were further away. If you're at the edge of coverage the older phones beat the new ones hands down.

The old analog phones were 3 watts, the digital one 0.3watts of power. Know wonder why they don't work as well.

On my farm i use 50watt VHF two way radios, they have about a 60km range

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

they have about a 60km range

NOW THAT is power ahahahahha

A phone with that power would make my head to grow two more eyes in a week ahahaha

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, speedy3471 said:

The old analog phones were 3 watts, the digital one 0.3watts of power. Know wonder why they don't work as well.

On my farm i use 50watt VHF two way radios, they have about a 60km range

The current run of Chinese VHF/UHF transceivers is excellent value for the money. Baofeng, Quansheng, handhelds at 40 dollars and 50w mobiles around 130 dollars. Same factories produce the pricey Motorolas using the same technology.  You really need them in agriculture.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, UnabashedUser said:

The current run of Chinese VHF/UHF transceivers is excellent value for the money. Baofeng, Quansheng, handhelds at 40 dollars and 50w mobiles around 130 dollars. Same factories produce the pricey Motorolas using the same technology.  You really need them in agriculture.

The Radios I run are vertex standard. With a multi frequency antenna and the bracket they run about $400.00 here

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, spywareonya said:

NOW THAT is power ahahahahha

A phone with that power would make my head to grow two more eyes in a week ahahaha

Hahahahahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post

The trouble is, as much as I hate the phone permanately attached to me, I seem to rely on it more than ever. 

My servers in the garage are available to me anywhere, the Microsoft Azure account is available anywhere, if any of my 6 clients have a problem, I'm onto it in minutes. 

If I ever lost my phone, I'd be in a world of hurt, because of the weird logon requirements of Azure, I can access it via Powershell with no administrator password, it's horrible. Everything at home is available on my phone, it's scary what I can do, even more scary that I allowed it, lol. 

Would I give it up? No, because it's so handy, so helpful, so useful. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, UnabashedUser said:

The current run of Chinese VHF/UHF transceivers is excellent value for the money. Baofeng, Quansheng, handhelds at 40 dollars and 50w mobiles around 130 dollars. Same factories produce the pricey Motorolas using the same technology.  You really need them in agriculture.

We use Mitex on our farm, they've got a range of about 6 miles on a 5watt output, I've got a Leixen in my Landrover, that has a much longer range, I can call up from home on that and reach the farm. As you say radios are a vital bit of kit.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, owlman76 said:

We use Mitex on our farm, they've got a range of about 6 miles on a 5watt output, I've got a Leixen in my Landrover, that has a much longer range, I can call up from home on that and reach the farm. As you say radios are a vital bit of kit.

Our farm would be lost without radios. Even in a developed country like Canada we have fields without cell phone signal haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...