A year of peeing in pools

On 3/3/2022 at 6:31 AM, Maggie_555 said:

Oh yes it's pure fantasy, it's never going to happen in real life.  150 people are not going to travel from all over the world simply for the purpose of spending 12 days or so repeatedly peeing in the same hotel pool!! 😃  (For each of us to make sure we never peed anywhere else but in the pool would give limited scope for visiting tourist attractions in the area for example.)  I still love the thought of it though.  

I'd be in! That sounds like a great vacation idea! 

• Like 1
On 3/8/2022 at 5:17 AM, Spectacle said:

Think of that. The whole wide ocean all around you, and you still leave your piss in the swimming pool on the deck. Keep that pollution in one place!

The pollution will soon be spread and diluted though - the swimming pools are emptied and refilled regularly and that water goes into the ocean.   A lot of cruise ship swimming pools are salt water - they simply take the water from the sea, use it for a day and then swap it for clean, filtered sea water over night with appropriate addition of chlorine.  Some ships use "freeflowing sea water" which means that the water is continuously cycled as water new water is added and old water removed throughout the day.   This is similar to the normal filtration cycle of a pool, but instead of recirculating the water via a filter, new water is passed in through the filter.  Some ships do use fresh water rather than salt water, so I suspect the water in these is changed less frequently as it would require desalination of the water taken in from the sea.

https://emmacruises.com/cruise-lines-drain-the-swimming-pools-at-night-heres-why/

https://emmacruises.com/some-cruise-ship-pools-are-salt-water-some-fresh-heres-which/

The websites say about swapping the water as it gets dirty from things like sunscreen - they don't mention pee, but that is most likely another reason for swapping the water as there are so many people using the small pools and you can guarantee a good proportion of them are also using them as their personal toilets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting this @Alfresco as I've never been on a cruise.  When @Spectacle suggested this for the '150 people from here pee in a pool' fantasy I at first thought he'd found the best idea. 🙂  To feed my craving for a pool containing 5% urine I was hoping pools on ships would retain the same water (unchanged) at least from port to port - as on a trans-Atlantic crossing I'd be expecting a very strong 'chlorine' smell from the pool toward the end! 😉  Although you've 'burst my bubble' it's still good to know the reality on most long-distance cruises.

By the way, talking about this has helped me to understand my particular 'twist' on our fetish.  As a kid I remember overhearing my mum and dad talking excitedly about strong 'chlorine' smells in local public pools when they were growing up.  Perhaps I shouldn't have sneakily listened (and perhaps they should have been more careful too) but I did enjoy hearing them talking.      

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Maggie_555 said:

Thanks for posting this @Alfresco as I've never been on a cruise.  When @Spectacle suggested this for the '150 people from here pee in a pool' fantasy I at first thought he'd found the best idea. 🙂  To feed my craving for a pool containing 5% urine I was hoping pools on ships would retain the same water (unchanged) at least from port to port - as on a trans-Atlantic crossing I'd be expecting a very strong 'chlorine' smell from the pool toward the end! 😉  Although you've 'burst my bubble' it's still good to know the reality on most long-distance cruises.

By the way, talking about this has helped me to understand my particular 'twist' on our fetish.  As a kid I remember overhearing my mum and dad talking excitedly about strong 'chlorine' smells in local public pools when they were growing up.  Perhaps I shouldn't have sneakily listened (and perhaps they should have been more careful too) but I did enjoy hearing them talking.      

Sorry to have burst your bubble, but on the other hand, it is great to know that during any given day (between water changes), lots of people are peeing in what are generally small pools - especially the hot tubs.  It is also great fun to watch out for who is making special trips to the pool or hot tub for just a minute or two and also fun to sit in the hot tubs and have people come and pee next to you.   Also fun to pee there myself whilst others are right next to me.  

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Alfresco said:

Sorry to have burst your bubble, but on the other hand, it is great to know that during any given day (between water changes), lots of people are peeing in what are generally small pools - especially the hot tubs.  It is also great fun to watch out for who is making special trips to the pool or hot tub for just a minute or two and also fun to sit in the hot tubs and have people come and pee next to you.   Also fun to pee there myself whilst others are right next to me.  

Hmm... Perhaps you haven't 'burst my bubble after all, now having mentioned the generally small size of the pools and the huge number of people who are peeing in them.  On a cruise ship it must be fun to watch people getting into a pool or a hot tub for just a short time - obviously only in there for a pee!   I must say I like your comment, "Also fun to pee there myself whilst others are right next to me." 😉

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Maggie_555 said:

On a cruise ship it must be fun to watch people getting into a pool or a hot tub for just a short time - obviously only in there for a pee!

yes, definitely.   I have a lot of fun people watching on ships - especially around pool areas.
I posted in more detail about a couple of these accounts here:

https://peefans.com/topic/21280-hot-tub-pee-etiquette/?do=findComment&comment=290728

one of them is a more detailed account of the girl I mentioned above.

Edited by Alfresco
  • Like 1