How to know one's Totem

spywareonya

The process you are describing, @spywareonya, sounds pretty much how psychics and those with an interest and belief in such things have written about how to encourage or invoke an out of body experience, by which their soul leaves their body and can range free.

It sounds like the right frame of relaxed mind is essential and I rarely get that. But one day when all is right I might give it a go.

Are you yourself able to know people's totems or can they only be discovered by the person himself or herself?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

The process you are describing, @spywareonya, sounds pretty much how psychics and those with an interest and belief in such things have written about how to encourage or invoke an out of body experience, by which their soul leaves their body and can range free.

An OBE (Out of Body Experience) is something LIMITLESSLY harder

It is when your soul uses your brain as a router while roaming free

It is not augmented self-hypnosys, it is actually a phisical thing. People during OBE can fly in another room, see the number somebody is making with his fingers, get back in his body, and tell the numbers as he actually SAW it. It is not like seeing the future, or the past, or a secret of somebody touching it. You are ACTUALLY going around from your body in another place. And nobody really is able to do that. 99% of those who claim, were just making a lucid dream, that is cool enough but absolutely not the same thing. I had an OBE only once and was both incredible and awful, as you cannot think rationally, you feel like you are a nerve contantly hammered by perceptions, and your deep character overrun your rational thinking. You feel electric but also incredibly shaken like through a 150 mph wind. It also lasted only for a minute, no more, and I had a terrible fever subsequent days.

Do you remember the thread about the Gods? "Blue" teaches you that. I am not yet at Her initiations

9 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

Are you yourself able to know people's totems or can they only be discovered by the person himself or herself?

Not even the most powerful Witch can go that far. I could ask the Gods, They know, but usually They refuse to tell. Sometimes the Gods limit the amount of questions Witches poses to Them, as a way to avoid that Witches go around with an attitude of "knows best".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Do totems change or can you have more than one? I have undergone exercises similar to what you describe in the past, although not exactly as you described. There are two animals that have shown up for me on the mental voyages I have taken. It is interesting to me that it is almost always one of the two. Are they both my totem?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, nopjans said:

Do totems change or can you have more than one? I have undergone exercises similar to what you describe in the past, although not exactly as you described. There are two animals that have shown up for me on the mental voyages I have taken. It is interesting to me that it is almost always one of the two. Are they both my totem?

No

Only one

The other one is your brain side-thinking to interact with the portions of the actual one you are not ready to accept

If you don't like to tell it publicly, maybe PM me about them

Or if you prefer, simply write here

Mine is the arctic fox

Indeed, write it publicly only if you feel like

When somebody knows your totem, you are more vulnerable to people hashtagging you and even manipulating you on an occult stance

I serenely admit my own because I would be quite amused to see what happens to somebody trying to attack me on an occult level

Popcorn while watching him losing job, love, and health in a few weeks

The Gods can be… well… different from what people expect from Gods of "white" magick, when one of Their actual Generals is attacked...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Do you have to do this yourself?

Maigh an I had this done at a Native Indian Resevation, quite some time ago. The old guy who did it went into some kind of trance, creepy to watch, smelly pipe smoke, chanting, the whole thing.

I came up as having a Timber Wolf as mine, and Maigh was supposedly a female Deer.

This cost us $20 each, but he was mumbling something strange and gave my $20 back, he looked a little shaken by the whole thing. (It just could have been part of the show, too)

image.jpeg

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Scot_Lover said:

Timber Wolf as mine, and Maigh was supposedly a female Deer.

Then she is more powerful than you hahahahaha

The Deer Totem is among the strongest

But also the Wolf is great

The wolf means relying utterly on oneself, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel whenever wherever, and enduring misfortune with inner strenght, overcoming in the end

It means also that you attract great-yet-sensitive-thus-suffering people, and you are able to guide them along unthrodden paths, maybe unusual but effective

The Deer is sheer occult power. Almost possessed by itself, it's the will to live, and the energy at the purest state. it is not necessrily constantly optimistic, as (this is subtle) indeed as it is very strong, it dares to analize sad situations and even often got itself entagled in them, but never surrenders, out of sheer energetic intensity

it is also very creative and sexually overpowerful

• Love 3