What concerts have you been to?

• 5 months later...

Pull up a chair and pour yourself a cup of coffee.  LOL!  I'm not bragging, I'm just old and have been to many concerts.  I've always wanted to make a list and now, thanks to Blackinksoul30, I can.  I started being taken to rock concerts by my dad, then my drum teacher at the age of  9.  Here's the list...

Cream

Blood, Sweat, & Tears (4X)

Blind Faith

Rolling Stones (3X)

Jefferson Airplane

Uriah Heep

George Harrison

Bee Gees (2X, pre-disco era, tremendous!)

Fleetwood Mac (worst live band ever!)

Eric Clapton

Santana

B.B. King

Genesis (4X, once w/Peter Gabriel as singer)

Peter Gabriel (Solo, 4X)

David Bowie (2X, 1976 & 1978, best singer I ever heard live!)

Bob Seger

Kansas

Queen

Culture Club

Emerson, Lake, & Palmer

Deep Purple

Duran Duran

Steve Miller

Chicago

Procol Harum (My Fave!)

Steppenwolf

Yes

Miles Davis

plus many others that I cannot recall...these are the main artists that come to mind.  I'm sure I'll remember others later, but won't update it as it's sorta ridiculous.  LOL!  (List is not in chronological order.)

Edited by 2prnot2p
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Hot 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Brian Wilson three times (Twice with Al Jardine, once with the Beach Boys for the 2012 reunion concert.)

Weird Al Yankovic.

Video Games Live (Basically an orchestra doing video game music in a classically arranged style. Organized by video game composer Tommy Tallirico (who is Steven Tyler's cousin.)

Believe that's it. 

• Like 1

I never got to see the Beach Boys, but I have their album entitled Live In London '69.  It's great and I play it often.  I have it on CD.  California Girls, Good Vibrations, God Only Knows, Do it Again, & many more great songs are on that live album.  I highly recommend it!

Edited by 2prnot2p
typo

BB was the 2nd concert the gf & I went to. Of course no Brian Wilson. Not a humongous fan, but it was the happiest I ever saw my Gf. So we literally peaked in month 1. We were scheduled to see Brian Jones Christmas show next Sat, but since we are no more I accepted a work assignment for that day. 

Btw my concert list is coming soon

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

I never got to see the Beach Boys, but I have their album entitled Live In London '69.  It's great and I play it often.  I have it on CD.  California Girls, Good Vibrations, God Only Knows, Do it Again, & many more great songs are on that live album.  I highly recommend it!

Yup, I know about them all lol. Die hard Beach Boys fan. Don't think any other band has more unreleased material than them.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mark J said:

BB was the 2nd concert the gf & I went to. Of course no Brian Wilson. Not a humongous fan, but it was the happiest I ever saw my Gf. So we literally peaked in month 1. We were scheduled to see Brian Jones Christmas show next Sat, but since we are no more I accepted a work assignment for that day. 

Btw my concert list is coming soon

I look forward to it, Mark!

2 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

Beach Boys '69 was an official release.  But, it was not released until 1976.  Maybe I misunderstood you.  What I mean is that it is not a bootleg.   

I just making general reference to the fact that they have a lot of unreleased material as a band.

Oh, ok.  I know.  Tons of stuff.  Brian Wilson wrote so many great songs!  Paul McCartney's all-time fave song is God Only Knows.  Seems a bit weird, since he wrote a gazillion wonderful songs.  Penny Lane, Eleanor Rigby, and The Long and Winding Road are hard to top!

It's just cool to know what songs our heroes like, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Allman Brothers x 5
ELP x 4
Yes x 3 
Bad Company
Robin Trower
Frank Zappa
Queen
Grateful Dead, Dead & Company x 80-110
Neil Diamond
Elton John
Paul McCartney
Eagles
ZZ Top
Willie Nelson
Eric Clapton
Jeff Beck
Outlaws
Leonard Skynrd
Marshall Tucker
Jerry Garcia Band
Ted Nugent
J Giels
Phish x 6
Beach Boys
Jackson Brown
Who
REM
Kansas
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Blues Traveler
Pink Floyd
Bob Dylan
Donovan
Fleetwood Mac
Moody Blues
Don Henley 
Joe Walsh
Jethro Tull
Peter Gabriel
The Cars
The Kinks

Johnny Winters

Plus many newer bands and artists previously in famous bands and some weak incarnations of bands, specifically The Band lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Hot 2
On 12/15/2018 at 5:18 PM, Mark J said:

Allman Brothers x 5
ELP x 4
Yes x 3 
Bad Company
Robin Trower
Frank Zappa
Queen
Grateful Dead, Dead & Company x 80-110
Neil Diamond
Elton John
Paul McCartney
Eagles
ZZ Top
Willie Nelson
Eric Clapton
Jeff Beck
Outlaws
Leonard Skynrd
Marshall Tucker
Jerry Garcia Band
Ted Nugent
J Giels
Phish x 6
Beach Boys
Jackson Brown
Who
REM
Kansas
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Blues Traveler
Pink Floyd
Bob Dylan
Donovan
Fleetwood Mac
Moody Blues
Don Henley 
Joe Walsh
Jethro Tull
Peter Gabriel
The Cars
The Kinks

Johnny Winters

Plus many newer bands and artists previously in famous bands and some weak incarnations of bands, specifically The Band lol

I never knew anyone who's been to so many good concerts as this!  Truly amazing!  WOW!

Edited by 2prnot2p
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...