Anyone own a Motorcycle?

Scot_Lover

Thinking of going antisocial and getting a Hogly Davidson, I can see myself on this one:

It wouldn't be ridden much, only when the ladies are away. They know that I used to be a biker, don't know how they would feel about it, lol. Can I call it a mid life crisis and get away with it?

image.jpeg.a16392eacff1e67911a87585b0bca15e.jpeg

Haven't owned any motorcycles since I was a young man in the 80s, and I mostly owned second hand, 70s vintage ones back then.

I owned a Suzuki GT185, looked a bit like this......

2008%5C06%5C14%5Cbikepics-1320328-320.jpg

And I owned one of these. A Yamaha RD100.....

RD_100_01.jpg

Both were of course quite small two strokes. Back then I also knew a biker friend who had a garage full of bikes, so I often rode his. Fastest and biggest one he ever lent me was one of these, a Suzuki GT500....

suzukigt500-1978-10.jpg

I think it was the biggest two stroke on the road at the time. Most engines of that size tended to be 4 strokes. It was quick, but the fuel consumption always seemed a bit high......

I get a twinge of nostalgia when I look at these pics.

• Like 1
Steeve, they look like Triumph! Old school bikes, I love it!

Other bikes my biker friend had which I can remember riding around on included these four strokes....

A Honda CD175....

blue2008.JPG

This Honda 400 Four....

CB400_1_1_1.JPG

And this two stroke Suzuki X5 200.....

Suzuki-X5-static-041.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Steeve, they look like Triumph! Old school bikes, I love it!

Some years back I used to have an "old school" Triumph. Like any good British bike of its day, it had the antisocial tendency of dripping oil, especially in the poshest neighborhoods. It also vibrated like crazy whenever I got up to highway speed, so my kidneys always got a great workout.

Riding it was always a race to see who would first spring a leak, me or the bike.