Cheerleaders on the Pee-Where-You-Sit Express

Oh, an intriguing plot to say the least!

On the one hand I must admit being slightly disappointed, my favourite aspect of the pee thing being "naughty peeing", auto-cleaning seats are my bane! On the other hand, the idea that all those girls would relieve themselves "in the open" and right next to each other is very good. I wonder if they hired a gay driver to avoid accidents?

I wonder what happened to all of the pee which soaked into the cushions? Did it just (presumably slowly) evaporate when nobody was sitting on the seat, or did it get extracted for processing when the bus got back to the depot?

Evaporated pee would have leave quite a smell behind (ever peed on a bonfire?) so the most logical explanation would be cushions made of a texture that is very absorbent and for the pee to be "sucked in" to be processed later. Microfibers?

Very nice idea. The material could be some kind of highly wicking material which takes liquid and moisture away from the surface. The cushion made of this material could be over a fixed receptacle, which is connected to pipework. The liquid would soak through the cushion, run into the receptacle and down the pipework, where it could be routed to a storage tank or simply run out the bottom to the fall on the road. The cushion surface would dry quickly. At the end of the day, the seats could be "flushed" by pouring water on them. This would flush through the fabric and wicking material to remove any odours. Although the seats would retain some degree of moisture, it wouldn't be detected when sitting on the seat. An interesting project to say the least. It could have applications in any public transport (buses, trains, planes etc.).

The biggest hurdle would be to overcome the prejudices that people have. Most people would find it a very uncomfortable idea. If only they could overcome that (like Paulypeeps for example) then it would be a great idea.

Horse hair upholstery as used on old trains works really well in letting the pee drain away leaving the moquette covering completely dry almost immediately. I sat and peed through my skirt on the seat on the train once and went to the buffet, and when I got back someone was sitting in my seat clearly not noticing that I had just peed in it. The technology is already done and tested!

• Like 1