is there a way to block people??

Yes - there is a Block function:    See the fifth link down on this guide page:

You won't receive notifications when they post content, and they won't be able to contact you.   It still means that you see their content on the site, but you can scroll on by and they can't message you.

• Like 2

Technically yes, but thats inadequate in so many ways that I wrote my own "blocking" script.

Get something like https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/violentmonkey/

and then add the following to it:

var blockedNamesPeefans = ["username 1", "username 2", "username 3"];

var blockedNames = [];

if(window.location.host == "peefans.com") {
  blockedNames = blockedNamesPeefans;
}

function executeRemoval(){

//in discussion

var allComments = document.getElementsByTagName("article");
  for(let i=allComments.length-1; i>=0; i--) {
    var nameElement = allComments.getElementsByTagName("aside")[0].getElementsByTagName("strong")[0].getElementsByTagName("a")[0];
    //console.log("user: " + nameElement.innerHTML);
    if(nameElement){
      if(blockedNames.includes(nameElement.innerHTML)){allComments.remove();}
    }
  }

//name as "last post by" in forum list

var lastPostedEntries = document.getElementsByClassName("ipsDataItem_lastPoster");
  for(let i=lastPostedEntries.length-1; i>=0; i--){
   var nameElement = lastPostedEntries.getElementsByTagName("li")[1].getElementsByTagName("a")[0];
    //console.log("user: " + posterNameElement.innerHTML);
    if(nameElement){
      if(blockedNames.includes(nameElement.innerHTML)){lastPostedEntries.remove();}
    }
  }

//recently active topics

var activeTopicsEntries = document.getElementsByClassName("cWidgetComments");
  for(let i = activeTopicsEntries.length-1; i>=0; i--){
      var nameElement = activeTopicsEntries.getElementsByTagName("p")[0].getElementsByTagName("span")[0].getElementsByTagName("a")[0];
      if(nameElement){
      if(blockedNames.includes(nameElement.innerHTML)){activeTopicsEntries.parentNode.remove();}
    }
  }

// recent posts

var recentPostEntries = document.getElementsByClassName("ipsDataItem_main");
  for(let i = recentPostEntries.length-1; i>0; i--){
    var posterNameElement = recentPostEntries.getElementsByClassName("ipsType_blendLinks")[0].getElementsByTagName("a")[0];
    if(posterNameElement){
      if(blockedNames.includes(posterNameElement.innerHTML)){recentPostEntries.parentNode.remove();}
    }
  }

var allBlockedMessages = document.getElementsByClassName("ipsComment_ignored");
  for(let i=0;i<allBlockedMessages.length;i++){ allBlockedMessages.remove(); }
}

executeRemoval();
setInterval(executeRemoval, 50);

that script also works with other forums using the same software, hence the first check thing

• Like 1

Yeah the block function really only applies to visuals. They will still be able to see you and what you post and message you as far as I know, but their messages will show up as hidden and you'll have the option to unhide them. 

I'd prefer to be able to block people to hide my stuff from them so that I completely disappear from them, but we don't have that here 😫

• Like 1
14 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Yes - there is a Block function:    See the fifth link down on this guide page:

You won't receive notifications when they post content, and they won't be able to contact you.   It still means that you see their content on the site, but you can scroll on by and they can't message you.

I like having the blocking of messages feature available. We all like different interests. It is possible to message someone in a way that is not offerensive, but something the other party doesn't have an interest in discussing (such as pee drinking). These messages would not be worthy of a "report" in my view (I am fairly tolerant individual), but it is nice to be able to stop the receipt of any more messages from that user if they are persistant.

• Like 1