Pee and littering

19 hours ago, Kevin said:

I think the place where you'll find the most littering and pissing are festivals !

I saw streets at festivals that were flooded with piss, dudes (and girls) pissing even on people's front door. And it's common to see dudes casually dropping cans of beer or other trash as they walk cuz no one gives a fuck !!

Very much true at NH Carnival. The streets are lined with rubbish and even if there are multiple free/paid toilets on the road, there are still large queues. With the abundance of disposable cups and take out packaging both are inevitable.

Though the highlights are definitely finding those 'improvised' urinals. With a floor that's flooded, spreading all the way down the street with piss and an abundance of used tissues. Even some of those had queues...

• Like 1
  • Cheeky 1
  • Hot 1
3 hours ago, embruh said:

Very much true at NH Carnival. The streets are lined with rubbish and even if there are multiple free/paid toilets on the road, there are still large queues. With the abundance of disposable cups and take out packaging both are inevitable.

Though the highlights are definitely finding those 'improvised' urinals. With a floor that's flooded, spreading all the way down the street with piss and an abundance of used tissues. Even some of those had queues...

I would have loved to be there to see the peeing.   Having queues to public piss spots is just brilliant.

• Like 2
On 8/27/2024 at 6:54 AM, TylerHasFun said:

I think I never get to realizing when I litter and shit like that.  Probably done it more than i realize.  My buddies do for sure. My buddy Chris, its the only way he cleans his car I feel like is when he throws shit out the window.   But like I said, im just a slob.  Fuck and if pissing is litterin, than no one litters like me.  Lol

What do you mean by Chris?

On 8/29/2024 at 10:06 AM, TylerHasFun said:

Chris is my friend.  i was saying how cleans his truck by throwing shit out the window all the time

That’s great! I love your littering stories.

• Hot 1
On 8/27/2024 at 11:00 AM, Alfresco said:

I would have loved to be there to see the peeing.   Having queues to public piss spots is just brilliant.

Definitely recommend it, it's an overall fun time either way. The other stuff is a bonus.

The hotspots at the end of the day are particularly interesting, you'll find so many tissues.
Even if it's been an evening the older ones from the morning will look so worn out/frayed by the sheer amount of usage

rainy_day.jpg

• Hot 2
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, pissingguy said:

I dont think I litter that much but if I am done with a beer can I toss it away. I dont think that much about it. Do you consider it as litter if you just drop some tissues or a can?

At least a tissue will break down rather quickly.  Beer cans will not break down. Neither will plastic and other products. How hard is it to take it home or to a trash can outside a gas station, fast food place, etc and throw it away?  All the litter adds up and becomes a hazard to wildlife as well as an eye sore. There is someone in our neighborhood who keeps throwing their drink containers in people's yards. We would all like to catch them someday.

• Agree 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, miniskirtpisser said:

I will sound terrible but here goes. There are hiking trails that are not that well frequented in my area. It’s a great pleasure of mine to be able to pee on an unused and conspicuous spot (e.g. sandy or dusty area so my pee puddle is obvious) & throw the used tissue in my puddle. I’m hoping that the pee lover encounters it and appreciate the display. 

To minimize the damage, I’ll only leave behind tissues and not wet wipes or other non-degradable stuffs. Doing it in a pristine area is a major plus & turn on for me as well. 

That is not terrible at all.   It is exactly what I like to see.   The tissue will degrade relatively rapidly (although may take much longer than most expect) and the peeing where someone can see the evidence is something I appreciate.  I do this myself, but without the tissue.  I like to pee on tree trunks that are right by a path so the next people to walk that way can obviously see someone has peed there.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 10/4/2024 at 11:01 PM, pissingguy said:

I dont think I litter that much but if I am done with a beer can I toss it away. I dont think that much about it. Do you consider it as litter if you just drop some tissues or a can?

In answer to your question, my opinion is that it is all littering.  Tissues do degrade over time, but anything else will be around for a long time, looks unsightly and is a hazard to wildlife.  I guess if it is on a street or oublic park or organised event then at some point somebody who we all have to pay through taxes will come along and clean up after you, but anywhere else like rural roadsides, country walks etc, it will sit there for a very long time being a hazard to nature and looking a mess.   The point about it just being one can, well how many times is it just one can? And how many people drop just one can? So then we end up with a trail of cans all over the place - look at some of the hot spots like junctions and roundabout approaches on the road network.

• Agree 3
On 10/5/2024 at 6:14 PM, miniskirtpisser said:

I will sound terrible but here goes. There are hiking trails that are not that well frequented in my area. It’s a great pleasure of mine to be able to pee on an unused and conspicuous spot (e.g. sandy or dusty area so my pee puddle is obvious) & throw the used tissue in my puddle. I’m hoping that the pee lover encounters it and appreciate the display. 

To minimize the damage, I’ll only leave behind tissues and not wet wipes or other non-degradable stuffs. Doing it in a pristine area is a major plus & turn on for me as well. 

@miniskirtpisser do you also do this in non nature areas (like parking lots)?  How long have you been doing this? Did you learn to wipe and drop the tissue growing up?

On 8/11/2024 at 7:48 AM, vivi54 said:

I wouldn't even really consider that littering, I mean it's a tissue, it'll be gone (reduced to atoms) after it rains once or twice...

It takes many years for it to decompose. Not one or two rain storms.

Please pick up your trash or use a Kula Cloth.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1
On 8/14/2024 at 5:20 PM, glad1 said:

Much as I find the sight of confident and brazen women peeing outside and, in the moment, casually discarding a tissue to be totally hot, I guess the environmentalist in me expects her to eventually pick it up.

I've gone on hundreds of, if not a thousand or more, hikes and nearly always I've been very disheartened seeing how much litter is on the trail. When I've led my own, I'll make a point of telling my charges to pack out whatever they've brought in.

If I hike one-on-one with a trail partner I'll usually carry a microfiber cloth with me. Many times I've gifted it to her, most always she's been very appreciative and much more than once I've wished to ask for it back when she was done.

While I agree that it's hot in the moment and hot to see the evidence of pee spots but don't do it.

If I hike I'll pick up trash but one thing I will not touch any paper products, unless I'm doing it in an official capacity with gloves, or preferably a grabber, and garbage bags. This is something almost universe amongst actually empathetic and conscientious hikers and nature lovers.

There's a huge gap in education on what is perceived to be biodegradable. Whether it's toilet paper or banana peels or pistachio shells. Yes, it's better than a plastic bottle or dumping oil on the ground but these items take years, decades to hundreds of years to decompose. I don't want to see it.

Yeah it's hot in the moment but your kink doesn't outweigh the environmental impact. PLEASE pick up your fucking trash.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, vivi54 said:

No it doesn't?

For real lmfao it takes like two week to one month to decompose and it's even faster with rain and all. It doesn't take "many years". 😂

• Like 3

https://www.backpacker.com/skills/4-ways-to-make-packing-out-tp-less-gross

You're wrong, this is a common misconception.

“Studies show that buried toilet paper decomposes within 1-3 years except in areas with particularly cold, wet, or dry soils (e.g., alpine areas, wetlands, and deserts),” wrote Marion. That covers some of America’s most popular terrain, including the Central and Southern Appalachians.

But in those alpine areas, wetlands, and deserts where TP doesn’t decompose so readily, hikers often need some convincing to carry it out. 

Yes it will break down quickly but that's in ideal environments like a septic tank. But not just out in the open.

• Like 2

I did an experiment at home on the biodegrading of typical domestic toilet paper.   I put toilet paper outside in several locations - one amongst vegetation on open waste ground exposed to the weather to simulate discarded tissues in nature that were just dropped where you pee, one pushed under the edge of a deck to simulate where someone pushed it under something to hide it and one on a concrete pad behind the shed to simulate it being discarded in a parking lot.   I wet each one slightly to simulate it having been used to wipe pee.

i monitored them over time.   The one that was out in the open vegetation went very soggy after the first rain (which was over 2 weeks) and was still very much in evidence a couple of months later.   It was a good six months before it broke up to the point of not being obvious and even then it was still evident.  Even then I think it was more hidden by growing vegetation than being completely broken down.  The one on the concrete lasted longer again.  It just became a more concentrated lump which alternately got soggy and then dried out.  The one under the deck was virtually unchanged after a year.  I ended up moving that one and the one on the concrete due to work that we were doing in the garden.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Vassal said:

https://www.backpacker.com/skills/4-ways-to-make-packing-out-tp-less-gross

You're wrong, this is a common misconception.

Yes it will break down quickly but that's in ideal environments like a septic tank. But not just out in the open.

The quote is about buried toilet paper, not at all what I (or you for that matter) were talking about. Obviously things take longer to decompose underground vs. exposed to the elements.

Also no offense but you're quoting some random website that quotes some random guy who vaguely gestures at some unspecified studies...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, vivi54 said:

The quote is about buried toilet paper, not at all what I (or you for that matter) were talking about. Obviously things take longer to decompose underground vs. exposed to the elements.

Also no offense but you're quoting some random website that quotes some random guy who vaguely gestures at some unspecified studies...

They can’t put anything on the internet that isn’t true. Guess where I read that.

On 10/8/2024 at 9:08 AM, Havelock said:

@miniskirtpisser do you also do this in non nature areas (like parking lots)?  How long have you been doing this? Did you learn to wipe and drop the tissue growing up?

Yep, sometimes I do it in non nature areas too. I have been doing it for years (since I was a kid). Yep, wiping & dropping was taught to me growing up. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
On 10/10/2024 at 12:15 PM, miniskirtpisser said:

Yep, sometimes I do it in non nature areas too. I have been doing it for years (since I was a kid). Yep, wiping & dropping was taught to me growing up. 

@miniskirtpisser I'm curious, where did you grow up and how taught you to wipe and drop? I've seen wipping and dropping more frequently in the Europe vs. US and other parts of the world. I also know that growing up in Spain the nannies would always carry little packs of tissues to wipe us and thus also taught my female cousins to wipe that way. They would always drop the tissue after wherever we had left our puddles in nature or in the city.

I imagine for many, if tissue is available it'd be treated as if it was a regular toilet. Same when leaving tissue behind without really considering it. Especially if those festival vids are to go by, I've never seen anyone who wipes actually take it with them.
Although in that scenario, not only is it the most convenient option (which is very much in human nature to choose the easiest one), but everyone else is doing so anyway.