How do the ladies here approach peeing during a picnic?

Much of what we talk about here on the site seems to attract a sexual connotation - and I'm just as at risk of that too.   But that isn't really always the case.  There's a clue in the site title 'PeeFANS' and not peefetishists or peesexaddicts.

So on that basis, it's fair to think that everyone in your family group may need to pee at some point, a greater or lesser time after using a bathroom.

Of course if you're in a public park or a beach where there are official toilets then people can use them - but if you're in a meadow somewhere in the wilds that's a different matter, where nature dictates peeing may be needed.  Just a biological function.   And you've said in other places that you pee whilst hiking and have peed with your sister in the past.

So what's different in this instance in the context of 'family' from what you've done with your family in the past?

• Agree 3
3 hours ago, Sarah_Hiker31 said:

I’ve been on a few picnics in my life and I’ve usually just squatted behind a tree but I’m going on a picnic with my family soon and I don’t think it’d be too appropriate for my to do that Lmaoo

If you need to take care of emptying a full bladder, then it is natural and you have to do what is necessary. 😉

It would be a little abnormal if there was a clean toilet provided nearby and you still went behind a tree, even if you prefer it.  Also peeing in open view of others in your party might be considered strange, so you might want to find a private spot.

But, I am guessing if you have to pee, then others with you may also need to pee.

Have a good picnic and let us know how it goes!

• Agree 1
  • 1 month later...

Probably way too late to respond @Sarah_Hiker31 as you said your picnic was "soon" in December.   However, in case it is useful, I'd agree with what's been said above.

It does depend greatly on location and to some extent the attitude of others.  Chances are, if you are not near toilets then everyone in the group will need to pee at some point (unless it is a short picnic with very little drink and a short drive back home).  So for example, if you are having a picnic in the middle of some woods or near something that gives cover like a wall, hedge, bushes or large rock, then the natural thing to do would be to simply excuse yourself saying something like "Sorry, but I really need a pee" or "I need the loo" or something slightly more subtle like "That drink has gone right through me - be right back" and then go behind whatever cover is available.     If you are having your picnic in a large open place such as a large field or open moorland then you might not have any readily available cover.  In that case, you still say the same thing, but then you have to decide how far is a reasonable distance to walk to be discrete enough.  I mean they all know what you are doing, but at 10 feet they can see everything, at 50 feet, you are more of a general shape and at 100 feet you are just a person squatted on the grass.

Another option of course is that you ask if anyone else needs to go, then maybe two of you can go and cover each other.

You could also take the view that you will wait and see what anyone else does, but that depends on someone else giving in to the urge before you are desperate!

Chances are that if the person organising the picnic has chosen a place away from toilets, then they are not worried about people peeing outside.

It becomes more complicated if there are toilets somewhere nearby, but not in the immediate vicinity.  Then there is the possibility of using a toilet, but it might not be that handy.  I'm thinking about a time that I went to a picnic with some extended family.   It was held in a field where we all drove into the field and parked the cars and then had the picnic near the cars.   My wife needed to pee and there was a pub several minutes walk away, so we walked down to the pub and used their toilets.   However, later on three ladies (one of whom was the host) said they were just going for a quick walk and they walked to the edge of the field, through a gate and behind a wall, then came back a couple of minutes later.  No prizes for guessing what they did behind that wall.  So that showed that the hosts who chose the location considered that lack of toilets was not a problem.  Through the afternoon, some people went to the pub, some went out of the field behind that wall and I'm pretty sure some just quickly nipped behind their parked cars when "getting more supplies".

Back to your own picnic @Sarah_Hiker31, has it happened yet?  If so, how did it go?

I think if there are no nearby facilities and males are stepping away to pee there is no reason on earth that females should not be able to do the same. The idea that men can be comfortable while females have to hold there pee and suffer is ludicrous.  It should go without saying you should respect your family enough to not pop a squat  and pee right in front of them anymore than a guy can just whip it out. Not only might people not want to see that (even though many of us would) .

It also would become a hygiene issue if people were just pissing where people are hanging out and eating.

It would be great to hear how ir worked out.

• Agree 1
10 hours ago, Sarah_Hiker31 said:

It went great, I wrote the story about how it went a while ago but I don’t know what happened to that post.

I've just glanced back on your profile @Sarah_Hiker31 and you did write the story, on Christmas Eve 2023.   For some reason it had been removed from the site, but checking it I don't know why - it doesn't break any site rules and I don't remember any other reasons.

So - it's back for all to enjoy.  It can be found in Real Pee & Experiences or via this link:

https://peefans.com/topic/29094-family-picnic-pee/

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Sarah_Hiker31 said:

It went great, I wrote the story about how it went a while ago but I don’t know what happened to that post.

I have read the story now (thanks @gldenwetgoose) excellent experience @Sarah_Hiker31.  Did anyone else follow your lead and avoid the squat ditch toilet after that?

15 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

I've just glanced back on your profile @Sarah_Hiker31 and you did write the story, on Christmas Eve 2023.   For some reason it had been removed from the site, but checking it I don't know why - it doesn't break any site rules and I don't remember any other reasons.

So - it's back for all to enjoy.  It can be found in Real Pee & Experiences or via this link:

https://peefans.com/topic/29094-family-picnic-pee/

Wow thanks so much!