Are any of you religious?

I was raised Catholic, but have distanced myself somewhat from the church as an adult due to the church's backward stance on things like LGBTQ+ rights, women's rights, and more.

I am both religious and spiritual. My family and I still attend services semi-regularly, usually remotely (rather than attending in-person). It's a habit we got into during COVID, and it's now too convenient to do it remotely versus going back in person. 

The reason we still attend is that our local church has a priest we love, who is very progressive, and teaches that we should "Love thy neighbor" no matter what. None of this hate-oriented BS that the more fundamental religions spew.

As for my kids - it will be up to them to decide what they believe, and what they want to practice. My daughter (teenager) is agnostic. She only sees the hate and trouble caused by organized religion, and is wary of it. My son, a little younger, hasn't really expressed what he believes yet. 

• Like 1